Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, April 19, 2009

And then there were 10

Well, ten squares and the border that is. From the original 81 squares and border I'm down to just 10 and the border to do. My griding of all the little boxes is done, and, surprise, surprise, they all ended up lining up. With all the stupid mistakes I've made in this I figured I'd be off somewhere, but I wasn't. How hard can it be to place an X correctly in a small, already defined, square, or to put the correct design in the correct box? Evidently for me, and as brain dead as I've been lately, it was to much of a challenge. However, Six Bats is a very forgiving pattern, and in almost all cases I was able to work around my errors and most I can't even find anymore. So, here is my current progress

This is going much faster than I thought it would when I first started it with Kim as a SAL. Her piece, Luck, has moved even quicker for her (she's down to 9 squares and just 3 sides of the border left). My original thought when we first picked it was to do about 3 squares a week and finish up early Oct. I've been able to average closer to 5 squares a week, and am looking to being done by the end of May.

We haven't decided what our next SAL will be, Lizzy Kate's word series Living with Charm was our SAL before our current one, but at the moment we seem to be leaning towards Shepherd's Bush. Kim has Wandering Shepherd and I have The Goblins (you'd never know I liked Halloween projects would you, LOL). These are both kits and as they are already in our respective stash piles it's a plus too.

18 Comments:

  • At 11:50 AM , Blogger Kathy A. said...

    Your Halloween Sampler is just gorgeous. I can imagine how tough it has been to have everything line up perfectly.Look forward to the Happy Dance.

     
  • At 1:19 PM , Blogger Ranae said...

    BRD is looking great, love the colors.
    I love the SB, you should do that one. Is that the bookmark kit?

     
  • At 2:16 PM , Blogger Ginnie said...

    Great work, the colours and lovely for halloween.

     
  • At 2:36 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    LOOOOVE your project! I also have Goblin--mine came with the mat, did yours? That will be a fun start. I'm doing a Shepherd's Bush Halloween giveaway on my blog if you are interested!

     
  • At 3:20 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    You are almost done! It's looking great!

     
  • At 5:09 PM , Blogger Kylie said...

    Looks great! I too love stitching Halloween patterns. Don't know what it is about them but, I LOVE them!!

     
  • At 10:43 PM , Blogger claudia said...

    You like Halloween Patterns??? I would have never known!
    Six Bats is going by so fast! It's really looking great.
    The new one you are considering doing is cute. Can't wait to watch you stitch that up.
    Thanks for you kind comments on my blog. It's friends like you and the others that I have on these blogs are what help hold me up!

     
  • At 3:10 AM , Blogger Doris said...

    beautiful sampler, i like the motiv,the squares,all.

     
  • At 8:22 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    I am so totally amazed at how quickly you've moved on this project. And what else is amazing is how you and Kim have kept so current together on it!

     
  • At 11:09 AM , Blogger Meari said...

    Your SAL looks great... You're almost there!!

     
  • At 2:42 PM , Blogger Michele said...

    wow! seems like just yesterday you started this piece! I love it :)

     
  • At 4:41 PM , Blogger Mylene said...

    You are almost done with it and it is looking beautiful. Next project is lovely!

     
  • At 12:09 PM , Blogger Redwitch said...

    BRD squares really move along don't they? Your Halloween piece is looking great, you'd never know there were, erm, personalisations ;)

    Look forward to seeing your next SAL choice :)

     
  • At 11:58 AM , Blogger Cindy F. said...

    Wow! Your so close to a finish on your sampler now:) Beautiful stitching!

     
  • At 10:47 AM , Blogger Stitchingranny said...

    Nice to know something went right and it all lined up. Putting a cross in the right place hard - lol counting to 2 can be hard somedays when you are a stitcher.

     
  • At 4:27 PM , Blogger Dawn B. said...

    That game board is looking great. Can't wait to see what your all SAL next.

     
  • At 6:54 PM , Blogger Suzie said...

    What neat projects!! Your stitching is lovely!

    It will be fun to see what you choose for your next project, and to see it grow!

    Thanks so much for sharing these with us!

     
  • At 3:40 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Yup! I guess we could say you're a Halloween fan. I'm in a Hallosal myself...
    We have a new puppy. Never thought we would after losing Jam. But definitely happy we have him.
    How's Jaz?
    Many hugs,
    Lili

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home