Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lots going on

For being the middle of winter I sure have been busy lately. Normally winter seems to go slower than other months, especially mid-winter around February when I'm getting pretty tired of snow and cold, but lately time is flying by. The last couple of days have been fairly warm (around 38 but still much better than it was) and sunny, so they look pretty out and the snow from the last storm has started to melt pretty good. The streets and sidewalks are nice and clear again, much nicer for taking Jaz for a walk when we are not slip sliding around. I'm glad I was able to get out and about and enjoy it as I saw where they are predicting another storm to come through tonight and tomorrow, forecast is 2-8 inches, yuck!!!

On the accomplishment front I have my taxes done and ready to go. One of the schedules I have to file hasn't gotten the IRS final approval yet, so the actual filing is on hold till they give the ok on the one form, but at least it's done. My DD's are done now too, not to bad for mid February.

On the stitching front I haven't gotten to much accomplished. Here's where I was on my new SAL with Kim as of last weekend. I've gotten a bit more done since this, but I haven't got an updated picture and the difference isn't a whole lot. I'm doing this on 18 ct Light Fiddler's Cloth with a combination of DMC and WDW. I love the color Midnight that I'm using right now, but then it is a blue so that's kind of predictable. :)

Keeping up with the snow and doing taxes wasn't enough to fill up all my time so that I didn't get more stitching done, so what else have I been up to? Well to a lessor extent I'm still playing Zoo on Facebook which my DD got me hooked on, but my largest time commitment is my new job. Yup, all your good wishes and positive thoughts came through for me. I made it through the three interviews and I started work on the first of this month. So far I'm really liking it, the people are really nice and the work is interesting. I'm also extremely lucky on how close to me it is, only about a 10 min. drive, which is wonderful in the winter weather.

That's all for now, hopefully I'll have more stitching done for an up date on my next post.

15 Comments:

  • At 5:30 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Glad to hear all the good news. Congrats on the new job.

    We've been busy here too. Each week I say I'm going to slow down and take it easy, but it never happens. LOL

     
  • At 6:25 PM , Blogger Mylene said...

    Congrats on the new job.

     
  • At 7:33 PM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    Wooo hooo! Congrats on the job, that's fantastic. Isn't it nice being closer to home?

    Looking forward tos eeing more of the new SAL piece!

     
  • At 10:40 PM , Blogger claudia said...

    That is so wonderful that you got a new job! And a close one at that. I loved it when my job was only a mile away, now I still only have to drive twenty minutes.
    It's also good that you enjoy it...big plus!
    It's good to hear from you, I hope the weather people are wrong and you only get a light dusting of snow.

     
  • At 11:44 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    I'm so glad to hear that you got the new job! Being that close to home is a bonus. My commute (40 min) is really starting to tire me. I've been doing it now for 20 yrs.
    Which is another reason why I'm so glad our winter has been mild. I think you've had more snow lately than we have.

     
  • At 6:05 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Good to see yo posting and congratulations on the new job.

     
  • At 10:50 AM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    Nice work on the SAL. Don't worry about being slow. I've been making myself work on Palms and only picking the SAL up every few days. I've found I've been somewhat enamored with the Olympics so not much stitching is gettting done. Life is going fast - the job search isn't. Maybe that's a good thing.

     
  • At 9:11 PM , Blogger Crazee4books said...

    Hi Sue,

    Congratulations on the new job!
    Well done. I'm glad to hear
    that it's going well so far and
    that you're enjoying it. I am
    also jealous that it's a 10
    minute drive from home.

    We had a storm here on Monday
    which caused chaos and misery
    during the evening rush hour,
    and we're expecting snow for
    the next four days which might
    total over 11 cm when it's all
    done. Since we're way below
    the normal snowfall range for
    this year I suppose we can't
    complain, but will anyways.

    Good for you getting your taxes
    sorted and out of the way so
    early in the season. We're
    still waiting on some paper
    work before we can file ours
    but we usually get it done in
    March anyways so no worries yet.

    Hmmm... I wonder what your new
    project is?? Up on the Woof Top
    I think. It'll be a fun design
    to stitch I bet.

    Have you checked out the goodies
    from Nashville yet and found
    anything that tickles your fancy?

    Cheers!!

     
  • At 6:52 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Congrats on a job close to home!!! I've done the commute with and without snow and either way, it's lousy!!!

    and I hear you abt FB. I'm an Island Paradise/Cafe World addict myself.

     
  • At 3:42 PM , Blogger Redwitch said...

    Glad your new job is going well, and I hope the snow is gone now!

    (I'm catching up with blogland, apols!)

     
  • At 12:56 AM , Blogger Kathy A. said...

    Glad to hear you got that new job!!! congrats.

     
  • At 9:35 AM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    Oh Sue, that's WONDERFUL!!!! Congratulations on your new job! I knew you could do it :o) You must feel so much better.

    I think winter is getting to a lot of us but...it's 'almost' over. We'll get there, I promise :o)

     
  • At 10:22 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Oh I'm so so so delighted to read this!
    Sue, the news is making my day!
    Congratulations!
    Lots of hugs,
    Lili (always behind in blog reading...).

     
  • At 7:03 PM , Blogger Felicity said...

    Hi Sue,
    Congratulations, you won a consolation prize during my blog-anniversary giveaway. Can you email me your snail mail address, please? Detail about how are on my blog. Felicity

     
  • At 12:26 AM , Blogger Stitcher S said...

    I didn't realize that you too recently turned 50. I am so out of the loop!

    Congratulations on your new job. It's great not to drive far, isn't it?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home