Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cat Mats and Stashing

Well in my last post I said I thought I'd be done with Six Bats the end of May. Funny how things don't seem to work out the way you plan sometimes. Since my last picture I've only completed one and a half more squares, not even enough for an updated picture. I've got to get moving on this, my SAL partner Kim is done with hers and I'd like to be done with mine now by the end of June. Kim's Luck, Letters, and Leprechauns turned out wonderfully. I love the greens, at some point I want to stitch this for myself as well.

While I haven't gotten in much stitching, I've just been to tired when I get home to focus, I have gotten four cat mats done for the animal shelter. These are so easy to make and really don't require much focus. I did three in double crochet and the fourth is knitted, they all measure about 20x28 inches. They should give a small furry body a soft place to snuggle up. I'll be dropping these off along with some dog chewies we have. The chewies are a basted, stuffed, rawhide roll that Sasha used to love. However, all Jazmine wants to do is lick the basting off and then ignore them. So, I'll get Jaz some of the type she likes more and give the several packages of the ones I had on hand of the other to the shelter where a dog there may appreciate them a bit more than just for the outside basting.

While I haven't been stitching much, I did do a bit of shopping when Stitches n Things had their recent sale. I timed it for when they did their Memorial weekend one and got a nice discount on these goodies. I actually had to take the picture twice as the first shot I had a helper that covered up the lovely Lizzie Kate ones I got.
As cute as Isis is, and she certainly thinks she's helpful, I did want to show the fun Halloween ones. With these last three Halloween flips I have the whole series now. I'm so looking forward to doing this. Ranae just finished this series on a great green fabric and it looks wonderful (her May 13 entry). The other goodie was Beach Cottage, I love the blues and it reminds me a bit of the cottage my grandparents had on the lake that I used to visit often when I was younger.

Well that's it for now, hopefully my next post won't be so long in coming as this one was and I'll have a nice update (if not a finish) of Six Bats.

22 Comments:

  • At 5:36 PM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    I bet any cat would love those cat mats! I've got blankets on the floor in stratigic places for my boys to relax on.

    Great new stash!!!

     
  • At 6:31 PM , Blogger Mylene said...

    wow! Great stash!

    Well done on the cat mats!!

     
  • At 7:53 PM , Blogger Suzie said...

    Those cat mats are an excellent idea! We have three rescue agencies here, and a couple of pet stores that have rescued cats up for adoption through another rescue program, so I'm sure that they could use these. .it will be my inspiration to learn how to crochet and/or knit! Thanks!!

    I LOVE your new stash! And of course, not only does your kitty have to see what you are doing, but has to check out your future stitching projects as well, to put her stamp of approval on them!

    Now I'm anxious to see the progress on each one! And how are you going to decide which one to start first?

     
  • At 11:57 AM , Blogger claudia said...

    The newest cat mats are such pretty colors. Lucky cats again!
    Love your new stash. While I was online last night and without any kids in the house, I went shopping! UGH! I bought a few things from (Oh geez! Now I can't remember the name of the place) anyway, I bought some patterns for old fashioned seed packet cross stitch. Pretty cute and very colorful. I also bought a pattern book for filet crochet tablecloths and a pattern for a grocery bag. I have to stop shopping online...it could get dangerous!

     
  • At 12:17 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    The cat mats look great. We need to get together to get our stitching mojo going. I haven't been doing anything lately.

     
  • At 12:17 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    It's really nice that you make/donate those mats to the shelter. I'm sure they're really appreciated. Nice stashing!

     
  • At 3:37 PM , Blogger Ranae said...

    pretty colored cat mats.
    Nice stash too and of course kitty

     
  • At 5:06 PM , Blogger Kylie said...

    I love the cat mats! What a great way to give back to the community.

    I am desperately wanting the Halloween flip-its. I will have to wait til I'm back to work again. There's just no extra $$ for crafts right now. Bummer! Oh well, I'm convinced that things will turn around for me at some point in time. Hopefully soon!

    Isis is beautiful!

    S&T is my favorite shop! I hope to visit it in person some day!

    Happy stitching!! :)

     
  • At 7:06 PM , Blogger Beatrice said...

    Cute mats.
    I'm so glad to see the Lizie Kate's are in I need the last 3..I must check with Ann.
    I see your Kittie liked them too.

     
  • At 7:09 PM , Blogger Spanish Princess said...

    UGH! I too have a list of things I wanted to have finished by the end of the month, but alas, life got in the way (not that I'm complaining!) I have resolved to make a list so I can be reminded and maybe get ome things done during down time.

    I love your new Lizzie Kate stuff. There are a few that I have that I want to put on kitchen towels.

    Have fun, and I'll check in on the progress later!

     
  • At 9:26 PM , Blogger Crazee4books said...

    Hey Sue!!

    If my Mom ever gets bored with
    knitting scarves and wash clothes
    I'm gonna suggest that she consider
    making a few cat mats for the cat
    shelter (no kill) near here. I love
    this idea of making little mats for
    the kitties, and I know that she
    would also. Phoebe really likes
    that purple and green mat by the
    way. She told me so.

    I can't believe how fast you've
    been stitching Six Bats since you
    began it. But doesn't it always
    seem like time for stitching just
    vanishes when you're nearing the
    end of a project and just want to
    sit down and get it done! Six Bats
    is looking fabulous and you've
    done a wonderful job stitching it.
    No need to dwell on the plague of
    frogs that tried to trip you up
    with this one. Consider them
    vanquished!!

    Oh lovely stash!! Is there
    anything nicer then new charts,
    thread, fabric and stuff to play
    with?? Okay, a pile of new books
    for sure, but not much else. I
    love the Lizzie Kate Halloween
    flips series and wondered if you
    would be stitching it...given
    your passion for Halloween and
    all. By the way, Isis makes a
    lovely stash model.

    Biscuit and his brother Bones
    continue to delight and charm
    us all. They wrestle and snarl
    at one another one minute and
    then settle into a pile for a
    nap together a minute later.
    It'll be interesting to see
    what they'll look like when
    they mature.

    Got a nice walk in tonight
    and for once it didn't rain
    on me. Wednesday, Thursday
    and Friday of last week every
    time I went out for my walk it
    rained on me. Hard! Had to keep
    throwing my jacket in the dryer
    when I got home so I could wear
    it again the next day, and my
    pants just went straight into
    the laundry basket. Can't carry
    an umbrella when I walk because
    I have to have my arms free to
    swing as I walk. My legs don't
    move unless my arms do too.

    Yes, I'm weird.

    Cheers!

     
  • At 8:42 AM , Blogger Kathy A. said...

    Nice new stash. Enjoy your Halloween LK's. They are such fun.

     
  • At 5:54 PM , Blogger Doris said...

    lovely new stash!

     
  • At 11:23 AM , Blogger Cindy F. said...

    The kitties are so lucky to get comfy AND pretty mats! Very nice!
    LOVE your new stash!

     
  • At 9:00 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Nice cat mats! Love your new stash too. I'm going to have to have the Beach Cottage!

     
  • At 9:06 PM , Anonymous Maren said...

    Cat mats and dog chews, what a nice thing to do! I'll bet the shelter animals will love them.

    Lovely new stash additions, too. Issis obviously thinks so. :)

     
  • At 10:34 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    The four square is still up for grabs. If you email me your address, I'll get it into the mail for you right away.

    The button is available at Just Another Button company.

    Lucky you having someone to make the tuck pillows. :-)

    Yes, the yarn is doing all the work. LOL I'm just along for the ride.

     
  • At 2:23 PM , Blogger Redwitch said...

    I'm catching up with comments, hope you are well?

    Lovely cat mats and stash :)

     
  • At 7:20 PM , Blogger Dawn B. said...

    Love the cat mats...Love the new stash. I see you have helpers like me..LOL
    I went back and looked at you game board it's really nice.

     
  • At 8:01 AM , Blogger Barb said...

    Bet some cats are enjoying those mats! Great stashing! You had a cute littlde helper there!

     
  • At 9:41 AM , Blogger Hazel said...

    Cute cat mats! Great stash haul too. xx

     
  • At 11:19 AM , Blogger Dee said...

    Hey, Sue,

    Did you still want the Summer Four Square pattern?

    I hadn't heard back from you. It IS still available.

    Hope you're having a good week!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home