Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween

Hope you all had a good Halloween, it was really busy in my neighborhood. There were so many little ones out and they looked so cute all dressed up. It was chilly and damp, but not anywhere near as cold (or pouring rain, snow, sleet) as we've had in other years, so the kids could show off their costumes.

As to my Halloween stitching, I've made a bit more progress on Trick or Treat Mice. I've finally finished up the pumpkin and have most of the little witch mouse done. While I didn't get it done this year for Halloween, I'm pleased with the progress I have made since I picked this one back up a while ago. After sitting as a pitiful UFO for almost 10 years, it is finally moving again. If I keep with it, it should be done and available for displaying next year at Halloween.

Kim and I finally settled on what our next SAL will be, Be Scary by Just Nan. It was a toss up between this and couple of others (Shepherd's Bush Goblins was second up). However, this doesn't look like it will be too large a project, so may have a go at Goblins afterwards. We'll be starting our SAL at Thanksgiving, as we'll be together and can do the first stitches then. I've got it all kitted and ready to go. For fabric, I'll be using a 32 ct. light Mocha Belfast Linen. I did two of Just Nan's Moon Riders on it earlier and liked how they turned out, and the coloring of those and Be Scary looks to be similar.

Well off to take care of chores so have things ready to start the week tomorrow. Just two weeks left now and we'll be walking out the door and turning out the lights. Needless to say, the atmosphere at work is a bit on the depressing side. To lighten it up a bit last week I hit the dollar stores and found all kinds of fun Halloween decorations. Then, last Monday I got in early and decorated the place up and had donuts for treats when the others came in. The looks of surprise were so worth it, and I think it made the atmosphere a bit better this last week seeing the fun decorations too. So this weekend I picked up some fun Thanksgiving ones and I'll be in early tomorrow switching out Halloween for the Turkeys and Scarecrows. :)

Daylight savings time for us was this weekend, so I got an extra hour of sleep last night, that will help too. Did everyone remember to adjust their clocks that had this? This year I remembered, but last year I forgot and then couldn't figure out why things weren't running on "my" time, LOL. Still need to set my car clock though, for some reason remembering how to do that is always so hard.

12 Comments:

  • At 9:28 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    I just spent the last half hour looking for the manual for my car so I can figure out how to change the clock. I go through this every year, you'd think I'd remember how by now,lol!
    Your Halloween mice are adorable. You've made fantastic progress on this piece.
    Can't wait to see your new starts.

     
  • At 9:35 PM , Blogger claudia said...

    I have to agree with Lynn...I need to dig out the old manual and read how to change the car clock twice a year. I have been thingking I should remember that too!
    Your little Trick or Treat Mice is so cute! I wish I could get on a project and stick with it! I think I have three or four going on and can't stay with any of them. Then I find a chart I have stashed away in a drawer and am tempted to start that! Geez!
    We had no little ones out trick or treating last night. It's slowly gotten quieter and quieter each year. I think the parents are opting for little parties instead. I have to say I much prefer that way! (I don't really want candy sitting around here...I am weak!)
    Oops! This has gotten long. Sorry. Good to see you! What are you going to do after your employment is shut down?

     
  • At 10:04 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    The trick or treat mice are adorable!!!

    and what a nice thing you did with the decorations. yes I can imagine it must be hard on everybody there, esp since it's getting close to closing up shop. It's those extra touches that make it a bit easier. Good for you!

     
  • At 5:17 AM , Blogger Mylene said...

    You had made a very good progress on Trick or Treat Mice.
    The Just Nan's Moon Riders are just tooo cute.

     
  • At 7:21 AM , Blogger Kathy A. said...

    Nice progress on Trick or Treat Mice. I think you will have no trouble finishing it. Love your new Just Nan start.

     
  • At 2:53 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    I love trick or treat mice. It's good to see you working on it again. I cannot wait to start Be Scary. I've been trying to be good and work on my Palms piece so it doesn't languish for many years. I'm so wanting to start something new.

     
  • At 3:14 PM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    Wow your UFO is just coming right along!!!!!

    Great new sal for you and Kim!

     
  • At 7:18 AM , Blogger Doris said...

    The trick or treat mice are so cute!

     
  • At 3:11 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    I really love this project and I'm glad you've stuck with it. It looks so awesome on the black fabric :o)

    I saw that you were going to do another SAL with your SIL. It must be nice to be able to have someone to stitch with. I really miss that :o(

    Yup, an extra hour of sleep but yes, it's depressing with all this darkness now.

     
  • At 12:15 PM , Blogger Sally said...

    The Trick or Treat Mice are coming along well. They look so cute!

    Looking forward to following your SAL:)

     
  • At 4:06 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    I can't believe I haven't checked in for more than ten days! I'm so happy to read your post. I mean, I always eagerly wait for your posts and keep checking and wow! Great progress on your Halloween stitching!
    I think of you a lot, Sue. I think it's just great that you decorated for Halloween and then for Thanksgiving at work. It must have been very welcome, shows that life goes on and that there are still reasons to give thanks. We can always find reasons.
    Great thing to start a new sal with Kim. And always Halooweenn. Lol! Will you stitch for Xmas this year, or not even consider this?
    I'm sending you a billion hugs, I know things are going to be tough for you in the days to come.
    Take care, dear Sue,
    Lili

     
  • At 4:21 PM , Anonymous Charlotte said...

    The trick or treat mice looks cute, I want to see them finished. You are so lucky to have halloween, in Europe we only have Christmas to look forward to. On the other hand we have more time for Christmas stitching, but still...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home