Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Couple finishes, almost a finish, and SNOW?

Yup, you saw that last one right, snow. If you're reading this and it is still snowing you may see the little flakes all round my weather lady. Ugh!!! There is something not right about trying to get the leaves cleaned up and having to do the raking in snow. Although it is better than in the rain, but still. It isn't sticking, but is coming down enough when Jaz lays still long enough outside she's getting a light dusting of snow along her back. I want summer back.

Work is still slightly nuts, and so by the time I get home I'm more than a little mentally challenged to do much of anything. In addition, not a lot of time before it is time to go to bed to start all over again. Stitching under those conditions is usually not a good thing, as I'll end up doing more frogging than stitching as I just can't seem to keep my counts lined up. I have gotten most of Jasper done though I just need to add the pumpkin he's holding. While not done quite in time for Halloween, pretty close to. Jasper and Jinx will be a fun set to put out next year.

So, if I haven't been stitching, what have I been doing? Mindless cat mats for the shelter. I'm so glad that Lynn got me started on these. They are perfect for when your brain really is just to tired to think. Each of them measures 20x28 inches, and the two multicolored ones are really soft and squishy. They are done in Homespun, which was a lot of fun to work with once I figured out a larger size crochet hook was needed. The third is a pretty bright blue with a denim blue edging on both ends and sides. Unfortunately, with the snow and overcast there wasn't good light to take these in and so they're quite dull and faded in the picture, not like in real life. This blue one, like the red and blue ones earlier, is in worsted weight, so all five that I've now completed can be thrown in the washer and dryer with no problem. Next weekend I'll be taking the cat mats over to the shelter, as I have five done now, along with some other dog supplies, extra leashes and such, that with just Jazmine I don't need so many now. Some of the items, like the large Kong toys that Sasha loved, Jazmine doesn't play with, so they will go to the shelter to keep another dog happy and occupied.

With work and everything I've gotten behind on blogs again, seems like I'm always playing catch up. So I'm off to see what all you've been up to. My Doubleflips are supposed to be back from the framer this coming Wednesday, so hopefully next weekend I'll have a lovely framing finish to show. My DSIL also got her Doubleflips done, we were doing them as a SAL, and also has hers at the framers. The last time we saw each others progress we each had several words left to do. It will be a lot of fun to see each others finished piece and see the frame we each picked.

13 Comments:

  • At 7:36 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    We've gotten snow here, too. Your little ghost is cute. You're just going to town on those cat mats, aren't you?

     
  • At 9:08 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    I love those little Just Nan pieces! Those little shelter kitties will love those mats.

     
  • At 9:56 PM , Blogger Lizzy said...

    Oh, Snow! How cool, Sue! ;-) I wish it was snowing here as I love the colder weather and the snow and we just don't have much snow to speak of where I live in NC...

    I am glad to see you posting again as I was beginning to worry about you, Sweety and was coming by to leave you a note asking where on Earth you'd gotten to, when I saw you'd updated your blog and stopped by my blog as well! :-)

    Love your wee ghostie... he's too cute, Hun!!! :-) And all your cozy cat mats are sooo lovely and sweet! I know those poor wee kitties will love curling up on your lovely warm mats for a cat nap! And how thoughtful to take the doggies some goodies as well! You're an Angel, Dah'lin!

    I'm sorry to read work has been so stressful and busy of late... hopefully, things will return to normal soon and you'll have some restful evenings for stitching...

    I can't wait to see your Lizzie*Kate! I know it's going to be gorgeous!

    Take care hun and enjoy the snow... and send some my way! ;-)

    Sending you lots of Love and {{{Hugs}}}

     
  • At 10:45 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Jasper is just too cute! I've also had a late Halloween finish. I completed my pumpkin stitch this week and hope to have a pic on my next post.
    Hope you get rid of those snowflakes soon! I'm headed in your general direction next weekend to visit family and am keeping my fingers crossed for good weather.

     
  • At 3:56 AM , Blogger Margaret said...

    Oh dear - SNOW!!!! I hope we only get some on Christmas Day. I was raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario so like you I know all about snow. Truthfully I don't miss those winters.

    Your Just Nan pieces are too cute for words. I bet they put a smile on your face at the end of a busy day.

     
  • At 7:21 AM , Blogger Dawn B. said...

    No snow here yet but that's nothing new in Texas. Love the Cat mats and bet they make the little kitties happy. Nice halloween piece.

     
  • At 8:35 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Jasper is a cute ghostie!

    I wish we got snow. I miss the Winters from my teens when you could guarantee plenty. Now we hardly get any. Just rain and more rain.

     
  • At 11:40 AM , Blogger Ranae said...

    I Love the Moon Rider.
    Those mats are great for those little kitties
    I had a wee little snow the other day.

     
  • At 11:55 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Wow, you are really cranking out those cat mats!!! and yes they are mindless which is why i like to work on them. Perfect for the end of the day when you don't have much of a mind for anything else.

    and this is probably a silly question, but why do you need to rake up the leaves when they are covered by snow? Wont they just break down over the winter? Or does the snow just keep it frozen so it lasts all winter?

     
  • At 12:33 PM , Blogger Cindy F. said...

    Snow:) Love to look at it, but glad it rarely snows in Texas!
    The cat mats are so nice and they will be thrilled with them:)
    Jasper is adorable. Can't wait to see it finished.
    I hope work is stress free for you this week:)

     
  • At 6:31 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    I'm loving little Jasper! Can't wait to see the finish. I would love to see snow this year--I'm jealous!

     
  • At 9:57 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    Snow! Ewwww! You can keep it ;o)

    Jasper is adorable! And I can't wait to see your LK all framed up. I bet it's going to look spectacular :o)

    I'm with you. I always seem to be behind lately :oS

     
  • At 9:45 AM , Blogger claudia said...

    You people and your snow! You are the second this week to mention getting some. I don't live in a snow zone, so I don't even know what the stuff is all about. They are talking 70's and 80's here the rest of the week, and THAT I can live without!
    I love your little ghosty. He's so cute!
    Can't wait to see your framed double flips. I'm going to have to look into getting that one, maybe it will make me want to dig out my floss. I'm still not back at the stitching.
    Your little kitty mats make me want to be a cat. Well, I always thought that life would be for me anyway...laying around, sleeping, chasing felt mice...ahhh, life's good!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home