Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Framed mice and Flower Dragons

Got to pick up Mice today, and I love how it turned out. Every time I look at it I still do a little happy dance, can't believe it's finally done. So, here it is in all its finished and framed glory.

I have it hanging up, and it probably will be for a while. No matter it's past Halloween, I'm enjoying it, and my house is done in such a mix of everything, no real one style, that it doesn't look all that out of the ordinary, LOL. Maybe I'll put a red bow on the top closer to Christmas.

While I've done a bit more work on Peep, not really enough done to post. Still having fun with it and enjoying how fast it is moving and that it's not on Black :)

I have dug out my next piece I want to focus on, another pitiful long standing WIP (although not near as old as Mice was). This was actually started back in 2007, worked on for a bit and then pretty much has sat untouched, poor little guys. However, just like Mice did it is calling to me after a long dry spell. Maybe I just needed an extended period away from larger pieces to make them fun again. Here's what Dragons will look like done

and here's what it looks like now after sitting ignored all this time.

Hope you're all having a good weekend. We've finally gotten a bit of sun today, so nice after all the gloomy days lately.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger barbara said...

    No sun here, but a nice weekend nonetheless. Great finish!! And that new start looks wonderful. :)

     
  • At 2:33 PM , Blogger blue star stitcher said...

    Trick or Treat mice turned out beautiful!

     
  • At 10:02 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Oh, that turned out just adorable-quick framing! The last thing I took (the BBD design) took 6 weeks!

     
  • At 3:26 PM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    Its adorable framed!

     
  • At 8:40 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    The Halloween mice look awesome framed! You must be thrilled.

     
  • At 1:24 PM , Blogger Mary Ann said...

    I love the Halloween mice--so cute, and what you are stitching now looks like a wonderful stitch!

     
  • At 5:55 AM , Blogger Scattered Threads said...

    Love the framed piece. It turned out gorgeous. I say put the red bow on it. LOL.
    I display my fall pieces year round, even at Christmas time too and absolutely enjoy looking at them..So go for the bow:)
    I too seem to be mulling over some of my UFO's too:)
    Your piece will be a beauty when it is done.
    TFS and thanks for stopping by.

    Jackie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home