Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, December 20, 2008

I have a Pumpkin :)

I know I said I was planning on working on Joy this last week, but another cutie I have in my stash just jumped out at me when I was doing a bit of organizing. Earlier I'd picked this up and the floss to do it with, so it was all set to go. Added to the appeal, besides it being cute and I was having a bit of startitis from playing in my stash, was the fact it was small. Therefore, should be a relatively quick finish, and the just one more finish I was looking at to meet my one goal for the year noted in my last post. I promptly pulled out the various fabrics in my stash to see what would work, and saw I had some Fiddler Cloth in Lt that seemed perfect. So, here is my new finish - I scanned it rather than trying to get a picture with the questionable lighting today, so the coloring is pretty close. It's done on 18 ct Fiddlers Cloth in light with Fallen Leaves by Crescent Colours. I managed to get my count off somewhere, but by the time I noticed I was pretty far along and didn't want to pull it all back out. Since is so many little motifs, I thought I could fudge it without a problem. I ended up leaving out a tiny heart in one area, and lengthening another just a bit, but I think it balanced out fine and you can't tell that I needed to change it. I'd like to finish it off into a flat fold using some fun fall fabric. We'll see on that one though, as finishing really isn't my strong point. I have a couple finishes from last year that are still waiting on actually getting "finished" so they can be displayed.

With this finish, I have all the finishes completed that I set for a goal for this year (both number and type). The remaining goal for this year, to work on my two large WIP's (or at least one of them), is still open, as I haven't touched either one. However, there is almost two weeks left in the year, and I have some of that off for the Holidays so...... Hmmmm I think I hear a good movie and Flower Dragons calling my name for this evening, I may hit the last of my goals yet.

17 Comments:

  • At 10:50 AM , Blogger Kylie said...

    I hate it when I realize I'm off count. But, like you, I usually try to fudge it and it usually works! Very pretty pattern. Do you live close enough to shop in person at Stitches-N-Things? I sure wish I did!! She is one of my favorite on-line shops! Which, in my area, online shopping for supplies is the only way to find what you want/need. If you have any other suggestions on good online shops...I would love to hear! Happy Stitching!!

     
  • At 11:15 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    What a sweet finish! I have Apple in my stash and want to stitch that one next year:)

     
  • At 12:23 PM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    YOur Pumpkin looks great! Congrats on another finish!

     
  • At 3:03 PM , Blogger mainely stitching said...

    Very nice finish!! :D

     
  • At 5:12 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Love the little pumpkin within the pumpkin!

    Congratulations on meeting your goals.

     
  • At 6:31 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    Congratulations on the finish. If you don't happen to have good Fall fabric in your stash, you've got a good excuse to put off the finishing.

     
  • At 6:50 PM , Blogger Cindy F. said...

    I can't tell where you fudged..so GOOD JOB!!! It looks great:)
    Congrats on meeting your goal!!

     
  • At 7:23 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Congrats on your cute pumpkin finish. I couldn't tell where you fudged. Great job.

     
  • At 3:32 AM , Blogger Mylene said...

    A lovely finish!! Congrats on meeting your goals.

     
  • At 6:50 AM , Blogger Dawn B. said...

    Glad you reached your gola for the year. I love them designs myself. Yours turned out very cute.

     
  • At 10:00 AM , Blogger claudia said...

    What a cute pumpkin. I chuckled at your title...I have a Pumpkin, that is cute too! I can't tell at all that you were off any stitches. If you didn't say anything, I would not have known. Congrats on meeting your goals!
    I think I am finally going to get to go through and organize my stash on my weekend (starts tomorrow) I think what I need to do is make an announcement of what I want to accomplish next year and get going on it. I have so many neat projects to do, I really must get on them!
    I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

     
  • At 1:32 PM , Blogger Hazel said...

    A very nice finish too. I do like your yarn wreath as well. xx

     
  • At 12:17 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Congrats on meeting your goals! My pumpkin stitch is still waiting for finishing. It's not exactly my strong point either.
    I'm really looking forward to your Blue Ribbons start.

     
  • At 7:08 PM , Blogger Chiasmata said...

    You didn't fudge it, you 'personalised' it! :P Very cute little finish. I love quick and easy happy dances.

    Good luck with your big WIP goals. This year is running out fast.

     
  • At 12:28 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Cute finish!

     
  • At 8:48 PM , Blogger Ranae said...

    Your pumpkin looks awesome. I think we have all fudged at one time or another, lol. I can't tell the difference.

     
  • At 1:35 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    I saw this post and it really peeked my interest ;o) LOL!

    Wonderful finish and I have no idea where you fudged.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home