Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Look who I found :)

I finally found a cute little Gargoyle of my own. Dee has had one for quite some time that she uses to help model projects and I thought he was so cute that I've been in search of one. This little guy turned up at a flea market I was at and so I snatched him up. Haven't decided on a name yet, but I'm leaning towards Claude. What do you all think? Other name suggestions?

So, without further delay I've put him to work helping me show off my most recent finish (doesn't the look on his face make you think he's just feeling so put upon, LOL). Yup, another Pine Mountain pillow. When I get in a stitching slump these really help get me back on track, fun, quick, and the finishing is already done. I enjoyed doing July, and the one before Whoo Loves You,

Just started another one Upon on the Housetop and have gotten a little bit of stitching started on it, but as is only about 20 stitches of the white I'll wait and post that later.

It's been a busy week, I had two days off and did some fun sightseeing. The first day we went to Chelsea and toured the Jiffy factory seeing how they make and package their mixes (and got some goodies to take home). I went with my parents and we also went to a Teddy Bear Factory and saw them made and learned some of the history of Teddy Bears, also went shopping at all the fun shops in town, had a lovely lunch, and then finished the day with a play at the Purple Rose. We saw Boeing Boeing, cute play. It's based on an old movie with Tony Curtis and Jerry Lewis. I hadn't seen the movie before so I got it out of the library and watched it this week too. The second day was spent wandering around Frankenmuth, lots of good food and fun shopping again. Then today we had a family reunion at a local park. Finally squeezed in seeing the new movie Despicable Me this week too. Busy week, now I need to catch up on all the boring things like laundry and grocery shopping that have been put off before the next week starts.

17 Comments:

  • At 8:04 PM , Blogger Barbi said...

    Claude is ADORABLE!!!!! And it's the perfect name.

     
  • At 8:31 PM , Blogger Jules said...

    Very cute gargoyle and he makes a marvelous model!

     
  • At 9:34 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    Oh, I like Claude ;o) He's doing such a good job showing off your cute finish. LOL!

    I went to see Toy Story 3 and really enjoyed it. What did you think of Despicable Me?

    Btw, I got the bow to look that way because of pins. That's the secret ;o)

     
  • At 4:47 AM , Blogger Dee said...

    Claude is the PERFECT name for him. And, yes ... it does look like he's a bit perturbed at being asked to pose.

    But, I think all gargoyles act that way. You just have to remind them WHO IS BOSS!

    Very cute projects. I have to go look for that July 4th one at my LNS.

     
  • At 6:29 AM , Blogger Lesleyanne said...

    Claude is perfect. He looks so put out posing with your finishes which are gorgeous.

     
  • At 1:59 PM , Blogger Ranae said...

    Claude is becoming very popular, love him.
    July PM pillow turned out perfect.

     
  • At 8:52 PM , Blogger mainely stitching said...

    Oh I love gargoyles! It was an interest that my ex and I shared, but he got them when we split. I think Claude is a fabulous name for this one!

     
  • At 2:09 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Congrats on your finishes. Sounds like a great time siteseeing.

     
  • At 11:09 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Claude seems to fit him just fine!

     
  • At 12:04 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Cute finish! Those pillows are really great.
    Claude is perfect. I've been meaning to get one of those for my son's apartment. He's a big fan of gargoyles.

     
  • At 5:54 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Claude is so sweet! I love him!

    Your finish is lovely. I do like those Pine Mountain pillows as they are so quick and easy to do.

     
  • At 8:36 AM , Blogger Kathy A. said...

    Love that gargoyle. Sometimes these things just speak to you. Two years ago I picked up a dragon I just love and his name is Snap as in Snapdragon. Love Clause it suits him.

     
  • At 8:53 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    I really love that winter one! Probably because I'm SO hot and am looking forward to cooler weather!

     
  • At 9:26 PM , Blogger claudia said...

    Of course, I think Claude is the PERFECT name!!! He is adorable, and a fine model helper!
    Love your stitches...they are very cute!
    Sounds like you have had a great couple of days. Too bad all the chores have to be caught up with though...it'd be nice to bask in all the fun for a while!

     
  • At 5:17 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    That's a great gargoyle! Perfect for modeling indeed, the right size and attitude. Love it!
    I might try to fing one for myself.:D
    Take care!
    Lili

     
  • At 12:21 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Hi Sue! Where have you been? I hope you doing well. Miss you posting!

     
  • At 9:07 AM , Blogger Lizzy said...

    Wishing you a Joyous, Healthy, Happy and Blessed New Year, Sue... I hope you and yours are well and that you had a very stitchy, Merry Christmas...
    Blessings always in stitches...
    Lizzy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home