Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Monday, November 30, 2009

Slipping in under the wire

With today's post I'm just slipping in getting in two posts this month, however, with one being on the 1st and the second on the 30th saying two in a month may be stretching it a bit much. This has been a busy month though, so hopefully next month will show a bit more in the posting area.

Week before last my daughter was close enough to visit (only about an hour and a half away) so I got to visit her twice. The first time I went with my parents as they hadn't seen her in quite a while and we went out to eat and just visited. The second day I went and picked her up and we went to lunch and had fun shopping and wandering around a large mall that was near the arena she was working at. The mall had those lovely massaging chairs, so we treated ourselves to some luxury time in those as well. Then last week was Thanksgiving. We went off for a family retreat, my parents, my brother and his family, and myself for a couple days at a state campground that has a resort lodge on site. Lots of good food, fun, and catching up. The weather was a bit colder than I'd have liked, and a bit damper, but for late November not to bad. There have been a number of years where we've had snow, sleet, or ice (or a mix of all three), so just having cold and damp wasn't to bad an option.

The last day of work for me was the 13th of this month, they officially closed the doors of the building. It was hard saying a final farewell to those of us that were still there. However, the timing worked well as I was able to spend time with my daughter and take time at Thanksgiving that I would not have gotten otherwise. Hopefully something turns up in the near future, two weeks off has been enough down time, although with Christmas coming up I've no doubt I can keep busy.

As to what crafty stuff I've been up to this past month, I've finished one cat mat for the local shelter and started another.


Also, I've made some nice headway on Trick or Treat Mice.

Finally, over Thanksgiving when my DSIL and I were together for the family retreat we started our SAL, Be Scary by Just Nan. I got some serious stitching time in and managed to get about half way done. This is looking so cute.

Kim got a good start on hers as well. In addition, I finished up a quick scarf for the elder project my mother works on. She knits scarfs all year and then donates to the local elder project, no senior left behind, who put the scarfs and other items that are donated into baskets that they distribute to the elderly in our community that might otherwise not receive any Christmas gifts. It was fun to be able to add to her scarf stash for the project.

Well, that pretty much catches up on what I've been up to. Now I'm off to see what all you've been up too. Also, to let Jaz out again. She is really enjoying mom being home, having a grand time playing the I want to go out, I want to come in, I want to go out, I want to.....She's going to have quite an adjustment once I find another job after all this spoiling. Oh well, at 13 I'll humor her, besides, I can't resist those eyes she manages to look at me with, yup, I'm a pushover.

9 Comments:

  • At 4:37 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Your stitching and crochet look wonderful. Sounds like you had a good time with your DD, and at Thanksgiving.

     
  • At 5:14 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Glad you got to see your daughter and get some quality mom-time!

     
  • At 7:16 PM , Blogger Kathy A. said...

    November seems like such a busy month doesn't it. It just flies by
    Glad you got to spend some quality time with your daughter.
    Nice stitching. Love those little mice.

     
  • At 12:42 AM , Blogger claudia said...

    How great it is that you were able to spend the time with your daughter! Especially around the holidays! YAY! (My youngest is living back at home again, so I am pleased!)
    Sorry about the job being shut down. I know that you knew and were prepared, but nothing really prepares us all the way for that kind of time off. I keep dreaming about not working at all and doing stuff around the house, but I know I wouldn't like it after a while!
    I love the colors of the cat mats!
    What a great idea making scarves for the elderly. I should think about doing that here for the home down the street from me and for the local senior center. I won't have time to do it this year, but it would be a good thing to start on to get enough done for next year! Thanks for the idea1

     
  • At 11:06 AM , Blogger Ari_1965 said...

    Quick scarf? I'm still working on my first scarf ever. But I'm close to finishing it! And I'm going to wear it all winter no matter what it turns out to look like.

     
  • At 11:17 AM , Blogger Stitcher S said...

    The cat mats are really colorful, love them! It's nice of you to give your time that way.

    I know what you mean about infrequent blog posting. I am in the same boat lately.

    Take care!

     
  • At 5:41 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    I'm so happy to hear that you got to see your daughter twice this month :o) You really must have enjoyed that.

    I'm sorry that your job is finally done :o( Any leads or ideas of jobs for the future?

    Your Halloween Mice are really coming along! Will you put them away until next year? I can't believe how much you got done on your SAL as well. I haven't seen Kim post in about a month so she must be just as busy as you ;o)

     
  • At 2:27 AM , Blogger Mylene said...

    Your cat mats are really lovely and you have done quite some stitching on halloween Mice.

    Soubds like you have had some great time with your daughter and family.

     
  • At 11:30 AM , Blogger Barb said...

    I'm not blogging as much as I use to either. Your knitting looks nice. I love your stitched pieces. That Halloween piece is just darling. Great job on everything!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home