Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, February 08, 2015

New start

Not much going on at the moment, watching some of the snow melt that we've gotten (the last pass through dropped a little over a foot on us) and wishing winter would hurry up and be over.  We're looking at possible freezing drizzle later today, ugh, that will make things really messy.

I'm about half done with the new cat mat I'm crocheting, a lovely deep burgundy color, and I've gotten quite a good start on a new project that I'll be taking to a stitching retreat later this year.  The original design suggested a couple different color combinations that could be used, but said we could pick what ever appealed to us to actually stitch it in.  The stitching needs to be done before we go, as we'll be learning a finishing technique while we're there.  Not sure what it will be finished into, but I'm really enjoying the colors I picked.
The alphabet I just started will continue around the block, and then there will be more of the motif again on the outside of the lettering, using the variegated blues again.  I originally thought of using a solid really dark blue for the letters, but that seemed to get lost.  I'll see how I like the purple once it's all done.  If don't like the contrast, the lettering will be easy enough to pull out and use another color for later.  Variegated flosses are so fun to use, love how you can just thread up your needle and go, no constant switching of colors, perfect for working on at the end of the day when you're a bit tired and don't want to concentrate to hard.

We'll off to catch up with all of you, hope you're all staying warm :)

7 Comments:

  • At 12:26 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Looks really pretty so far.

     
  • At 1:17 PM , Blogger Barb said...

    You're new start looks great so far. I love the colors. We are expecting freezing rain here too.

     
  • At 2:18 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Love your new start and I think the colors are perfect.

    Linda

     
  • At 8:57 PM , Blogger Mary Ann said...

    I love your new start--I really like the colors you have chosen!!

     
  • At 9:11 AM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    I love the colours you picked and can't wait tot see what you're going to turn it into!

     
  • At 10:01 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Your new start is so pretty. Love those colours.

     
  • At 10:28 PM , Blogger Margaret said...

    Great colors on this pretty new start.

    Like you I am tired of winter. When will spring arrive?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home