Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Friday, December 25, 2009

It's finished

It's finished, I can't believe how quickly this piece went. I started it on Thanksgiving and finished up the other evening, that may be a record for me. This was such a fun piece. I can't believe it's been in my stash waiting to be done for so long. Doing this as a SAL with my DSIL was just the motivation I needed. So here in all its glory is Just Nan's Be Scary on 32 ct. Belfast Linen (not sure on the color). Ignore the owl charm being a bit cockeyed (it really does hang straight normally), I didn't notice till after I was ready to post the picture it was slanted, and it's to dark now to get a good replacement photo.

I've never done a flat fold before, but Kim has. Now I just need to find a time that we both have free so she can help me finish it off. She's close to being done with hers too, so we'll be able to finish them off at the same time as she wants to do hers as a flat fold also.

My other finish this week was the cat mat I started the end of November (the one with yellow/orange/purple/green). This one was done in a chunky yarn so is quite squishy, perfect for a little older kitty to nap on that needs more cushion. Size wise it is 20x28 inches, same as the others have been.

With these two finishes I'm up to 12 knit or crochet finishes this year and 11 crossstitch finishes, 23 in total. This compares to the same number last year, but last year I had 9 knit/crochet and 14 crossstitch, so the mix was a little different. With the little time left in the year, I don't anticipate many more finishes, but as I'm a little over halfway done with another cat mat, should have one more done by year end. With one more finish, I'll have completed one more project this year than last, not to bad.

Here's wishing you all a wonderful and safe holiday.

14 Comments:

  • At 8:36 PM , Blogger Becky K in OK said...

    Be Scary looks great. I love those cat mats. Could you send me the crochet instructions? Our cats at the Humane Society could use something like that in the cages. bkirk1029@sbcglobal.net.

     
  • At 11:05 PM , Blogger Kathy A. said...

    Just love your Be Scary. Beautiful job!

     
  • At 3:38 AM , Blogger Chiloe said...

    COngrats on one of your last finish of 2009 ;-)

     
  • At 5:51 AM , Blogger Hazel said...

    Well done on your finish! The cat mats look great.xx

     
  • At 9:39 AM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    Great job on Be Scary, it would definately be perfect as a flat fold.

     
  • At 10:11 AM , Blogger Dee said...

    I love Be Scary! Very cute. I think I have that one in my stash.

    Hope you had a merry Christmas!

     
  • At 10:38 AM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    Spooktacular finish ;o) It must be fun stitching it with someone else. I must try that sometime.

    It's fun looking back over the year and seeing how many things we've accomplished. My finishes and goals will go up January 1 and I'm quite pleased with my results as well :o)

     
  • At 9:00 PM , Blogger claudia said...

    I believe you are 24 projects ahead of me! I thought LOT about finishing some things...does that count?
    I really like your Just Nan's Be Scary...it turned out great.
    There are a lot of lucky kitties out there who are (even though incarcerated at the time) resting a little more comfortably thanks to you.
    I wish you Happy New Year!

     
  • At 11:15 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Congrats on your latest finish! I just love it. I've yet to try any of the Just Nan pieces.
    I hope you have had a very Merry Christmas.

     
  • At 10:49 AM , Blogger Ranae said...

    I love your finish, it's so awesome.
    Happy Stitching 2010!!!!

     
  • At 8:17 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Beautiful finish! Congrats. I love the cat mats.

     
  • At 10:36 PM , Blogger Crazee4books said...

    Hi Sue,

    Merry Christmas to you and your family, furry and otherwise. Hope
    Santa was good to all of you.

    Congratulations on your finish of
    the Just Nan Be Scary project. I
    don't believe that I'm going to say
    this but ... love those spiders at
    the end. (I really, really hate
    spiders). Such a cute design. I
    look forward to seeing it finished
    into a flat fold.

    The newest additions to the kitty mats collection are lovely too and
    will no doubt be greatly appreciated by their lucky recipients.

    You've had quite a productive year
    with all those stitching and knitting finishes. Congratulations.

    Cheers!

     
  • At 10:57 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    WOW you finished it!!!! It looks great too. Great job in your finishes as well.

     
  • At 5:56 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Congrats on finishing Be Scary! Nice job. I have a tutorial on my blog sidebar under How To for flatfolds, if you're interested. Hope you had a good Christmas.

    Happy New Year!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home