Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bats and a Cat

Couldn't think of a good title today and Bats and a Cat is all that came to mind as those were going to be my pictures, so that's what I went with. First off Bats, here is my current progress with Just Nan's Be Scary.


This is a fun stitch, the witches were a bit of a pain as the colors kept shifting, and since they weren't very big, and there were three of them, it meant quite a bit of stopping and starting. However, other than the little bead for each ones buckle they are done. I haven't done any of the beading on this yet. There isn't a lot, so shouldn't take very long to get it done once the stitching is finished.

I made pretty good headway on this as I just finished listening to the book on CD Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich while I was stitching. Her books are so funny, I had to stop stitching occasionally as I was laughing to hard to be able to place my needle. However, it was kind of odd too. I got a call from the library that the material I'd ordered was ready for pick up. I couldn't remember what I'd ordered, as didn't remember ordering anything. When I got there and saw the book on CD it hit me. I'd requested this back when it came out, a number of months ago. At that time I was working, and listened to books on CD while I commuted. I'd planned to listen to this then but I was so far down the request list that I knew it would be a while. Well my time to have it finally came up, but I had to listen at home as no job commute any more, really seemed odd, and brought home the fact once again I'm between jobs. Funny how little things can impact you all over again like that.

However, on the plus side, on occasion I'm sure other drivers I pass on the road have wondered if I'm crazy as listening to her stories I'd get laughing quite hard in the car. At home listening just had the fur bodies to wonder about me. The cats pretty much ignored me, but then cats for the most part are pretty laid back. Jaz on the other hand every time I'd start laughing she'd get up and look around like she was saying what? what am I missing? Then since she was up she'd come over to see if a) she could have a scratch b) I wanted to play c) she could have a treat or d) if I she could go out. Dogs have a pretty straight forward thought pattern, LOL. So far she's loved my being home, the novelty of being able to play I want to go out, I want to come in, go out, come in, go out,...... still hasn't worn off. I know one furperson who will not be happy when I find a job. The cats on the other hand, well, here is a picture that pretty much shows how they spend the day.

Other than meal times and some snuggling at the end of the day, I'm not sure they will register to much difference as long as they have a full kibble bowl and a sunbeam. :)

12 Comments:

  • At 12:52 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Yep, cats are the ultimate in independence.

    Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 1:51 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Bats is coming right along! You'll be finished in no time.

     
  • At 7:09 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    And "Sizzling Sixteen" is the next in Janet's Stephanie Plum series! I haven't finished reading "Fifteen" yet and am already panting with anticipation. I just love her books!
    So much so that when my 84-year-old grandma asked if I had anything that she might be interested in reading, I had to share this collection with her. She went through the first 14 plus a few pre-Plum's in a month! She doesn't watch much TV...mostly reads. She loves them too!!

    I get Janet Evanovich's newsletter. The latest one mentioned a new Barnaby series book (based on the characters from "Metro Girl" and "Motor Mouth"). I am so excited about this new series!!

     
  • At 8:46 PM , Blogger claudia said...

    Bats is looking good. The beads will really make it pop.
    You just gave me a great idea...I always want to read but always seem to have my hands going on something or and can't read and do what I need to do at the same time...maybe I should treat myself to a cassette player that I can plug an audio book into and go about my house cleaning and stitching. I know this isn't a brand new idea, but I didn't think about doing it until you mentioned it. Hmmm, you've got me thinking! Thanks!
    I bet the furpeople are all happy you are home during the day, I know mine would love it!

     
  • At 10:25 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    I don't remember seeing this project before, is it new? Have you posted it before and I just never noticed?!?! YIKES! He's a cutie too.

    I hear you on the animals, but when it's just me, the cats come around. It's when the kids get home they hide again. The energy coming off the kids can be a bit much for the cats.

     
  • At 6:36 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Be Scary is looking reallt good so far. Looking forward to seeing more.

     
  • At 10:40 AM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    Your JN piece is looking good!

     
  • At 1:30 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Your project looks great!

     
  • At 1:31 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Your project looks great!

     
  • At 4:31 AM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    Just stopping by to wish you a Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2010!

     
  • At 2:34 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    You're pretty much neck and neck with DSIL! Looking great :o)

    I have yet to read that one. I've been going through her books one by one now that I own up to fourteen. I'm on eleven now. I agree, they are great books with such funny story lines :o)

    Kitty looks so comfy.

    Merry Christmas my friend. Hopefully there will be good things in the New Year :o)

     
  • At 6:45 AM , Blogger Catswhiskers said...

    The Cats are napping whilst you work on the Bats...
    Fun Stiching work!

    Merry Christmas!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home