Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, November 02, 2014

Finish :)

Had a fun day yesterday, went to visit Kim for the day and helped her box up some more of her stuff for her upcoming move to N. Carolina.  Seems odd to see their house so empty.  A lot of the stuff has already gone when my brother moved the first group down to NC to the new house they have there.  Kim has the remainder here while she was winding up things and my nephew was finishing his senior year (so he wouldn't have to do his senior year at a new school in NC, this way he could finish with his friends).  You don't realize how much stuff you really have squirreled away till you have to pack and move it all.

In the process we both got thinking of our various WIP's that we have, some of them (at least in my case) quite a bit older.  At this point looks like our SAL will turn out to be a WIP SAL.  Each week we'll pick a WIP to work on, and then post our progress.  This way we'll make progress on some of our older items, hopefully get some of them finished, and have a nice selection to work on depending on if we want something more detailed or more along the lines of a no brainer for the evening.  Should be fun to seeing the various WIP's as they come out of hiding to see the light of day.  Been a while since I've really organized my stash, so not really sure how many WIP's (or UFO's ) I have hiding, but will be fun digging them out.  Hmmmm where to start :)

Anyway, one item that won't be in my grouping of projects for our WIP SAL is Promise Me, by Lizzie Kate


Just finished it and actually got it pressed for a picture.  This was done on 32 ct. Chantilly Creme by Lakeside Linens.  It actually has a bit more pinkish undertones to it in real life (looks more brownish here), but I don't seem to be able to get a picture to show that.  I only used two of the recommended colors, switching the rest out for overdyes I had on hand.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and at this point am thinking of having it made into a pillow.

We'll I'm off to deal with more leaves and other chores for the day.  At least it looks like will be a beautiful day today, bit on the chilly side, but the sun is out and not having any of the high winds or rain that we have been.  Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:01 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Congrats on your finish. Looks great!

     
  • At 8:40 PM , Blogger Mary Ann said...

    Congratulations on a wonderful finish!! I have the chart, and hope to stitch it soon.

    I look forward to watching you stitch your way through your WIP's!

     
  • At 9:45 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Congrats on the gorgeous finish. I love the colors you choice.

    Linda

     
  • At 10:45 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Promise Me is beautiful. Will you frame it or turn it into a pillow?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home