Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Lots of changes

Wow it's been awhile since my last post, and lots of changes have been going on.  I've been able to enjoy my daughter's company not just in March when she came home from Russia for a friends wedding, but more recently for a couple of weeks end of June to mid July as she and her husband have moved back to the States permanently. Yup, they are no longer with Cirque traveling all over the world, they've settled down back in the US.  Not as close as I'd wished, about 13 hrs away, but much better than their being in Japan, Germany, Russia, Spain, etc.... where just talking to them given work schedules, time changes, and phone/Internet connections could be a challenge. We had a lovely visit while she sorted through all the various things she's been storing all that time to decide what to take to their new apartment.  Jeff came home a couple weeks before she did as he needed to start his new job, so he'd already done all his sorting at his parents house where a lot more of their stuff was stored.  Amber had stayed a bit longer finishing out the show run in Austria that they were on as she didn't have a new job yet she had to be back for.  They're having fun setting up their first permanent home and being able to actually display some of the many souvenirs they've collected over the years.  My daughter is a huge reader and book lover, so is ecstatic to be able to have a real book collection with her now (before due to space/weight/etc.. limitations due to all the travel and not having a set home, living in hotels, she could have some but most of her reading had to be done on her Kindle).

So, while I haven't been doing a lot of stitching, I do have some finishes and new starts.  First with the finishes.
Home is where the WiFi connects was one I did for Jeff's and Amber's new place.  With all the traveling they did they were always having to reset and find new Internet connections.  Jeff had seen this saying somewhere and asked if I'd chart if for them, as once they had a permanent home this would be soooooo appropriate after being on the road for so many years, first with Ringling Brothers then Cirque Du Soleil.

Jeff picked out the fabric, feeling the blues and whites gave it a feeling of sky and clouds, kind of appropriate for an Internet saying.  The fabric was 28 ct. Hand Dyed Jobelan in Summer Sky with the wording and borders in DMC. The below is it all framed and hanging over his computer corner.  I was especially thrilled with this one, as it is soooo hard to find a stitched piece for a guy I think, and this was just so perfect, and it is the first design I've ever charted and then stitched totally myself (I've always used other designers patterns in the past before)


My next finish is by Hinzeit and is Boo from their Charmed Choice series, it was done on 28 ct Antique White Monaco with regular DMC.  You had to know there'd be a Halloween finish in there somewhere :)



As for new starts I'm working on Joy, which is the companion to Boo.  This one is almost done, just have a bit of back stitching left.  Like Boo, it's done on 28 ct Antique White Monaco with DMC.



My other new start is Promise Me by Lizzie Kate, one I'm doing as a SAL with my DSIL Kim.  This is on 32 ct Chantilly Creme by Lakeside Linens and will be using a combination DMC and overdyed flosses.


Here's what it will look like finished (with some slight color changes)



Other than that, I've finished another crochet cat mat in a lovely shade of yellow for the local animal shelter, and stated a little Pine Mountain Tuck Pillow (Naughty, from the Christmas Naughty/Nice pillow twin pack), but as only have a couple stitches into Naughty won't post a picture at this point, but here's what it will look like finished, love the little mouse.



We'll off to catch up on what you've all been up to.  Hope you're having a lovely summer.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:59 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Your finishes are great! That wifi one is awesome-I love that. And so true! I had no idea your daughter was with Cirque. That's a fascinating career I'm sure, but grueling too. We've seen two Cirque shows and I was amazed at both of them!

     
  • At 6:35 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    In answer to your "bat" question --- the bats were at Disney's Animal Kingdom. They are South American Fruit Bats (Flying Foxes).

    I love them too.

    I'll be back to your blog later tonight to do a bit of "catch up".

     
  • At 7:56 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    I love how you got the WIFI symbol on there. Too cute!

    Glad your daughter and her husband are back in the states. With all that is going on overseas, it's nice to have them on home turf.

    Are they still with Cirque? We have Le Nouba here in Orlando. But, I haven't been to see it yet.

     
  • At 9:02 PM , Blogger Hazel said...

    Nice to see you posting. Good news about your daughter. Lots of lovely things you've stitched to show. X

     
  • At 9:49 AM , Blogger Julie said...

    A fabulous and perfect finish for a new home, such lovely fabric mat and frame for it. Well done.

     
  • At 6:26 PM , Blogger Brenda A said...

    Everything is so great!!!

     
  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Love your finishes and your progress on the L*K piece.

     
  • At 11:04 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    How exciting to have your family back home!!! And I LOVE your wifi project. Great job on charting it and stitching it. Yes that fabric gives it that feeling of being in the Cloud!!! LOL

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home