Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, April 06, 2013

Keeping busy

It's been awhile since I've posted, lots has been going on.  I've been keeping busy working on Literate Dragon for my SAL on the Heaven and Earth Designs Bulletin Board, and I've made some lovely progress.  I'm really enjoying this stitch, even the confetti
In addition to working on my Dragon, I wanted a quick fun finish so picked my Bugs and Hisses piece back up and got that one completely done.  Pine Mountain ones are so easy to finish with the adorable tuck pillows that come with them.

The flowers were some my daughter had, and I love how the colors worked so this piece is just hanging out in the vase with them :)

Finally, I pulled out a kit I've had for ages and never gotten around to stitching, Goblins by Shepherds Bush.  It was a kit and came with a wonderful mat.  I don't have it framed yet to show off the matting, but here is my completed stitching part.
I changed the lettering a bit from the original pattern, as I had a very hard time reading it.  Some of the lettering is still a bit difficult I think, but didn't want to change to much of it as thought I'd lose the feel if I did.  I love the soft colors in this little guy.

On a sad note, my oldest cat Bug, the big black and white one I've posted pictures of before passed away just two weeks ago.  I've not felt like doing to much, and his passing has left a big hole in the house.  It feels so empty, just me, Isis (my 8 yr old all black kitty) and the two gecko's now.  I can't believe the house has gone from the 2 dogs and 4 cats from just a couple years ago.  Guess that's what happens when you get so many animals so close together, they all start getting old at the same time too.  Bug was 18 though, and for a large, overweight male cat, that's doing pretty good.  Isis doesn't seem to know quite what to do with herself now that her snuggle buddy is gone.  She'll need lots of cuddles and playtime while she adjusts to the emptier house as well.

Hope you all had a lovely Easter, I know I did.  Visited my brother and his family for the day, and my DSIL and I are planning our next SAL, a piece on 40 ct. silk gauze :)

10 Comments:

  • At 11:53 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    So sorry to hear about Bug. It's so hard to lose a dear furkid.

    Love your SB piece. They make the best kits. :-)

     
  • At 9:22 AM , Blogger Karen said...

    All of your stitching looks fantastic! I've always wanted to try a HAED, but am very nervous about it... all of the over one stitching and frequent colour changes.

    I'm very sorry to hear that you've lost a dear pet. Those furry friends are so dear to us and when they go, it is very hard on us as well as their pet brothers and sisters.

     
  • At 12:46 PM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    I'm so sorry to hear about Bug loosing a dear pet is very hard!!!

    Your head is looking great and you have such fun colours to work with there!!!

    Congrats on your two finishes as well, they're great!

     
  • At 3:39 PM , Blogger Mary Ann said...

    Love your finishes and wonderful progress on the dragon! I am so sorry to hear about Bug.(((hugs)))

     
  • At 7:36 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Your stitching looks great!

    Sorry to hear about your loss.

     
  • At 10:20 PM , Blogger Lillie said...

    So sorry to read about Bug.

    WIP on the Dragon is looking good. You finished the pillow beautifully and that is a cute one.

     
  • At 10:31 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    sorry to hear abt Bug. I totally understand. Same thing happened here a couple years ago and the same thing is gonna happen again since all my cats are close in age again..... Great to see some stitching. The dragon has great colors in it!!

     
  • At 2:59 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    All your WIP look fabulous! I love your dragon!!
    I'm so sorry to hear about Bug. Our furbabies are such a huge part of our lives and it can be difficult when they're suddenly gone. It's good that you still have Isis for company.

     
  • At 4:33 PM , Blogger Lesleyanne said...

    Sending my condolences on the loss of Bug. Great progress on your Literate Dragon and your other projects.

     
  • At 3:33 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    Thank you for stopping by my blog an leaving me a comment, its always nice to have new visitors.

    I'm sad to read you have lost a much loved pet, they do leave footprints on our hearts and I hope the happy memories soon heal your sadness.

    The SB design is beautiful.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home