Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, October 04, 2014

Summer's almost gone

Where has this summer gone, it's just flown by.  I was out mowing the other day and it seems I'm starting to get more leaves now than grass, UGH!!!! I don't want winter, our last one seemed to last forever, and summer barely seemed to warm up and now it's on the way out.

I spent a wonderful week in Conn. recently visiting my daughter and her husband and seeing their new place. While there we went to the big Expo that was in Mass, just across the border from where they are in Conn., as well as got to see some of the huge ESPN campus where he works and went to an orchard and picked apples and peaches, the weather was wonderful.  Also went to the Cheesecake factory.  I'd never been to one, closest I'd come is all the references in the Big Bang Theory when Penny is working (I LOVE that show, soooo funny).  We had a delicious dinner and then I finished with a vanilla bean cheesecake slice, sooooooooo yummy, I could eat that every day I fear if I lived closer to one to be able to get it, guess it's probably good that I don't, LOL.

As to being creative, I've finished another cute cat mat for the animal shelter and made a bit of headway on the SAL I'm doing with my DSIL Kim.
I'm really enjoying this one, and love the saying on it, pretty much believe in yourself, you're capable of a lot more than you think you are, which is something I really have trouble with sometimes.  The colors are so soft and restful to work on in the evening, and the fabric even though a 32 count has been surprisingly easy for me to see and work with.  My earlier finish of Literate Dragon has a new home, it grew feet when my daughter was here for a while getting her stuff together and traveled with her to Conn.  She has it on the wall next to one of her large bookcases of books, a pretty appropriate placement for it.  While I hated to see it go, I know it went somewhere it would be appreciated, and it made a unique housewarming piece for their walls :)  Now I'll have to figure out something new to do for myself.  There are so many lovely HAED pieces that I just can't decide on one.  Oh well, at some point one will finally call louder than the others and that one will get started.  With as long as they take to do, I want to make sure I pick one that I'll really love as it will be a WIP for quite a while.

For a closing I'll leave you with a picture of my little trouble maker, whose not so little anymore, LOL.  Mouse is a year now, and quite a bit bigger.  Here she is saying hello and thinking about getting up to help if I'm going to stitch (she's such a help, got to love the addition of all the specialty fiber in my projects).  If you scroll back aways you'll see how much more she fills out the climbing tree shelf now, she's turned into quite a big kitty :)



9 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Mouse's eyes are stunning!!! What a beautiful cat.

    Glad you are back blogging.

     
  • At 11:07 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Hmmm, Mouse doesn't seem to be much of a mouse anymore, huh?? And funny how the dragon ended up with your daughter. See, even after all this time, we still sacrifice for our kids!!! LOL

    and like Dee said, glad to see you posting more!

     
  • At 4:47 AM , Blogger Hazel said...

    That's a beautiful design!

     
  • At 9:50 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Lovely project. Your kitty is adorable. I have several helpers like that.

    Linda

     
  • At 4:29 AM , Blogger Julie said...

    Sweet cat, a lovely expression in those beautiful eyes.
    Nice stitching project.
    It's always lovely when someone really wants a project you have finished. My brother has my Shores of Hawk Run Hollow above his desk as he really wanted that when it was finished.

     
  • At 7:23 AM , Blogger Mary Ann said...

    It sounds like a wonderful visit with your daughter and son-in-law! And it is nice that your dragon piece has found a great new home where it will be appreciated.

    Your new piece is looking great!!

     
  • At 8:33 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Beautiful kitty! Your stitching is so pretty-that's a nice piece. And BBT is one of our absolute favorite shows of all time!! I'm not liking Penny as a pharmaceutical sales person, lol. She belongs at the Cheesecake Factory! :P

     
  • At 7:46 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    I love this piece Sue. It is so pretty and love the saying. I bought the chart to stitch for both my girls and myself.

    Love the Big Bang Theory! The new series starts over here next week. Can't wait!

    Mouse is so sweet!

     
  • At 6:09 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Lovely stitching and such a beautiful cat. I love The Big Bang Theory, have all their seasons on DVD. Such a great show.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home