Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, hope it's starting out well for everyone so far. I had a lovely evening with friends,dinner out (Chinese, very yummy) and then playing games (Farkel and Kings on the Corner).  However, was still home before midnight (just don't stay up that late any longer). Which actually worked out very well as I was able to catch up with my daughter and wish her Happy New Year.  Some of you may remember Amber works for the circus.  Originally she was with Ringling Brothers, but then she moved to Cirque du Soleil, she's with their Kooza touring group.   Last year she rang in the New year with them in Japan, this year they are in London getting ready to do the show in the Royal Albert Hall.  Hopefully their European tour (her husband works in the Kooza group too) is a little less stressful than the Japan tour was.  They were over in Japan,Tokyo, when the earthquake and tsunami hit so very stressful for a while there. They got married this past May, so this is the first New Year's as a married couple, what a way to kick off a year, fireworks over Big Ben :)

I did manage to sneak in one more project for 2012, a little Pine Mountain Tuck Pillow (surprise, I'm back to Halloween, LOL).  These are such fun as the finishing is sooooo easy. 
I haven't started the Literate Dragon yet, so nothing to show.  This is a year long SAL sponsored by the  Heaven and Earth Bulletin Board, with the pages coming out over the year.  The first page is to come Jan. 4th, so next weekend I'll put in my first stitches.  I have the fabric and flosses, so all set to start.  Lynn, as to if there is a blog to follow or just on the board, I'm not aware of a blog set up for everyone working on it, although it may show up on individual peoples posts.  There will be a ton of pictures on the board, which is a great source of information for a lot of things if you haven't joined it.  Thanks for the encouragement Dani, I'm hoping I have a plan in place to approach it, and being just full stitches should help, just the confetti stitching and the sure size of it since it is all solid stitching seems a bit intimidating.  However, as with a lot of things anticipation is probably the worst, once I start it should be ok.  Picture updates soon :)

4 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM , Blogger barbara said...

    Your pillow is adorable!! I love Halloween. :)

    Best wishes for the New Year!

     
  • At 9:06 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Happy new year, Sue! It's funny. I was just wondering if your daughter was still with the circus and then you wrote about that very thing! I hope she is having a wonderful time.

    Congrats on gaining a son-in-law!

     
  • At 10:32 AM , Blogger Mary Ann said...

    Happy New Year! Such a cute finish!!

     
  • At 6:52 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Congrats on your daughter's marriage!
    Love your Halloween tuck pillow.
    Good luck with your SAL. I look forward to seeing your progress.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home