Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Last post for 2009

This will be my last post for the year, I still can't believe another year has flown by. This week has been a busy one. I got to the fabric store and found some fun fabric I think will work for the backing on Be Scary for my flatfold.

It's a bit bigger and busier than I'd normally choose, but I liked the purple and thought the pattern was fun. Also, this way it will be fun to look at whether you see the front or the back. Since some of my end tables are set so if I were to put it there you could see the back as you enter the room, this will make it a bit more interesting. At least I hope, anyway. What do you all think? Look ok? Do you like it? Or, do you think I should try to find a bit smaller print?

Also, while I was at the store I found two other fun pieces of fabric. The hot cocoa and candy cane one will be fun for a Christmas piece, and the hearts will be perfect for a Valentine's one. Just what I need, more stash, LOL. However, they don't take up much room. In addition, I had a coupon for $10 of product, with no purchase necessary so, actually it was all free stash. Pretty good huh!

So what else is new? My DD will be home for a visit. She's flying in New Year's Day. I'm so excited. It's been quite a while since she's been home. In addition, hope you'll all keep your fingers crossed for me and send good wishes my way because I got a call for a job interview. My interview is for next Wednesday morning.

Hope you all have a fun and safe New Year's Eve, and I'll see you next year. :)

17 Comments:

  • At 12:23 PM , Blogger Mylene said...

    Have a Happy New Year and best wishes for 2010!

     
  • At 4:55 PM , Blogger claudia said...

    I have my fingers crossed for you on that interview Wednesday!
    I really like the purple fabric, it's fun. I think you made a good choice. The other two fabrics are going to look great with something one day. Stash, it's a girls best friend sometimes!!!
    Happy New Year! Have a wonderful visit with your daughter!

     
  • At 8:35 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    It's lovely! Great fabric too. Happy New Year!

     
  • At 1:45 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Fingers crossed!

    Hope you are hugging your daughter by now ---- enjoy the visit!

     
  • At 5:30 AM , Blogger Redwitch said...

    Love the Halloween fabric, I think it will be perfect for the design :)

    Wishing you good luck for the job interview and hope you have a lovely time with your daughter!

     
  • At 12:20 PM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    Happy New Year!

    I think its a great fabbie for your finish!

    Enjoy your time with your daughter!

     
  • At 1:28 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    I agree about the fabric, Sue! Better suited to smaller projects (RE the response you left on my last post). BTW, what part of Michigan are you from???

    Julie

     
  • At 2:12 AM , Blogger Stitcher S said...

    Happy New Year!

    I too love the purple fabric.

     
  • At 11:22 AM , Blogger Meari said...

    Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to seeing your flatfold.

     
  • At 4:01 PM , Blogger Sally said...

    Happy New Year! Good luck for your interview.

     
  • At 4:31 AM , Blogger Felicity said...

    Happy New Year. I hope it's a year filled with love, happiness & laughter - and that you find an Ali Baba's cave of good fortune to finance your latest projects.

     
  • At 8:40 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Great fabby and your JN finish is awesome! I think when your flatfold is done, the fabric will be just fine. You could go with a smaller print--like a two tone polka dot or something neutral like that. But the Halloween fabby is adorable. Keep looking at it for a few more days before you decide!

     
  • At 4:10 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    I love the fabric you picked out. All of it. Yes I think it would look great backing your project (which looks great too!)

    I'm so happy your dd is coming home for a bit. Enjoy your time together!!

     
  • At 4:11 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Too late for me to cross fingers for the first interview. Hope it went well and that you get other interviews for that job. I'll cross my fingers from now on.
    A new job is the one thing everyone can wish for you in 2010. And as fast as possible though I believe Jaz wouldn't agree... Nor would the cats, IMO, even if they don't show. ;)
    Hope you had a great time with your DD.
    I love all the fabrics and wouldn't choose anything with a smaller print because the colours are perfect. The Just Nan piece is very cute (with out the spiders would be better for me though. Lol!).
    Take good care of yourself, Sue,
    Hugs,
    Lili

     
  • At 7:38 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Happy New Year Sue! I hope your job interview went well and that you had a lovely visit with your daughter.
    Those are some cute fabrics. I'm partial to the cocoa and candy cane one. It's so difficult for me to find fabrics around here. I often have to go across the border to find anything.

     
  • At 11:46 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

    I'm late to the party here but... Happy New Year !

    I love your fabric selections. My first instinct was that the halloween fabby would be absolutely perfect if it was a bit smaller pattern. But I think it's great as-is. It will give alot of interest when you see it from behind. I love the idea ! I'll have to look for something similar for my version of that piece too :D

     
  • At 1:52 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    I love the fabric! Can't wait to see it done up :o)

    That's wonderful!!!! I hope you have good news about the interview (as you can see, I'm behind in my reading)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home