Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Two Easter finishes :)

It's been a while since my last post, but at least I have something to show for it :)

I've managed to finish Peep by LizzieKate, the fabric is really a lovely shade of pale mint green, and the bands are straight, not sure why the picture has the top band kind of cockeyed and fabric darker green in color, one of these days I may figure out how to take decent pictures.

My second piece that I both started and finished is another Easter project.  Not sure what it is with chicks and bunnies, normally they aren't what I stitch but both just called to me for some reason.  I'm not sure what the name of this piece is, it was a class project by Mosey and Me a number of years ago that I picked up even though had to miss the class and then just sort of tucked it away.  Finally it called to me enough to not only pull it out but to figure out the various specialty stitches that are in it.  It's done on a lovely light green, which actually shows halfway decent here (and since I took both pictures at the same time no idea why one is fairly true to color and the other is off).
Peep will get tucked into a little yellow tuck hanger which is already pre made, and when I get ambitious the bunny will get made into a bell pull.  Both were fun stitches, now to figure out what to work on next.  While I have larger projects, it's fun to have smaller ones for on the go or when you don't want to concentrate to hard.  Hmmm, sounds like a reason to go stash diving :)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:28 PM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    Congrats on your two finishes they are cute!

     
  • At 9:15 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Very cute! Love the little bunny.

    As for going into a knit store and finding nothing? Well, it's apparent that I have finally reached the end of the sock yarn stock. I think I own one of everything. LOL

     
  • At 3:07 PM , Blogger Scattered Threads said...

    Very nice easter pieces and love the fabby colors you used too.
    TFS.
    Jackie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home