Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Spring and hot pink accessories

Ok, I'm just to impatient to wait for spring, I needed a spring fix and I needed it now. So, what to do you when you need spring and it's not here yet? You stitch it :)

With that said, this week was my mother's birthday, she really enjoys gardening and always has such beautiful flowers and such. As part of her present I decided to make her this to hang by her back window where she can see a large section of her garden.

It's a SanMan Originals design, and the little tuck to finish it with came with it. I used 28ct antique white Monaco and DMC. Monaco is such an easy fabric to stitch on, and so easy on the eyes. Other than a couple times, the frogs were quite kind and didn't bother me at all.

After I finished Garden, I picked up Joyful Summer by CCN which kind of got put on hold when I was working so much on Six Bats.

I love this design. Blue is my favorite color, so I love looking at it. In addition, the coloring and the little birds are such fun and so cute. As with Garden, so far the frogs have been kind on this one too, even the french knots for the eyes have gone well. I've just started putting in the last row on the bottom, so as you can see it just fits into the Q's. Only a couple leaves and a couple small flowers to go and I'll have another finish. Isn't this a great spring piece.

On a final note, I'll leave you with a picture of Miss Jazmine, who seems to think her life is quite hard at the moment. We've been getting a bit of rain lately, which she doesn't like (think wicked witch of the west and an I'm melting scenario when she has to go out). If she had her way I'd go out with her and hold an umbrella for her each time. Water she likes, wade in it, splash, roll around and then come back in the house and shake (joy, wet dog smell). However, falling on her head, nope not in her idea of what is acceptable. In addition, she has a nasty lump on her leg with a sore in the middle. Off to the vets we went so it could be checked out. Not sure what caused it, but now that she has it she won't leave it alone. Not infected, so she doesn't need antibiotics (thankfully), but very itchy. So now we have topical cream for the itch and healing, and have to keep it wrapped so she leaves it alone.

Doesn't the hot pink legging brighten things up? And this is the poor pitiful look she keeps giving me. Ignore the bit of paper on her lower lip, she'd just got through trying to get some goodies out of, or should I say through, a grocery bag when I wasn't looking, she's so helpful at times, and I didn't notice a piece had stuck until after the picture. Not sure why the coloring is so off in the picture, in reality the bandage is hot pink and the carpet beige, somehow everything ended up with a yellow cast. By the end of this if I'm not careful she'll have gained several pounds as she seems to think pitiful looks get cookies, and so far it's working (I'm such a pushover).

24 Comments:

  • At 10:10 PM , Anonymous Melissa said...

    those are really very beautiful. do you sell them?

     
  • At 11:29 PM , Blogger Kathy A. said...

    Oh that poor little darling - looking so hard done by. I think that requires extra cookies lol
    Love your spring stitches. Makes you think of all the beautiful spring flowers to come.

     
  • At 12:21 AM , Blogger Ranae said...

    I am sure that will bring smiles to your mom's face each time she looks at it.
    JG is looking great, I still love those colorful birdes.
    Miss Jasmine is styling in hot pink

     
  • At 3:22 AM , Blogger Megumi said...

    Both of those projects are very pretty. I particularly like the colors of the Joyful Summer piece (guess I'm ready for spring as well). :)

     
  • At 9:06 AM , Blogger Becky K in OK said...

    Poor Miss J. I know the itching must be driving her crazy.

    Love the two finishes.

     
  • At 9:43 AM , Blogger Dee said...

    Very cute projects.

    Very SAD doggie --- yes, I'd have to give that sad face a cookie or two (or five).

    Hope she heals up quickly.

     
  • At 10:02 AM , Blogger Kylie said...

    Love both pieces! Very "Spring-y" and colorful! Poor Miss Jazmine ;( At least the hot pink is stylish! I really need to post a stitching update!

     
  • At 10:39 AM , Blogger Mylene said...

    Hope Jazmine feels better soon.

    That's a lovely finish, i am sure your Mum will love it.

     
  • At 12:16 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    I sure do like Joy! It looks very very close to being complete. You are really going great guns with your stitchy fingers lately. 8) I hope that Jaz gets better soon. It's no fun to have an ailing little one about.

     
  • At 7:21 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Aw, the poor doggie! She's awesome. And your Joyful Summer is looking great. What nice colors in there!

     
  • At 10:41 PM , Blogger Beatrice said...

    You have made me feel ready for spring! those are both very ;lovely and your Mom will love the one you stitched for her. The fabric is prefect!
    Poor puppy. She needs more groceries...lol. p/s I have a Jazmine as well.. we call her Jazzy because she is always on the move!

     
  • At 1:52 AM , Blogger claudia said...

    That little stitch for your mom is great...Spring ahead!!! YAY!
    Joy of Summer is still my favorite stitch of yours. I am longing for summer, although here summer means fog, fog, fog. Oh well.
    Poor Jazmine! I found these neat treats for my dogs. Natural snacks. They seem to really enjoy them. Milkbone makes them. They have Omega 3 & 6 Fatty Acids...good stuff for good poochies who need a little treat now and then. Maybe not so much in the bad fats department?!?
    I hoep her leg heals up fast so she isn't so uncomfortable.

     
  • At 4:52 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

    aww what great stitching! poor girl that sappy look would get me each time too. ^_^

     
  • At 6:18 AM , Blogger mainely stitching said...

    Lovely stitching!! I hope Ms Jaz will find her happy place soon. LOL!

     
  • At 7:18 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Lovely stitching. The San Man piece is so beautiful in it's little tuck. I bet your Mum will love it. Joyful Garden is coming along beautifully.

    Awwww poor Miss Jaz:) She looks so sad.

     
  • At 8:04 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    Garden is a lovely piece for your Mum's birthday. And the colours in Joy are so pretty and soft, very refreshing for this late winter grayness that is everywhere.

     
  • At 2:58 PM , Blogger Michele said...

    what a great finish for your mom! I bet she loved it :)

    Joyful is looking great! and you are almost done! woo hoo!

    ohhhhhh she is pathetic! lol .. but I do love the hot pink :)

     
  • At 1:53 AM , Blogger Cindy F. said...

    Pretty stitchings:)

    ahhh...your puppy looks so sad! Maybe you could walk him just once in the rain with the unbrella??...lol...oh, sorry.

     
  • At 10:04 AM , Blogger Meari said...

    Miz Jaz does have a pitiful look on her face, LOL.

    The garden piece you did for your Mom turned out great. Happy belated birthday to her! Your Joyful piece is really nice, too.

     
  • At 5:14 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    Oooh that poor cute dog! He is really looking sad on the picture! Hope he will feel much better soon!

    Your stitching looks really great!

     
  • At 7:05 AM , Blogger Dawn B. said...

    sorry for litle poches owy. The spring stitches look great.

     
  • At 5:05 PM , Blogger Crazee4books said...

    Hi Sue,

    Awww....poor wee Jazmine!! Look
    at that sad, sad face. Poor baby.
    She really does need another cookie Sue. I mean, just look at her.

    I can't say as I blame her about
    not liking the rain when she has
    to go out and do her business. We
    sure as heck wouldn't like it
    either. That's the nice part
    about cats. They don't have to
    go outside to do their business.

    Hope Jazzy is feeling better and
    the sore on her leg is healing
    nicely.

    The little SanMan design that you
    stitched for your Mom is very cute
    and looks great in the tuck pillow.
    Looks like Monaco is an evenweave
    fabric, which is my favourite type
    of fabric to stitch on. I don't
    think I have any Monaco in my
    stash though.

    You're so close to a finish with
    Joyful Summer, and isn't it so
    exciting?? It's so pretty and
    colourful. I love those birds too.

    I picked up some cotton wool/thread
    from Michaels for my Mom to try
    and she's busy knitting me a new
    dishcloth right now. I forget
    the name of the make (except that
    it starts with a B) but I got it
    in variegated pink and variegated blue colours, two balls of each.
    I'll let you know what she thinks
    of this stuff. Haven't heard any
    complaints so far.

    Hope that things are calming down
    for you Sue and you're not feeling
    as stressed. I know what you mean
    about stitching being a great
    reliever of stress. I get so
    absorbed in it when I'm stitching,
    which is also the way I am when it
    comes to reading, I am oblivious
    to the world around me when I read
    or stitch.

    The Brittercup tuck pillows are
    adorable and the pillows them
    selves are beautifully made.
    What a nice thing your friend
    Kim did for you, putting that
    care package together for you.

    Sun is shining here today and
    the temperature is around 8
    degrees Celsius! Surely Spring
    must be just around the corner??

    Cheers!

     
  • At 3:35 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    Boy Sue, you have been one busy stitcher! Love the tuck you made for your Mom and I can't believe you are almost done the CCN piece.

    Poor puppy :o( You're telling me you don't go outside with her with an umbrella???? Even Brie gets that royal treatment ;o)

     
  • At 3:37 PM , Blogger disa said...

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home