Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Monday, December 29, 2008

Frogs - the good kind

I had a wonderful Christmas, hopefully you all had a great holiday as well. My DD was able to come home unexpectedly for the week. We found out last minute (about a week before Christmas) that she would have enough time off from work that she could get home and back for Christmas. She flew in last week Tuesday and left this morning. It was so great to see her. My parents had enough mileage points on one of their cards that the flight was covered, another nice treat for the holidays. It was so good to see her, and this is the first Christmas in several years that she's been home so we could spend it together as a family.

For Christmas we went to my Brother's house and spent the day there. We had a lovely meal, and they were quite surprised to see DD walk through the door with me and my parents as they didn't know she was coming. I got a number of lovely Christmas presents, among them an awesome floss fob and Biscornu set from my DSIL. She made these for me using a frog theme as I collect them (one, they are cute, and two, if I have friendly frogs around me maybe the nasty ones that make me have to undo my stitching will stay away). Here's what they look like Aren't they adorable? Here is the backside of the Biscornu I love them, and the finishing as always is great. She also got me the flosses on the fob, which are what I'll need for my SAL I'm doing with her that we're starting the first of the year, Six Bats and a Witches Hat for me and Luck, Letters, and Leprechauns for her.

Hopefully you'll all have a safe and fun New Years. I'm planning on staying home, watching a movie, and stitching, what a way to start a year. :)

16 Comments:

  • At 3:03 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    The frog biscornu is BEAUTIFUL.

    I'll be knitting and/or stitching on New Year's Eve also. It always seems like a good time to start a new project, watch the ball drop and stay safely away from the drunks out on the road.

     
  • At 3:08 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    Glad you enjoyed Christmas. Not sure if I'll be stitching on New Years or entertaining. Either way, I won't go out. Amber was a great surprise.

     
  • At 3:32 PM , Blogger mainely stitching said...

    Now those are some frogs I wouldn't mind having around!

     
  • At 3:49 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    GREAT way to start the year, for sure! How nice you got that unexpected visit from your DD--I bet you were thrilled. And that Froggie biscornu is awesome--what adorable little frogs!

     
  • At 10:19 PM , Blogger Crazee4books said...

    Hi Sue,

    Merry Christmas!!! Sounds as
    though you had a wonderful time
    at your brother's house, and how
    fantastic that your DD was able
    to get the time off of work to
    join you. The best kind of
    Christmas present of all.

    I join everyone who commented
    before me in express delight
    and admiration for the lovely
    biscornu and fob that your SIL
    made for you for Christmas. I
    especially love the frogs on
    the biscornu with their rosy
    cheeks and beady eyes.

    I love the name of your next
    SAL, Six Bats and a Witches
    Hat. Very poetic. You really
    are crazy about Halloween,
    aren't you??

    I'd not seen the new Lizzie
    Kate design that celebrates
    Halloween but it is a beaut!
    When they're on the mark the
    designers for LK are almost
    impossible to resist. I love
    this one!!!

    It's great that you've met
    your stitching/knitting goals
    for this year. Good for you.
    Imagine how much stitching we
    could accomplish if it weren't
    for such inconsequential things
    such as say..oh...work for
    instance.

    Your pumpkin finish looks
    great on that Fiddler's Cloth
    by the way. Great choice of
    thread colour too.

    I've been working on Short
    Stack for a few days and made
    some great progress. Today I
    chose my next traveling project
    and got a bit done whilst
    visiting Mom at rehab. I'll
    reveal all in my next post.

    We're getting high winds again
    this evening, though not quite
    as strong as the ones that we
    had yesterday. The weird and
    extreme weather continues and
    it seems to be everywhere
    doesn't it?

    Oh, and before I forget....
    Joyful Summer is looking great
    and is such a nice piece to be
    working on during these peculiar
    winter days. Such delicious
    colours in it.

    Have a great New Years Sue!!!

    Best wishes Judy

     
  • At 7:38 AM , Blogger Redwitch said...

    Sounds like you had a great Christmas Sue, how lovely to have an unexpected visit from your daughter :)

    Lovely stitchy gifts too!

     
  • At 10:21 AM , Blogger claudia said...

    Your DD made Christmas so much better for you! What a nice surprize that she could come home.
    Your gifties from your SIL are so cute!
    I get to spend my New Years Day T work. A new last minute rule from the bosses. We're feeling more and more like slaves there! I'll go, but I'm not going to be the cheerful CS person I usually am!
    I hope you enjoy your New Years!

     
  • At 3:46 PM , Blogger Cindy F. said...

    CUTE!CUTE!CUTE!! Love your gifts! They're adorable and to get the floss for your SAL...what a bonus:)
    So glad you had a wonderful Christmas:)

     
  • At 3:47 PM , Blogger Cindy F. said...

    oops..hit enter too fast!!
    AND the BEST treat of all...DD coming home:) Wow! What an incredible treat for you and your family!

     
  • At 5:02 PM , Blogger Margaret said...

    How wonderful that your daughter was home for Christmas. What a great time you must have had.

    Love the froggies your SIL stitched.

    Happy 2009.

     
  • At 10:45 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Sound like a great way to start 2009...
    I'm so glad that your DD was able to come back for Xmas. That must have been the most beautiful gift of all...
    You've been spoilt: the threads and frogs and beautiful!!!
    Many hugs and wishes for a happy 2009.
    Lili

     
  • At 12:24 PM , Blogger Sally said...

    Love the frog biscornu. I want to stitch that for someone I promised a biscornu to:)

    Happy New Year! I plan on stitching tonight too unless my girls have other plans!

     
  • At 1:23 PM , Blogger Dawn B. said...

    Love the frogs and hope you had a good visit with DD. happy New year

     
  • At 11:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    what a lovely biscornu and so unusual
    I want the same one please::)))

    Gigi

     
  • At 5:20 PM , Blogger Lelia said...

    Yes, very good kind of frogs!!!

    Happy new Year : )

     
  • At 1:39 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    What a wonderful surprise for you and your family!!!!

    You have one super SIL ;o) She did a fantastic job on those gifts.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home