Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Where does the time go?

Wow, I just don't know where time goes sometimes. I can't believe it's been almost a month since my last post. Busy at work, finishing things up so they can close (very depressing), and busy at home.

On the home front we had friends visiting from Massachusetts, so spent time with them. Also, managed to catch two plays put on by local theater groups, both were wonderful. They did a great job, and both were funny, perfect for a evening out when you wanted to laugh and forget things for a while. Finally, my daughter was in the area, so I got to go visit her and spend a day running around and catching up. I'm always happy when the circus she's with is nearby and I get a chance to see her, it doesn't happen any where near enough.

Some of my time has also gone to a new game I found and am becoming addicted to. I've never been much on Sudoku, but I just discovered KenKen. KenKen is similar to Sudoku, but uses solving simple math equations in it (add, subtract, multiply, and divide). It's fun, and I get a feeling of accomplishment when I finish a puzzle. Also, since these types of mental workouts are supposed to help keep your mind sharp, I figure I'm doing something good for myself at the same time (now if I'd just lose the 30 or so extra pounds I need to as well). Oh well, one step at a time.

Now onto some stitchy/crafty stuff. First off, I want to show the lovely gift I won in Ranae's drawing. I knew I'd won the delightful cat fob, but the wonderful fabric and ribbon that she sent with it were a surprise. Just perfect for a Halloween junkie like me.


Here's a larger picture of the fabric, isn't it fun?

In between my running around and other activities, I did manage to finish off two more blankets for the local animal shelter. Both are 20x28 inches as usual.

Finally, I've made some more headway on Trick or Treat Mice

I'm almost done with the orange and can start with some of the other colors and am so glad. While I love Halloween, I'm getting quite sick of orange in all its various shades. You can just see the start of where the little mouse witch will be in the lower right corner (her broomstick and corner of her hat showing where they'll start against where the orange stopped).
We'll I'm off to see what all you're up to. Hope you're all doing well and have managed to avoid the flu and such that is going around. I just got my flu shot this weekend, so am hoping not to have to deal with it this year.

16 Comments:

  • At 8:49 PM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    I'm glad you got to spend some time with your daughter! Great gift you won from Ranae and your UFO is coming right along!

     
  • At 9:44 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Love the little scissor fob. It looks just like those little Halloween candies that come in the cellophane wrapper.

     
  • At 3:19 AM , Blogger Chiloe said...

    I love the Lorri Birmingham design! Please keep stitching it !!!

    Congrats on your prize !!! It's beautiful ;-)

     
  • At 3:21 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    I was looking forward to a new post. Hi Sue!
    Amazing gifts!
    I just love this Trick or Treat Mice. I can understand you're fed up with stitching all shades of orange, but let's face it: it's one of the most beautiful colours I know...
    Autumn has arrived here and the leaves are changing...
    Glad you've been able to see your DD, still gone with the circus... Not an ordinary woman, definitely...
    The cats will love their blankets, you're an angel who's really making a difference in this world.
    I hope you find a new job soon, having to put everything in order before closure must be heartbreaking. I'm so sorry, Sue.
    Hugs!
    Lili

     
  • At 4:17 AM , Anonymous marylin said...

    Hello, I have just discovered your blog and I find him(it) really extraordinary, I have too a blog and I shall be honored that you leave me one comments!
    I live in FRANCE and to have an American on my blog, I am there very proud best regards of marylin FRANCE http: // poussy-stiches-my-love.over-blog.com

     
  • At 8:58 AM , Blogger claudia said...

    My blog friends list doesn't update until much later than a new post from a friend is up. I knew you had posted becuase I got that nice comment form you! I've been looking forward to seeing how you are!
    Sorry to hear about your place of employment closing!
    What a nice time to spend with your daughter. It never seems like enough though does it? My daughter is close by now and I see her several times a week, but I want more! I hope that she is still doing well and is happy.
    Great prize you won! That fabric is adorable. I like the key fob too. Someone said it looks like the little candies you get in the cellopane, I have to agree. Cute!
    I'm going to go and check out that KenKen. I love stuff like that.
    It's good to hear from you!

     
  • At 11:57 AM , Blogger Meari said...

    Stitching looks great, and congrats on the win from Ranae! Sounds like you're keeping yourself busy, for sure.

     
  • At 9:21 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    I love your crocheted cat mats. Could you please give me the directions for making them for my local shelter

    Thanks, Linda

     
  • At 1:23 AM , Blogger Mylene said...

    A lovely gifts you received from the draw. You are making good progress on Trick or Treat Mice.

     
  • At 7:30 AM , Blogger Kathy A. said...

    Time does fly when your stitching. Family does keep us all busy. What a lovely gift from Ranae and you are right the wrapping is special.
    Love your Halloween stitch. You will know pumpkin colors well by the time you are done.

     
  • At 3:48 PM , Blogger Ranae said...

    I am glad you like your little win.
    It's so sad many businesses are closing.
    I never heard of Kenken, I might have to chaeck that out.
    The pumpkin looks wonderful. keep at it!!!!

     
  • At 8:15 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Great win! Your trick or treat piece is great. I know you are sick of the orange, but it'll pay off! Wish I could get my act together enough to start that. I've always loved it.

     
  • At 10:36 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    Good to see your posts again Sue :o)

    LOVE that Halloween fabric! Yummy!

    Nice progress on your Halloween Mice. It does get a little boring when you're working with one color for a long time.

    Glad to hear you got to spend time with your daughter :o)

     
  • At 10:31 AM , Blogger Lucy said...

    Scissor FOB is adorable. The Trick or Treat Mice is coming along nicely....I personally don't like working on black but I love the look of it.

     
  • At 5:38 PM , Blogger Cindy F. said...

    Family time is such a perfect distraction from the job thing;)
    Awesome gifts you won, especially that little fob!! and I LOVE the Halloween piece! Perfect on the black background!!

     
  • At 10:44 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    What a great win!!! Such cute stuff. Your mouse pumpkin is really coming out well. Yes I can see how the oranges would make you crazy after awhile.......
    and really like your kitty blankets. Definitely appreciated by the shelters.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home