Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, February 09, 2014

He's Done!!

He's done, he's done, Hobb's is finally finished.  I love how he turned out and can't wait to get him framed. He took just over a year to complete, but given what a solid stitch he was, and all the confetti, I'm still a little surprised that I actually finished him let alone in that time frame.  The confetti allows for so much detail, but boy can it be a pain at times. So, here he is in all his glory

Literate Dragon by HAED, art by Randal Spangler.

 He's on 28 ct. Antique White Monaco, 2 over 2, which made him a bit bigger than originally charted for (which was 1 over 1 on 25 ct) but easier for me to see, and I could use the loop method to start, which helped to reduce some of the bulk in the back.  With as much confetti as there was, so lots of starting and stopping, every little bit helped.  With all full stitches and no back stitching (which I really dislike) he really was an easy stitch, just time consuming.  I'll definitely do another HAED (Heaven and Earth Designs), as their charting was great and easy to follow too, just need to decide exactly which one, I've got several I'm trying to decide between.  While I know people that actually do have several of the HAED's as WIP's going at the same time, given how time intense they are I think I want to stick to just one at a time, with a couple other smaller projects also to balance things out.  Much easier for me to handle and I may actually get another HAED finish that way.

Not much else going on, we got some more snow again, so need to go out and clear that away.  It's piling up so high hard to get the blower to get the snow up and out of the area I'm working on clearing anymore.  Corners when driving are getting tricky to see around too given all the snow that's piled up.  I'm so ready for winter to be over.

We'll I'm off to see what you've all been up to, and maybe later to stitch a bit on Oh Bats, as that one's really close to being finished also.  Hope you're all having a wonderful, and warm, weekend.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Hobbs turned out great! Do you know what kind of frame you will get for him?

    I've seen the term HAED on several blogs? I'm sure it's a designer's name, but for the life of me can't figure it out. LOL

    As for the square needles --- I do like them after a little adjustment time. I think next time I would definitely buy the metal ones. I'm still afraid I'm going to snap one of these thin wooden ones, but so far, I haven't.

     
  • At 5:25 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Congrats on your finish!

     
  • At 5:32 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    P.S. I updated my blog with the floss info you asked about.

     
  • At 5:32 AM , Blogger Julie said...

    Huge congrats on such a super finish, its magnificent.

     
  • At 11:16 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Congratulations on a fantastic finish!

     
  • At 7:09 PM , Blogger Crazee4books said...

    Wow Sue!! Congrats on finishing Hobbs!
    He looks amazing!!! Love all those
    fabulous colours and the incredible
    detail. I can't believe that you got him
    stitched so quickly even if there weren't
    any partial stitches or back stitching to
    do. He's a handsome addition to you
    finishes .... and um ... would look great
    hanging in my library. Just saying.

    Snow, snow, snow. We're as ready for
    the big thaw as you but worry about the
    resulting slush, puddles and mud that
    are sure to follow.

    Cheers!!!

     
  • At 7:20 PM , Blogger Anna van Schurman said...

    Great job! I'm always impressed by the HAED stitchers. Such detailed work.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home