Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Yarn wreaths and goals

Well, not much stitching going on, to much everything else I guess. By what I've been reading in many of your blogs sounds like a lot of us are to busy to do much stitching/knitting/crafting lately. Or, what is being worked on in a last minute hurry is a present and so pictures can't be posted yet. After Christmas I'll bet there will be lots of beautiful things to see being posted.

One fun item I saw was a yarn ball wreath, yup you read that right a yarn ball wreath. Here's what it looks like (courtesy of JoAnns).

If I was to do it I think I'd change the colors a bit, but overall, a pretty neat idea and so perfect for a crafter.

No projects to show at the moment, but I did do a quick review of my goals for the year. I don't do monthly goals like some of you, I just don't stay that focused and didn't what the pressure. However, did set some more generic yearly goals for myself. Overall I think I've done pretty good.

1) Do one more project than I completed last year.

Almost there, and depending on how you count them, I've actually met this goal. Last year I did 14 total projects, 13 crosstitch and 1 knitting.
So far this year I've done 21 projects, 13 crossstitch and 8 knitting. So I've met it in total, met it in knitting and just need to complete 1 more to meet it in crossstitch. However, I did the LK Doubleflips. The 13 crossstitch is counting that as 1, since I did them all on one piece of fabric. However, they were 6 individual design cards, so if count them that way, I've surpassed my goal. However, with a couple weeks left in the year, I'd really like to try and finish just one more so that I have a "clean" finish on the crossstitch count too.

2) Do at least two large items in the mix.

That I covered too. Most of last years were a lot of small pieces with about 4 midsize ones included. This year I finished CCN Gingerbread Cottage, Waxing Moon's Snow Ho Ho and LK's Doubleflips (especially if count as 1 piece and it was big), as well as completing Creativity, a RR with my DSIL, so have that covered.

3) Do my SAL with my DSIL (this was added later in the year, so not really a start of the year goal). Yup, finished and framed the LK Doubleflips (they just keep turning up don't they, really covering multiple goals).

The last goal was to work on two specific projects. The first is a long term WIP (actually several years old so really a UFO) which was LB's Trick or Treat Mice. While I did get it off the scroll bars and onto Q snaps (so I at least touched it) it didn't get any stitching time. Also, Flower Dragons didn't get touched either.

Oh well, overall I think I did pretty good, and I know I did better than I would have if I hadn't set any goals. Now I need to think what my goals will be for next year.

10 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM , Blogger mainely stitching said...

    It sounds to me like you did an excellent job with your personal challenges. And that yarn ball wreath might just work for me. LOL!

     
  • At 4:39 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Did you notice that the Starbuck's decorations are yarn balls????

    Considering how many of our Starbuck's have knitting groups that meet there, I thought it was apropos.

     
  • At 7:47 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    Isn't that a neat idea! I agree, I would change the colors too :o)

    Good for you! I like yearly goals too. Monthly ones seems like too much preasure ;o)

     
  • At 3:52 AM , Blogger Redwitch said...

    Great idea for a wreath, I would change the colours to more Christmassy ones too.

    You did great with your goals, congrats! Look forward to seeing next years :)

     
  • At 9:07 AM , Blogger claudia said...

    Congrats on meeting your goals! You had some pretty nice stitches in there, I really appreciated seeing all of your progresses and finishes.
    As for me setting goals I would have to do a lifetime goal, if I could just get ONE project done...LOL!
    I wish you the best for the holidays!

     
  • At 9:19 AM , Blogger Meari said...

    Congrats on meeting your goals!

     
  • At 6:57 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Great job on your goals. I have found that simply having a blog helped me keep stitching this year. Now, I should have a list of goals like you do!

     
  • At 9:14 PM , Blogger Cindy F. said...

    Great wreath idea!
    Congrats on achieving your yearly goals! I need to make a list myself for next year. I really think it helps keep me organized and focused better:)

     
  • At 11:08 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    I LOVE that wreath!!! Thanks for posting it. Yes I agree, I think around the new year we will see lots of beautiful posts of stealth projects.

    And congrats on the goals you've met this year. You have done a great job and I really enjoy seeing you post them.

     
  • At 3:24 PM , Blogger Dawn B. said...

    I like the wreth idea...so much so that it gives me an idea for a clay creation. Thanks and Sounds like you did good with your goals.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home