Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, July 04, 2010

Couple of finishes

Yup, I've actually got a couple to post, although two are crochet and only one stitching. First up is my completed Whoo Loves You. I really enjoyed doing this little Pine Mountain kit, the colors and design were such fun. This was a Father's day gift to my dad. It seems so hard to find stitched designs for a guy that don't come off as two feminine, and I thought this one worked great. The pillow design he can prop up pretty much anywhere too.

My two crochet finishes were both cat mats, 20x28, for the animal shelter. The once color way you're probably pretty used to by now. That yarn I found on sale seems to last forever. The one in the deep blues was a different yarn that I found, Serenity by Deborah Norville. It is a chunky weight and made for a lovely super squishy cat mat. While the other mats provide pretty colors and some cushion, this one being so thick I think will be great for an older cat who needs a bit more padding to lay on to be comfortable.

As to a new project, I haven't pulled one out yet to start after all. Instead I've spent a bit of time on Trick or Treat Mice. This poor project comes out periodically to be worked on (so far it is a ten year project). I don't know why it is taking so long, I really like it and think the design is just as cute as when I first started it. But somehow...... oh well, I'm sure you all have one of those projects that just doesn't seem to get time even though you still like it. I do need to find another small one to start though, as mice really isn't that easy to pick up and just work on in the spare minute.

For all my friends in the States, hope you're having a safe and enjoyable holiday. Tomorrow I'll be meeting up with my brother and his family for a visit, which means some stitching time with my DSIL too. :)

14 Comments:

  • At 8:36 PM , Blogger Margaret said...

    Great stitching projects Sue. I especially love the Halloween piece.

    How wonderful that you got to spend a whole month with with your daughter. These times are so special.

    Thanks for your vote of confidence on making my piece symmetrical. Amongst my local stitching friends the majority would have left it the way it was. No problem - as long as each of us is happy with what we do.

     
  • At 11:52 PM , Blogger Karen said...

    Your Halloween piece is adorable! Very kind of you to make cat mats for the animal shelter. Enjoy your visit with your family tomorrow. :)

     
  • At 5:50 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Your owl finish is really cute Sue! I'll bet your Dad loved it.
    Yes, I have a 10 yr project too! It's one of cats and is actually completed save for the back stitching. I know why I don't take this one out though. I hate BS!

     
  • At 9:25 AM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    What an adorable little finish!

    I'm sure those cat mats are well loved! Do they get to go with the cat if they are adopted?

    Great job working on that Halloween piece! I know you'd like to get that one wrapped up!

     
  • At 10:01 AM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    That is a cute finish! What a great one to give to your dad :o)

    Your mice are out again ;o) With the summer light you might find it a bit easier to stitch on them.

     
  • At 1:47 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Congrats on your finishes. :)

    I think the Halloween one is really cute. Just keep plugging away at it.

     
  • At 3:07 PM , Blogger Singular Stitches said...

    Nice finishes! The Trick or Treat Mice are adorable! Look forward to seeing your progress.

     
  • At 5:15 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    What a great gift for your dad. I bet he loved it.

    What did you think of the Serenity? I did a scarf using that yarn and it was really nice. And squishy. I agree, perfect for an older cat that could use the extra padding.

    How much more do you have on the mice? Could you get it done in 3 months?? In time for this halloween?

     
  • At 10:43 PM , Blogger Barb said...

    Nice finish. The Halloween piece is adorable. Nice cat mats. Being a cat lover, I think it's great you make the mats for them.

     
  • At 7:01 PM , Blogger Mylene said...

    Such a cute finish, Sue and the Halloween piece is coming along great!

     
  • At 11:21 PM , Blogger Paisley said...

    Congratulations on your finishes! The little pillow will make a sweet gift (even for a guy!), and I'm sure your shelter appreciates the cat mats! So kind of you!

     
  • At 8:08 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Love your finish Sue! It's so cute. Love the Halloween piece too.

     
  • At 8:28 AM , Blogger Babs said...

    They are cute, especially the pumpkin :D

     
  • At 12:49 AM , Blogger Michele said...

    The Pumpkin Mice are my favorite! XD I loved doing this one. You've got some great projects going.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home