Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Woof Top finish :)

Thankfully this weekend turned out to be pretty nice weather wise, even though they had originally forecasted rain off and on for most of it. Other than some rather heavy mist for a short period, it didn't rain but the overcast sky kept the temperature down. Nice for finally getting the yard mowed, errands ran, and for the picnic I went to today. Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend as well.

On the stitching front, I finally finished my Lizzie Kate Up On The Woof Top (sorry for the wrinkles, it hasn't been ironed yet obviously).
Other than the snow not showing up as much as I'd like, it shows up much less in real life than here, I'm really happy with how it turned out. I originally had a small white pompom for the hat, but then this fun larger red one caught my eye. I lucked out on the lights too. The small clay ones I had would have worked, but Kim had these fun sparkly ones that I think worked so much better. The only area I'm not totally happy with is the snow, the white kind of gets lost on the background so I may need to do something with that, either go over it again to make it puffier or add some glisten gloss to give it a bit more shimmer. I'll probably finish this off as a flatfold like my earlier Just Nan and am looking forward to being able to set it out at Christmas.

While not a lot of stitching has been occurring, I did get a nice start in on Whoo Loves You by Pine Mountain.
this is going fast, and I like the colors. The fabric isn't so nice to work on, but its a small piece so won't have to work with it very long. Then all I'll have to do is pop it in the tuck pillow and I'll have another finish (that's really finish finished). Got to love those tuck pillows.

Actually now I'll need to go stash diving, always such a hardship, LOL, to see what I want my next project to be. I don't have any fixed idea of what I'd like to start next, so I'll just dig around and see what calls to me the loudest and be surprised. :)

17 Comments:

  • At 9:14 PM , Blogger Kathy A. said...

    What a lovely little stitch. That dog is just soo cute.

     
  • At 9:34 PM , Blogger claudia said...

    Woof Top turned out so cute...I love the poochie.
    Who loves you is cute too. It'll make a nice little tuck pillow.
    I still haven't gotten myself up to stitching again, I just can't seem to sit still long anymore!

     
  • At 10:01 PM , Blogger Barbi said...

    Oh I just LOVE your Woof Top finish!!

     
  • At 10:31 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Up on the Wooftop is adorable. How about outlining the snow in a slightly darker color?

    I'm right there with you on the Pine Mountain fabrics. I changed out the fabric for a piece of my own Aida on Whoooo Loves You and on April Showers.

     
  • At 11:02 PM , Blogger Jules said...

    Love the Woof Top! Giving it shimmer may be a great idea.

    Nice to "hear" the weather up yonder was a bit nicer this weekend. I was freezing during my visit to MI last weekend; and my sister was even colder, lol! We had a great time though...

     
  • At 1:06 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Woof top is adorable!! I vote for glisten floss. It just needs the sparkle. I love the lights and the pompom and the glisten floss would just add to the festiveness of it all.

     
  • At 3:10 AM , Blogger Mylene said...

    Your Woof Top finish is just too cute!

     
  • At 7:21 AM , Blogger Vonna said...

    Your Woof Top is just too darn CUTE! Love it!

     
  • At 10:46 AM , Blogger Meari said...

    Congrats on your finish. I don't think the snow gets lost on the background. Actually, I think it stands out really nice. :) Great little embellishments you added.

     
  • At 5:17 PM , Blogger Sally said...

    Very cute finish and a lovely new start too :)

     
  • At 10:42 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Beautiful!
    Wanna bet the next project will be Halloween related? Lol!
    Hugs!
    Lili

     
  • At 12:31 PM , Blogger Kathy A. said...

    please send me an email at drewsgrands@hotmail.com
    We can discuss possible future retreats!

     
  • At 8:50 PM , Blogger Barb said...

    What a cute piece!

     
  • At 9:38 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Woof Top is adorable!! That little pom pom and those lights really add to it. A little bit of sparkle might help the snow stand out a bit. However depending on the fabric and trim you choose for this you might not have to do anything to the snow.
    Your tuck pillow looks like a fun stitch too.

     
  • At 1:44 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    It's an adorable finish! What did you find in your stash dive?

     
  • At 12:34 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    Adorable finish! I like the changes you made :o)

    Cute start. I agree, the fabric is a little hard to work with but the finishing is SO easy ;O)

     
  • At 4:07 PM , Blogger Felicity said...

    LOL. How cute the Woof top is!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home