Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, January 25, 2009

More squares

Not a whole lot going on this week. I enjoy watching the TV series Bones, Monk, and Psyche, and did remember when they came on this week, so while they were on I got some stitching time in. My Halloween squares are growing. The lower right corner is where the boxes will stop and then the border will go in (design is 9 squares by 9 squares). The 11" Q snaps I have it on will be a bit tight. However it will fit and I like the 11" ones, the 14" ones tend to make it a bit harder to handle so I'll leave it on these to finish. Here's where I am now, at this point I'm still a bit ahead of my schedule for this. For a change I even got a good picture where you can see more of the true color of the Lentil linen I'm doing it on.

Last night my friend came over and we knitted and watched an older movie that I hadn't seen before, January Man. Overall it was pretty good. It had Susan Sarandon, Kevin Kline, Harvey Keitel, and Alan Rickman, all actors I enjoy. She'd had a bit of trouble finishing her knitted square that she was working on for the donation piece from the book reading earlier, so unfortunately we had to rip about half of it back out and restart from there. I felt a bit guilty ripping it back, but it turned out well. She got some more practice in on the decreasing part, and it looked much better by the end of the movie than it had before, so she was pleased. They are collecting the squares till the end of the month, so she'll have time to finish and get it turned in. I turned mine in last week, and they had a nice amount in the basket they were collecting them in. They should be able to have a lovely afghan and raise funds for a good cause. While I was there I also had a fun look around the store. While none of the yummy yarns ended up going home with me, they sure were tempting.

Since she was knitting, I worked on my knitted cat mat too, so that I was doing the same thing if needed to explain something again. A little less confusing than if I was crocheting or stitching. While I have a small dishcloth started, since I'd have to pay attention to a pattern and didn't want the distraction, I worked on the cat mat I also have going. This one's almost done. I'm using the Vanna's Choice again in Mountain Print.

No pictures of wildlife this week. Yesterday, while cold, was nice and sunny, so I'll leave you a picture of the not so "wild" life from inside that were taking advantage of the sunbeams to grab a nap. Don't these two look comfy? The other two were dozing too, but not near enough to get in the same picture.

19 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM , Blogger Doris said...

    oh, i watch Bones, CSI (miami,new york and las vegas) cold case, and the mentalist.

    your cat look so quite, so relaxing.

     
  • At 1:14 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    You're BRD looks good. I do like Bones as well. I cannot wait to see it live.

     
  • At 4:33 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    I love that cross stitch picture -- I'm such a nut for Halloween! Love those autumn colorsp

     
  • At 6:31 PM , Blogger Spanish Princess said...

    I am a Psych and Monk junkie, as well as CSI (all three), Numbers and NCIS. Now that hubby is back home, I am thankful that we have a DVR because hubby likes to change channels and NEVER goes back! The project looks good. Can't wait to see it finished. Sorry, I hadn't been around lately, but I'll check in more often!

     
  • At 7:47 PM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    Your squares are coming along beautifully!

     
  • At 4:35 AM , Blogger mainely stitching said...

    Great stitching and knitting! :D

     
  • At 9:33 AM , Blogger Ginnie said...

    Your halloween squares are looking great...

     
  • At 11:23 AM , Blogger claudia said...

    I can never remember when the shows are on that I want to watch! Grrr!
    Halloween squares is coming along fast it seems. At least to me it seems fast.

    It's good that you are there to help your friend. I have been trying to get together with my neice who is an ace knitter. She said she would help me, we just have to get our schedules in sync!
    Love the pic of the kitties sleeping, they look so cozy.
    Speaking of cozy, your knitted cat mat looks just that! I like the colors in that one too!

     
  • At 12:00 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    The Halloween Squares look wonderful!

     
  • At 12:59 PM , Blogger Michele said...

    I just started watching Bones and love it .. there are reruns at 7pm here. We record phych and monk to watch when our other shows aren't on .. they are great!

    BRD Halloween is looking really good! Love the fabric :)

     
  • At 2:24 PM , Blogger Milly~ said...

    Nice work on your Halloween squares.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. The "soft touch" aida is indeed very soft and easy to use. I got it from Silkweaver.

     
  • At 5:34 PM , Blogger Mylene said...

    Your halloween squares are coming along great.

    I like Bones too, a pity they keep repeating the series here and no new ones for quite a while now.

     
  • At 8:47 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Your BRD piece is coming along really well. Love the colours.

     
  • At 11:11 AM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    You sure are coming along quickly with your SAL! The color of the fabric is yummy :o)

    Your kitties are so cute! I'd love to be curled up like that. LOL!

     
  • At 9:17 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Yes I enjoy those shows too. I'm caught up on all the Monks, but I have a Psych to watch. I also like Burn Notice on USA. Another great show.

    All of your projects are coming along so nicely! And yes, it is easier to explain knitting while you yourself are knitting. No switching gears mid stitch!

     
  • At 8:21 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    Nice progress on your stitching and knitting. I'm looking forwards to February when all the shows really heat up!

     
  • At 10:35 AM , Blogger Cindy F. said...

    Great progress on your Halloween piece!! I also have a hard time holding the 14" Q snaps!
    How nice you have a friend to knit with:) and how lucky she is you are teaching her such a wonderful craft!!
    We recently started watching Psyche. It's too funny!

     
  • At 5:08 AM , Anonymous Maren said...

    Hey, that's a lot of progress for just 1 month. It's looking good!

     
  • At 7:51 PM , Anonymous Sachiko said...

    Sorry,I haven't seen you for a long time.

    Your new start Halloween squares is so pretty!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home