Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, October 26, 2008

And another two

Ok, I'm shallow, I went for the quick finishes again instead of working on one of my larger WIPS. Guess that's what comes from focusing on a larger project for awhile, stitching attention deficit disorder combined with startitis happens and nothing large is even on the horizon at the moment. Good thing my next SAL with my DSIL Kim doesn't start for a while yet.

I've been lazy, and believe it or not still haven't stitched the charms onto the Doubleflips. Somehow it just seems to close to sewing or finishing, so it's just fallen to the wayside. My goal this week is to get the charms on so I can get it in for framing. With only 12 little charms, I really have no excuse.

Now onto the finishes. My first finish was another cat mat for the shelter, this one in blue. The requested size is 20x28. I wasn't paying close enough attention, and it actually came out 20x30, a little larger than planned, but guess they can use it for a cat that is a little larger. :) I also got a little off at the one side, so it isn't as straight and even as I'd like. However, I don't think a kitty will be counting my rows, and with a cute furry cat laying in their cage snuggled on it, hopefully it won't be too noticeable that it is off to anyone else either.
Lynn is who got me started on these, as she makes quite a few, as well as other items for charity. I'm not up to the other items like hats, mittens, and such that she can do, but figured the cat mats were a safe project. I'm so glad I gave them a go, they are so relaxing to work on.

My next finish was Jinx one of the MoonRider series by Just Nan. Kim got me this a design a while ago, and I figured the size would be a perfect quick finish. She also got me the frame, so now all I have to do is pop it together and I'll have a fun one to set out for this Halloween. The pattern came with three designs. Aren't they cute? They finish up at 2x2, so are quite small. I had some small scrap fabric on hand of 32 ct. Belfast which was large enough to do two of these on. I've completed Jinx, and am now trying to decide which of the other two to do. At the moment I'm leaning towards the Ghost, but Jack the pumpkin is cute too. Well I'm off now to catch up on what all everyone else has had going on since last weekend. Cold and rainy here today, so a good day to stay inside. Hope you're all enjoying the weekend.

17 Comments:

  • At 1:59 PM , Blogger Lizzy said...

    Oh, another lovely kitty afghan! How sweet and wonderful, Sue!!! :-)

    I love your Moon Riding Witchy! She's too cute and I can't wait to see her framed up and your next one!

    Don't stress about your L*K... you'll get to it in due time, Hun and it will be there waiting on you! Enjoy your Halloween stitches and your crocheting just now... :-)

    Enjoy the rest of your day, Hun... I'm going to go stitch the afternoon away and watch Pride & Prejudice! :-)

    Sending you lots of love and {{{Hugs}}}

     
  • At 2:35 PM , Blogger Cindy F. said...

    Really cute halloween stitches!

     
  • At 4:41 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Jinx is adorable. I think of the others, the ghost is very cute.

     
  • At 5:36 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Congrats on finishing the kitty mat. What a nice thing to do! Good luck on your Halloween stitching.

     
  • At 5:39 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    I think your kitty mat turned out just fine. I think the kitty that gets it will be more concerned that it is warm and softy rather than straight!! I'm opting for a few small quickis as well before we start on another BAP.

     
  • At 1:15 AM , Blogger Karin said...

    Great little afghan - I'm sure some kitty will enjoy all of the work that you put into it. Your stitching updates are lovely too.

     
  • At 1:15 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    Hey, at least you have finishes ;o) LOL! Jinx is just adorable! I see myself slowly being drawn to Just Nan....

     
  • At 2:26 PM , Blogger Mylene said...

    Your halloween finish is soooo cute and congrats on finishing the kitty mat.

     
  • At 5:43 PM , Blogger claudia said...

    I like the color of blue you used for the cat mat. I should make some of these and give them to our local shelter. I don't mind helping the animals there, I just don't care fro some of the people who work there.
    Jinx. The colors are great! Cute little stitches. I should probably do something like that to get me back in the game!

     
  • At 5:44 PM , Blogger claudia said...

    I don't know what I did silly up there, I meant to say I like Jinx.
    Sometimes I wonder what my fingers are up to when I think they are typing.

     
  • At 12:14 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

    I'm getting familiar with Just Nan and I really love the designs...nice job!

     
  • At 9:08 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Lovely stitching and knitting. My cats love lying on knitted sweaters or polar clothes.
    The Just Nan with is very cute (which shows that even a witch can be cute).
    I always put off the finishings like charms. It's like sewing buttons: I hate it... Lol! But the end result will sure make you happy everytime you look at it on the wall. So you have all my encouragements there!
    Thank you for your comment, you sure understand how I felt.
    Big huge hugs,
    Lili

     
  • At 5:25 AM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    Those halloween pieces are so cute! Small finishes are great :) Love the kitty mat too!

     
  • At 12:31 PM , Blogger Sally said...

    Jinx looks so cute!

    Lovely kitty mat too.

     
  • At 12:32 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Cute kitty bed-I don't think they will counting either-LOL Your little witch is adorable.

     
  • At 9:25 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    I love that blue mat!!! It looks so cozy and squishy! And I don't think a cat will be measuring it with its paw saying its off by so much. However if you leave a string, it might paw at that!! LOL Great job! Now you know why I like them so much, they are relaxing and a mistake doesn't necessarily need to be ripped out. They could care less!

     
  • At 9:43 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    There is a lucky kitty out there who gets to sleep on that afghan. I love the whole idea of these and wish I knew how to crochet so I could do some for our shelter.
    Jinx is really cute! I've never tried any of these and I think I actually have some in my stash. They're on my list for next year.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home