Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, September 14, 2013

No finishes but progress

Having three projects, one that is confetti heavy and therefore very time intensive, I've come to the conclusion really slows down actually having a finish.  Oh well, I've made headway on all three of my projects, and I love how my dragon is coming along.  So here's where they each stand.

Good Morning, my silk gauze piece, is down to just filling in so no more counting, however, unless it is a weekend and the light is good this little guy doesn't see a lot of time.  It will look great when finished, and I found the perfect little frame for it, but the tiny stitching means it doesn't get much time if my eyes are tired and it's the end of the day.  Finished size for this will be about 2 inches by 1 1/2 inches, so he's really tiny. Forgot to put the dime in the picture again for perspective, got to remember that for the next time.

 My project Bats made a bit of headway too, although not to much.  He'll be cute when done, but so far my main interest continues to be Literate Dragon.
Here's the one I'm loving to work on still, even though he's so confetti heavy.  Watching the different things pop like the books and the wood siding of the chair is such fun.  Also, since he's a board SAL I'm really hoping to finish by the end date that everyone else is targeting. It's so much easier to work on a large piece when a number of people are also working on it, helps to keep you motivated.
 
In other upcoming news I'm getting really excited as my daughter and her husband will be coming home shortly to visit.  Currently the Cirque group they tour with (Kooza) is in Russia, and it seems like forever since I've seen them.  So far this year they've been in England, Spain, and Belgium, and after Russia they'll be in Paris and then I think Germany.  They get to see so much of the world traveling with Cirque, but it also means I don't get to see much of them.  One of her friends is getting married the end of this month, so they are coming home for the wedding.  I'll get to see them for about a week before they are off again.  We'll I'm off to see what all you've been up to, hope you've been having a lovely summer so far, still can't believe it's fall now, time sure does fly.


14 Comments:

  • At 6:21 PM , Blogger Karen said...

    WOW! Your dragon is really coming along! :)

     
  • At 9:56 PM , Blogger Margaret said...

    Amazing stitching. Good morning is so sweet. I can well imagine that the stitches are often too small to see. Your bat is too cute. Love all the wonderful details on your dragon. What a great piece.

     
  • At 10:05 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    I think the bat may be my favorite one, but the dragon certainly is the hardest one and is looking GREAT!

    Have fun with your daughter's visit. Hope you have a lot of time to just chat. It's wonderful how much of the world she is getting to see.

     
  • At 4:40 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Gorgeous stitching. Your dragon is coming along so well.

    Have a great time seeing your daughter.

     
  • At 1:10 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Nice progress!

     
  • At 6:50 AM , Blogger Mary Ann said...

    Wonderful stitching progress! I know you will have an enjoyable visit with your daughter and son-in-law.

     
  • At 4:03 PM , Blogger Scattered Threads said...

    Nice progress. I like the good morning piece and your dragon piece is really taking shape.
    Enjoy your visit with your daughter and family.
    Take care.
    Jackie

     
  • At 7:19 AM , Blogger Julie said...

    All growing wonderfully

     
  • At 10:10 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Lovely progress on your projects. I love that dragon ;-)

     
  • At 6:08 AM , Blogger Felicity said...

    Wow is the word! Beautiful stitching. I love Randal Spangler.

     
  • At 3:51 AM , Blogger Lillie said...

    Beautiful progress, love how the dragon is looking now.

     
  • At 7:21 AM , Blogger Jan Gartlan said...

    Lovely projects. Such vibrant colours

     
  • At 7:51 PM , Blogger Crazee4books said...

    Hey Sue,

    Long time no see ... well, you know what I mean!

    So you got to enjoy the Ice Storm of Doom too eh? And you lost your power over Christmas? How
    awful!! What did you do for Christmas day?

    Your new little kitty Mouse is adorable!! I love black cats too! Hope that Isis comes around and they really do become best buds. Keep the pictures coming!

    Your HAED is beautiful. What a wonderful dragon ... and he's reading books!! Looks like he's sitting in my basement library.

    Your daughter and her husband are so lucky getting to travel to so many wonderful places.
    Not many people ever have the opportunity to do it. But it must be hard for you having her so far away!

    Cheers!!!

     
  • At 7:51 PM , Blogger Crazee4books said...

    Hey Sue,

    Long time no see ... well, you know what I mean!

    So you got to enjoy the Ice Storm of Doom too eh? And you lost your power over Christmas? How
    awful!! What did you do for Christmas day?

    Your new little kitty Mouse is adorable!! I love black cats too! Hope that Isis comes around and they really do become best buds. Keep the pictures coming!

    Your HAED is beautiful. What a wonderful dragon ... and he's reading books!! Looks like he's sitting in my basement library.

    Your daughter and her husband are so lucky getting to travel to so many wonderful places.
    Not many people ever have the opportunity to do it. But it must be hard for you having her so far away!

    Cheers!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home