A finish, a WIP, and a New Start
After she left, I got down to some stitching, and I made some good headway on Joyful Summer.
While we don't have sun today, it is fairly bright out, so for a change I could get a fairly good picture. I so love the colors on this, it is just so cheerful.
The night before I had my last finish for 2008, I finished another cat mat for the animal shelter. This was a fun one to do as I liked how the coloring worked. Variegated yarns are so great, you just keep going and it does all the work of changing colors. As with the others, it measures 20x28. I did this one using Bernat Berella "4" afghan yarn in Fresh Lilac and I'd definitely use this yarn again, it was great to work with.
The other thing I got done yesterday was the final kitting of my new SAL, which I'm doing with my DSIL. I got the fabric pulled, cut, put on Q-snaps and the center marked. Here's how it looked to start and here's how it looks after spending a bit of time on it putting in my first stitches of 2009. Not a lot done, but at that time of night (just after midnight) I didn't want to do to much as then I'd just be frogging it back out the next morning. All the good luck frogs I have in my stitching area don't save me from mistakes when I stitch when I'm to tired. I'm doing this on Lakeside Linens 32 ct Lentil. The pictures really don't show the subtle shading. Over all it is a light tan, but the mottling gives it just a hint of a greenish cast in some areas and a rusty cast in others. If you click on the picture showing the start with the stitching you can sort of see the coloring in the fabric. I think this should look great with the overall Halloween colors of the piece. Kim is doing a different one by Blue Ribbon Designs, but as both of ours have the same number of squares, it should work out well.