Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, November 09, 2014

Tiny finish

Not a lot to show really this time, but it did seem to take me forever to finish it.  Backstitch just isn't my thing, I tend to procrastinate forever on finishing a piece that has it.  However, with my earlier finish of Promise Me, my smaller piece I'd been working on at the same time only had that left, and since was a Christmas piece, if I finished it I still could get it "finish" finished and be able to display for Christmas of this year.  So, I buckled down and got all the back stitching done.  

The back stitching really does make it pop, especially the leaves and berries and such, and when I'm done I like the effect, just don't like doing it.  Now to just sew on the little star charm and decide if I want to do as a little pillow, flat fold, or find a little plain frame at Michaels and decorate it myself (which could be kind of fun).


This is Joy Bird from Hinzeit's Charmed Choice series, it was done on 28 ct Antique White Monaco with regular DMC.





The other little piece that I had out and only put a few stitches in earlier that I'd been working on along with Promise me was a small Pine Mountain tuck pillow, I love those, so easy to totally finish when done stitching as you just pop it  into the pillow that comes with the kit.  Anyway, here is what I have so far on a the little Mouse Naughty, I think he's going to be adorable with the coal in his stocking when he's finished, and he should be done well in time to put out for Christmas this year as well. (he'll look much better once I get his eyes, nose, and whiskers in).



Hope you're all doing well, no snow here yet, although they've said we may get a bit, ugh!!! Oh well, at least it shouldn't stick.  I'm so not looking forward to winter coming, wish could just bypass it entirely.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:25 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Congrats on the pretty finish. Love the little mouse one.

    Linda

     
  • At 3:21 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Looks good!

     
  • At 8:02 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Cute projects.

    I used to love those Pine Mountain Pillow kits, but the newer ones, not so much. The fabric isn't nice anymore and I don't like patterns that just have colored blocks. When the colors aren't dramatically different, it is really hard to separate the colors and make sure you are correct. :-(

     
  • At 8:55 PM , Blogger Mary Ann said...

    A very pretty finish, and the little mouse is going to be a cute finish!!

     
  • At 10:59 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Beautiful finish. Love the little mouse :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home