Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Monday, December 22, 2008

Quick post

Just a quick post before the holidays hit as it occurred to me that -

One - while I mentioned Joyful Summer I'd not posted an update and I did get a little more done. I'm over half way now, so as a finish this one is in site within the next month. No matter how I try I just can't seem to get the lovely soft blue of the fabric to show well in a picture from my camera, it always looks so washed out. So, this is a scanned one, but even then it still doesn't do it justice. The last time I got a good color shot was awhile ago and that was because for a change the sun was shining and I could take it by the window. However, not much sunshine now, so this is as good as it gets. And -

Two - Since I probably won't be posting again till next weekend wanted to wish you all a wonderful holiday season whatever holiday you may be celebrating. I'll be sending Christmas with my parents and my brother and his family.

For a point of reference, this is older, but shows so much more how the colors should look, in reality they are so much more bright and cheery.

14 Comments:

  • At 8:56 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Merry Christmas. Enjoy the time with your family.

    "See" you in 2009!

     
  • At 9:15 PM , Blogger Chiasmata said...

    The more I see this design around the more I get the urge to add it to my stash!

    Have a happy holidays, and a more peaceful new year. :)

     
  • At 7:51 AM , Blogger Ginnie said...

    Looking good - it is a lovely design. Have a lovely Christmas and New Year.

     
  • At 8:44 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    I love the colours in this pretty piece! A very Merry Christmas to you, Sue!!

     
  • At 10:40 AM , Blogger Kathy A. said...

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a new Year willed with love and much laughter

     
  • At 8:21 PM , Blogger Katrina in NZ said...

    Merry Christmas Sue, and best wishes for the New Year :)

     
  • At 9:02 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Very pretty colors. Have a great Christmas!

     
  • At 12:03 PM , Blogger Redwitch said...

    Merry Christmas Sue!

    Wishing you all the best for the New Year too :)

    Joyful Summer is looking very pretty!

     
  • At 7:11 PM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    That is so pretty! Have a Merry christmas!

     
  • At 8:05 PM , Blogger Ari_1965 said...

    Best wishes and Happy Christmas.

     
  • At 8:23 AM , Blogger Hazel said...

    That looks lovely. Hope you're having a wonderful time. x

     
  • At 4:33 PM , Blogger Cindy F. said...

    This is a great piece and you've made great progress on it! Can't wait to see more:)
    Hope you're enjoying your holidays:)

     
  • At 8:50 PM , Blogger Ranae said...

    Looking great. I sometimes have a hard time getting the colors the right color, does that make sense? lol

     
  • At 1:37 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    I thought you would have been done this one by now ;o) LOL!

    I know what you mean about getting the right colors to show. It's hard, especially this time of year.

    Happy New Year my friend and I look forward to another year of reading your Blog :o)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home