Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dragons and Frogs :)

Got started on my new SAL project with the Heaven and Earth Designs Board. Litereate Dragon is turning out to be such fun to stitch I have a hard time putting it down. Here's where he is after about 3 weeks of work (started on the 4th). You can just see where the chair and dragon are starting to appear.
I don't know why I never tried one of these before, they are actually easier (although not smaller, LOL) than several that I've done. There are no fractional stitches, no blended threads, and no backstitching, that alone makes things simpler. The charts are laid our clearly and while there is a fair amount of confetti stitching (needed to get the detail) it hasn't been overwhelming. I am looking forward to starting the chair and dragon though as that area will have more sections of solid stitching. This is also the first design I've worked from where the pattern is downloaded. I was leary of that at first as well, but now seem to have it figured out and quite like it. The pages can be blown up so the print is larger if I want when I print it out. I'm eyeing a couple others now that I'd like to get, but figure I'll be good for a while and make sure I continue to enjoy this as much as I am now. It is such fun to see the details start to pop out. If you look to close, all you see it colors, but when you back up it turns into images, pretty neat :)

As a balance so have somethinq quick to pick up if want a smaller item I've stated another Pine Mountain Tuck Pillow called Bugs and Hisses (I do seem to be into a green citter mode don't I, LOL). It could be Halloween, but doesn't have to be. You can see the little frog's tummy and body starting to show.
Hope you're all staying warm, we've a cold front moving in and our previous high temps of 35 or so are going to be just a memory according to the forecast. Oh well, it is getting a ways into January and we've been quite lucky with winter weather so far so really can't complain.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:48 PM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    Your head is coming along wonderfully there is a lot of detail to keep a stitcher interested.

     
  • At 8:37 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Dragons are my favorite!!!

    Can't wait to see the whole thing done. The colors sure do keep it interesting to stitch.

     
  • At 9:24 PM , Blogger Mary Ann said...

    I really like your Literate Dragon start--amazing detail!! And great start on Bugs and Hisses. It looks like it is going to be cute!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home