Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Floss haul and Baby Sampler :)

JoAnn's had a 30% off your entire purchase today, so I stocked up on flosses. I picked up the ones I needed for the baby sampler I'll be doing, as well as the ones for Maleficent by HAED (although she's been subsequently renamed on there as the Evil Queen).  All together over 100 skeins, so timing it to when they had a sale was a necessity.  They each ring up separately, so the final receipt was longer than I am tall (so over 5'2") when I held it up, LOL. Thankfully the lady was quite friendly and didn't seem to mind ringing them all through.  

Maleficent that I want to stitch is in an earlier post, but here is the baby sampler I'll be doing that my DD picked out.
They love Disney and Pooh, Eeyore, and the gang, and are thinking of a 100 acre wood theme, so this will be perfect, and I love the little characters, so will be bright and fun to work on as well.

I have made some headway on my camp project as well, and have 2 of the 4 sides done now.  Once I finish the third and fourth side just have the outline stitching to do around the outside of the whole area.

I still like the colors I picked, so am good with that.  However, I one of those people that likes my work to be balanced, and so unfortunately on the outside edge the gap that shows on the right sides of each outside piece, where there is no letter to offset the one on the left side of the outside section, is bugging me.  I know that's the design, but it doesn't look finished to me.  Since I don't know exactly how it will be finished finished in class, it's possible that something will go there later, but if not, I know down the road it will bug me each time I see it.  I'm thinking to find four small charms or buttons I can stitch in those spots, that way if it does need to be empty for a reason I can take them back off fairly easily, and it they were going to be just blank (since not everyone needs things balanced) I'll be all set and not have problems with it.  I'd thought about stitching a small motif in each, but if they do need to be blank for a reason, didn't want to have to worry about taking class time to take stitched motifs out in a hurry.  Now just need to figure out what type of charm/buttons I'd like to use.  Hope you're all staying warm  this winter, it sure has been a cold one.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    I think small dark blue buttons would be cute. The blues you chose are beautiful.

     
  • At 7:36 AM , Blogger Mary Ann said...

    I bet you had fun floss shopping! And, the baby sampler is adorable--perfect for the new little one!!

     
  • At 5:28 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Wonderful stitching!

     
  • At 8:50 AM , Blogger Margaret said...

    What an adorable baby sampler. It will be such fun to stitch.

    Great that you were able to get all the floss for your Evil Witch with such a good discount.

     
  • At 10:53 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    Beautiful blue stitching.

     
  • At 8:47 AM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    Your camp project is looking great!

     
  • At 10:33 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Love the baby sampler you're going to stitch.

    Your WIP is gorgeous.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home