Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, January 25, 2015

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'll start with the BIG news first, I'm so excited, I'm going to be a GRANDMA!!!!!  My daughter and her husband are expecting a girl late May!

I love the announcement they made, they are big gamers, ever since they were both young.  For a wedding cake they had Link and Zelda for the topper (they found the figurines and made the topper themselves).

Then, following the gaming theme, since they both still play all kinds of video games, they came up with this for the announcement

I thought it was great, so creative.  Fun part also, was that once you know what it is, it is obvious, but initially not everyone got it :)

Now onto the fun, but not quite as exciting, stuff.  Haven't done near as much stitching as I'd like,  we've had some more turn over at work, and lots of people taking vacation time for the holidays that put us behind while we covered for them, so not as much free time as I'd like, but I did get both of the Pine Mountain tuck pillows Naughty/Nice done and love how they came out.  They were a lot of fun to put out for Christmas (actually still have them out LOL, they make me smile).  I haven't liked very many of the more recent Pine Mountain pillows they've come out with, prefer more their earlier style, but these I thought were adorable.

Other than that, I've finished two crochet cat mats for the local animal shelter.  Really need to get going on a couple of my other WIP's, or maybe a fun new start.  Just got a new pattern from HAED, Maleficent, which looks like it would be a lot of fun.  They were having a 50% off sale and I couldn't resist.  Decisions, Decisions.

Hope you're all staying warm this winter, now I'm off to catchup on your blogs (which I apologize for being so far behind on).

9 Comments:

  • At 7:36 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Congratulations on becoming a Grandma. Love your new chart.

    Linda

     
  • At 9:19 AM , Blogger Mary Ann said...

    Congratulations, Grandma!! Lots of fun times ahead for you!

    The pillows are adorable, and I love your new chart!!

     
  • At 10:04 AM , Blogger Kathy A. said...

    Congratulations! Being a Grandma has been one of my greatest joys. I have 3 grandchildren and they just make life so wonderful. I wish the same for you.

     
  • At 10:30 AM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    What a cool and creative announcement! Congratulations on becoming a soon to be grandma!

    Your pillows turned out lovely!

     
  • At 11:02 AM , Blogger Julie said...

    How exciting, a very fun announcement, I like that!
    You'll have even less time to craft when the little one arrives ... I do.

     
  • At 3:10 PM , Blogger Margaret said...

    Congratulations - soon you will be a granny and oh how you will love it.

    Time to start stitching a birth sampler?

     
  • At 4:24 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    I love when the announcements fit the personality of the parents. That one is VERY cute!

    Congratulations Grandma to be! I'm so happy for you and your family!

     
  • At 5:26 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Congrats on both accounts... for the new baby coming, and for your finishes.

    I have a huge bin of PM kits... The older ones. I won it from a blog giveaway several years ago. I think I've stitched two so far, lol. So many projects... so little time.

     
  • At 2:15 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Wow, a big congrats to you all! Love, love that announcement. It was super cool and very creative. Is this your first grand baby? Pretty finishes too. So sorry I am late seeing this, I have been on Facebook more than the blogs recently.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home