Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone, hope it will be a good year for you all.  As usual time got away from me and it's been a while since my last post.  During that time my daughter and her husband came to visit for a week, it went by way to quick.  They flew home from Moscow, which is where the Kooza group of Cirque Du Soleil that they work for was having their shows.  The weather wasn't the greatest some of the days, but we did get to go to the Renaissance Festival one day and had a lot of fun (even if it was kind of rainy drizzle all day).  A lot of their time was taken up with the wedding of one of Amber's best friends, which is why they came home, but still got to see them.  Really hard to see them go back.  They are in Paris now, which they seem to be really enjoying.  Working for Cirque they really are seeing the world.

As to where some more of my time went, I adopted this little cutie from the local animal shelter the end of Sept..  The first picture is on adoption day, at 2 months old, and the next two are Mouse today, she's gotten a lot bigger and is into everything.


 My poor older cat Isis (whose 9) still isn't thrilled, but I do find them taking naps on my bed together at times (just at opposite ends) and I'm hoping as Mouse gets a bit older and calms down a bit more she'll be good company for Isis when I'm at work and such.  At the moment, however, her favorite game seems to be chase and pounce, which Isis is kind of vocal about not enjoying needless to say.

I did have a finish, Good Morning is all done, just needs to be finished up with a frame.  This is a Threads Through Time design on 40 ct. silk gauze.
I got a bit more time in on Oh Bats as well, and he's close to a finish.  He'll be done and framed well in time for this year's Halloween even if he didn't make it for last year.  Wish I could get the fabric he's on to show better, it's a beautiful purple/blue shaded hand dyed sparkly fabric, fun to just look at.
And finally here's where I'm at with my HAED Literate Dragon piece.  While he didn't get finished in 2013 as I'd hoped, I got a lot done and I'm happy with him.  This was my first Heaven and Earth Design, and I love it.  All full cross stitches, no partials or back stitch, easy direction and pattern to follow, and the detail is wonderful.  I'll definitely be doing another of their designs in the future.
Well that's all I have for the moment.  Hope you all had a fun and safe New Year's Eve and wishing you the best for the coming year.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:56 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Mouse is adorable! Congrats on the new family member.

    In answer to your question on my blog ....the first project for orts will be Patty Polk's Sampler. I started it a few weeks ago, but was waylaid by eye problems.

    Eyes are better now. It's BACK to stitching.

    Happy New Year ...happy you are blogging again.

     
  • At 7:05 AM , Blogger Meari said...

    Your newest family member is adorable.

    Congrats on your finish, and Dragon is coming along great.

    Happy New Year! I hope 2014 is good to you.

     
  • At 11:07 AM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    Ooh your new kitty is adorable!!! Looks like my Hunter!

    Congrats on your finish and your projects are looking great!

     
  • At 12:11 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    An adorable new friend, nice stitching too. Happy New Year!

     
  • At 4:37 PM , Blogger Margaret said...

    Literary Dragon is too cool for words.

    What a sweet kitty Mouse is and oh my how he has grown since the first picture.

    I was wonderful to hear that your daughter and her DH have been home to visit. Our children both live in Europe so I know how you feel having them so far away.

    Happy & Healthy 2014

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home