Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, April 21, 2013

New SAL and Dragon progress

I've continued to work on my Dragon, and am really pleased with my progress.  There are a number of people on the HAED bulletin board that are much quicker than I am, but I'm so much further ahead on this than I had thought I would be.  While it is confetti heavy, the detail is so worth it.  Most people are stitching it over one on various counts, but I wanted something for my first HAED that wouldn't require quite as much focus for me as working over one would take, so am doing this over 2 on 28 count, as are some other first time HAED stitchers, which makes it quite easy for me to see.  For a full size HAED this would probably make the finished piece larger than I may have wanted, but since this is a smaller piece even with my doing it over two it will still be manageable.  Here's where my little dragon is now, I'm about half way done with the second page of the SAL.

In addition, I started the 40 ct. silk gauze piece that I'm doing with my DSIL as a SAL.  While we are doing two different designs, they are both on the 40 ct. silk gauze and are similar in size.  For my piece I chose Good Morning by Threads Through Time.  This will be a present for someone who loves chickens. I put the dime in for size perspective.

While there isn't quite as much progress on this as I'd like, with it being a tiny count it can only really be worked on during the weekend when I can work on it during the day and in good light, so it may take a while to get done.  However, since is done doing the tent stitch (or continental stitch, I never can remember the difference), it does move along fairly quickly when I can give it some time. This is what it will look like when it's done.

On the weather front it is still cold and damp.  It was nice to see some sun today, still not warm, but better than the snow flurries that we've had for the past two days.  Come on, it's mid-April already, spring should be here, not 35 degree weather and snow.  I feel sorry for the poor confused birds that have started coming back, they don't look particularly happy with it either.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:46 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Your projects look great.

    We've had some crazy weather here too. We are either freezing or frying and sometimes it's BOTH in the same day.

     
  • At 2:35 AM , Blogger Lesleyanne said...

    Your Drgaon is gorgeous. I have got a bit distracted by another HAED and am not even half way down the first page yet!

     
  • At 10:23 AM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    I've done a silk gauze piece before, its quite lovely.

    Great progress on your HEAD!

     
  • At 12:43 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    I agree, that confetti can be a pain, but the payoff is fabulous!

    Ok and that 40ct silk is blinding! How do you do it?!?

     
  • At 1:19 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Your dragon looks amazing! Great projects!

     
  • At 4:15 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    Cute dragon, he's lovely.

     
  • At 9:12 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Your dragon is really coming along... cute!

     
  • At 9:19 AM , Blogger Scattered Threads said...

    Your HAED project and your SAL look great.
    Jackie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home