Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Lots of leaves, and a little stitching

Seems like I'm spending more time dealing with leaves and fall yard clean up than I'd really like to, can't believe all the leaves that have suddenly decided to drop.  I try to mow/mulch them up as much as I can, but seems they've came down way to heavy and fast to keep up with lately.  Last week there were 13 of the lawn leaf bags that I had set out for pick up, and this week looks like there will be that many again.  I just don't know where they all come from, it didn't look like there were that many on the trees around me to fall off and need clean up.

On the plus side, it looks like it "might" be nice for Halloween.  So many of our Halloweens are nasty, cold, rainy, and/or snowy even, that the few rare ones we get that are nice are quite the surprise.  So much more fun to see the little ones all dressed up, and not have the costumes all covered up with winter wear, more fun for them, their parents, and for everyone else.  Recently I was up by Frankenmuth and stopped into Bronner's, I love seeing all the fun Christmas and other decorations they have.  Was just looking around, and this little beauty jumped into my hands and came home with me
I love Jim Shores work, and this little "nice" witch with her bird and cat I thought was so cute.  A nice addition to other three pieces I have of his (a small black Halloween Cat, a larger marmalade Halloween Cat, and Disney's Stitch).  Since I had a 20% off coupon I could use for her, just couldn't pass it up.

There has been a bit more stitching on my SAL with Kim, getting close to a finish on this.  This really has been a fun stitch.
We haven't decided what our next SAL will be, kind of a mystery one I think.  We are both going to pick several designs that we already have that are really calling to us, and then compare them.  We tend to have very similar tastes, so we may find we've both picked a same pattern, or it may be a them, such as Christmas, or Halloween, or a Designer that we overlap on (we both love Just Nan, Lizzie Kate, and Blue Ribbon designs and have lots of their patterns).  Will be interesting to see where the overlap occurs and what our next SAL is.  We are timing it for a late Nov. start, as that will give us both time to finish our current LK piece, sort through our stash and get our list of items we want to submit for the SAL, and give Kim time (hopefully) to finish her move to NC.    I'm sure going to miss having her so close.

Well I'm off to rake some more leaves since it is soooo nice out today, and will be visiting blogs later to see what all you're up to.  Hope you're having delightful weather too.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:40 PM , Blogger Robin said...

    Your LK WIP is lovely. It will be interesting to see the SAL piece you select.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

     
  • At 4:36 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Wonderful progress. Looks like your almost done.

    Linda

     
  • At 5:44 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    I love your new little witch. I think I am probably "weird" like you. I love the bats I pictured on my blog. I find them fascinating.

    We didn't get out to see them this week though. It was so nice ....it was a beach day for sure.

     
  • At 6:42 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    I like your SAL - What is the design/designer?

    I know what you mean about Halloween usually being cold and rainy. It's like that here, too.

     
  • At 10:56 AM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    Your SAL with Kim is lovely.

     
  • At 9:40 AM , Blogger Julie said...

    Nice SAL you and Kim are doing and a lovely witchy.

     
  • At 4:32 PM , Blogger Mary Ann said...

    Very nice progress on your SAL piece, and I love your new little nice witch!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home