Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, July 09, 2016

A finish :)

Well it has certainly been a busy couple of months.  I've made two trips to visit my granddaughter (and her parents) and spent almost a week each time.  She's growing so fast, I can't believe she's a little over a year now.  She's so much fun, and I love watching her do things.  She had a fantastic 4th of July, hope you all had a great holiday too.
Evidently yogurt and corn on the cob is a delicious way to picnic on the holiday :)  So far she pretty much enjoys and will eat anything, which makes it so much easier to go places.  She also seems to like spicy, which is great as both her parents love spicy food so it will make dinners much easier in the future as long as her tastes don't change.

I've made another cat mat for the local shelter, and had a wonderful finish.  May I present my dragon (poor little guy still doesn't have a name).  This is SK Forest Walk by A. Stokes, a HAED pattern, done on 16 ct. Aida.
He just needs to be washed, pressed, and some of the remaining specialty fibers my two furbabies have been donating removed (or as much of it as can be, it kind of gets woven in pretty good somehow).  At least with it being a darker piece, the black fur doesn't show to much, not like some of the lighter pieces I've done.  Jo-ann's is having a great framing sale right now, so probably going there.  

Now to focus on my remaining WIP's, really trying to clean up some of them, and especially Riley's birth sampler.  My goal is to have that done by the end of this year.   One of the new starts that is tempting me is Mini Moonlighting, aren't they adorable. I think they have such sweet faces.  I have the pattern and the materials, would just need to organize them and then......I'd be off :)  So many fun projects so little time it seems.  The drawback of having to work to support my stitching habit, LOL.


Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.  We had some nasty storms yesterday, luckily my area didn't lose power but many are still without.  Pretty overcast now, so more may be coming our way.



10 Comments:

  • At 11:05 AM , Blogger Dee said...

    I am SO glad you stopped by my blog today.

    Your granddaughter is just so precious!!! Looks like she is really enjoying that corn on the cob.

    Your stitching is AMAZING! The dragon is really beautiful. I can't wait to see it all framed up.

    Ah yes...kitty hair. We were adopted by a little kitty last June. He sheds like it is his full-time JOB!!! But, I don't know what we would do without him. He's a cutie pie! Somebody's "throw-away cat" became our sweet little boy.

     
  • At 2:00 PM , Blogger Crazee4books said...

    Hello Sue,

    Nice to hear from you again. Loved seeing the picture of your granddaughter! What a
    cutie ... and she does look like she's enjoying that corn on the cob! What a relief that
    she is not a picky eater and actually likes spicy foods. Good for her.

    Your dragon finish is fabulous!! I've often yearned to try my hand at stitching a HAED
    or variation thereof but don't think I could handle it. And it takes me long enough to
    stitch a regular design. A full coverage design would take forever!!

    On the other hand ... Mini Moonlighting is gorgeous!!! The colours ... the design ... the
    cats!!! Sigh! Guess I'll let you stitch it "for me" and live vicariously.

    I share your pain when it comes to cat fur and stitching. I keep tweezers in my stitching
    box and use those to pluck out the offending fur while I'm stitching ... when I can. I
    guess it's just another way to "personalize" a design.

    We're desperate for rain here. The odd, brief downpour does nothing to relieve the
    drought and farmers are warning that another few weeks of relatively dry conditions
    might result in crop failures. Crazy times!

    Cheers!

     
  • At 3:50 PM , Blogger Margaret said...

    Your granddaughter is so beautiful and it is wonderful to see how she is enjoying her corn.
    What a wonderful visit you must have had.
    Your dragon is gorgeous and the kitties you are about to stitch are adorable.

     
  • At 3:43 PM , Blogger Mike Raven said...

    What a great dragon! Love it :)

     
  • At 12:27 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Your granddaughter is so adorable!

     
  • At 5:42 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    Beautiful little lady and stunning stitching

     
  • At 9:38 AM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    Your granddaughter is adorable!!!

    Wow your finish is awesome!

     
  • At 10:18 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    I don't have my address book on my new computer, so will answer your question here ----- the new sock is coming along very well. Hermione is working great with this color yarn. I was thinking of starting over and making dark blue ribbing, heel and toe, but decided I was too far along to rip back for such a silly reason. LOL

    The cross stitching is stalled for the moment. I didn't take it with us on the trip. Maybe tomorrow I'll put in a few stitches.

    Have a great weekend.

     
  • At 8:53 AM , Blogger Crazee4books said...

    Hi Sue, I am shaking my head and laughing. You had the first Elemental Mysteries book in your posession already.
    Hope that you enjoy it ... And the others ... As much as I did. Just discovered another new ... To me ... Author ...M.J. Rose.
    I think she's right up your alley too. I dusted and cleaned my library yesterday and was going through my old (30 years)
    Collection of fantasy paperbacks. Ah .... Good times. Happy memories. . Love books!!!! Cheers! Judy

     
  • At 10:32 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Your granddaughter is adorable!

    Love your HAED finish. It looks amazing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home