Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Two finishes and a new Stitch :)

Wow has it been a long time, for various reasons either wasn't stitching, posting, or a combination of the two. I'll have to go back and look at what I've done since the last post and try and at least catch up on what I have managed to finish. A lot has changed since I was last here, the biggest of which is my daughter got married. Her husband also works for Cirque, so at least they can travel together. They were touring over in Japan when the earthquake hit and I thought I'd go crazy worrying about them until things settled down. They are back in the US now for a short time, and then will be taking off to tour with the group around England, Spain, and other countries in that area. Also, my household is a bit smaller now, just 2 cats Bug and Isis and the two geckos as both Jazmine and D'artagnon crossed  the rainbow bridge since my last posting.  House sure feels empty at times, and I know Bug still misses Jaz as they especially were such good buddies, but a least he has Isis so has some furbody company.  However, the energy level difference between a 17 yr old cat and one who's just 7 is a bit much at times.

I've done a number of crochet cat mats for the local animal shelter, but since they tend to all look very similar I won't post them all here. On the stitching front I do have two recent finishes.

The first is Normal is just a Setting on the Washer by Lizzie Kate, which was completed just last night (while watching one of the Harry Potter movies, those and the Lord of the Rings series are wonderful to stitch to). 
My other finish is Witch Craft by Hinzeit
The last little item I'd like to share is my new Stitch, I know he's not stitching, but he's just so darn cute. I had the larger Halloween cat earlier, but got the smaller black cat when I got Stitch this weekend.
I've been doing a bit of stitching stash too, and just got three wonderful Heaven and Earth Designs, a story keep, History of Chocolate, and two mini's, Pumpkin Cat Magic and Curl up with a Good Book. just can't decide which I may start first. Been so long I can't remember how to post a link to a site to show them, I'll try and figure that out for my next post.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM , Blogger blue star stitcher said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 3:54 PM , Blogger blue star stitcher said...

    Very cute Lizzie Kate. I love stitching while watching Harry Potter too!

     
  • At 8:31 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Welcome back! Nice to see your recent finishes too!
    I see you collect Jim Shore pieces too. I especially love the Halloween pieces. A friend gave me the marmalade cat with the witch hat last year when I retired.

     
  • At 12:50 PM , Blogger Lili Bear said...

    Sue, it's just so great to read your blog again! :)
    Sorry about Jaz :(, I have often thought of you and her, she was such a happy dog...
    But above all, congratulations and many wishes of happiness to your daughter! :)))
    Lots of hugs, dear friend.
    Lili Bear

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home