A finish, a visit, and some awards
I loved working on this piece. The fabric color (blue is my favorite) and the fun and colorful birds and flowers made me smile. This was a perfect pick me up piece. The fabric is 28 ct Little Boy Blue linen and I used Crescent Colours (always lovely to work with) and DMC. Even the french knots in this worked well for me (and those usually I have a horrible time getting to look right). Yesterday I was over at JoAnns and found a frame I liked on sale for $10. It was one that had artwork in it, so I'll need to open it up and take the current picture out and then frame this up, but I think it will look good when done, and $10 for a nice frame is hard to beat.
Yesterday I spent the day at Kim's. It had been a while since we (my parents and I) had been able to visit my brother and his family, and since the weather was bright and sunny, everyone was well at the moment, and my brother is having his birthday this week we headed there for the day. We had a lovely visit, went out for pizza, and Kim and I got to stitch some. It is so nice having a SIL that I can not only count as a good friend but that also shares my love of stitching. We got to compare our progress on our BRD SAL that we are doing. While we'd seen the design and fabric we were going to use, we hadn't gotten together to see each others progress since we'd started. Luck is so cute in real life, I'll enjoy stitching it when we swap patterns. I also got to see several others of Kim's recent finishes, and got to show off Joyful Summer. A very fun day.
Recently I received two awards, the first is from Lizzie
Thanks Lizzy, it is such fun to have a place like blogger to show off our stitchy finishes, furbabies, and such. Now I am supposed to list my five addictions and also nominate five bloggers...
As for my addictions, only five hmmm that's a challenge
- My daughter, she's the light of my life and challenges me to try things that are out of my comfort zone. Also, she's the only one I can actually say has ran away and joined the circus, yup, she's the adventuresome type (she so does not take after me in that way).
- My furbabies, they're always so glad to see me no matter what, especially if I come bearing treats. :)
- My stitching, I love being able to see it grow, know I'm creating it, and it is my stress reliever and helps keep me sane in this crazy world
- My books, I love to read, and will read just about anything. It's a wonderful escape from everyday issues, and as with stitching keeps the stress at a lower level and me reasonably sane.
- My treats, Chocolate, Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper, and Chai tea or Mocha Cappuccinos, all so yummy (now if I could just get addicted to exercise to offset them a bit, LOL).
I'm supposed to name five others for this award, it is so hard to chose, I love all your blogs and would really give this to everyone. But lets see, to keep the award moving
I also got this fun award from Judy Thanks, Judy, I love to get comments and so try to comment on others.
Again, I need to pass this on to five other bloggers, all of whom I think have wonderful blogs to look at, as well as leaving such lovely comments. Again, it is so hard to pick out just a few. Really, if I visit your blogs I think you're all awesome.
Well, it is bright and sunny so I'm off to do errands. While still cold (only about 40F), there is no snow and we've got beautiful sun. Spring may be on its way.