Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Stitching, stashing and framing

This past week I did get some more stitching in, got some framing back, and got some new stash. So, here is what I've had going on

First is my current progress on the Doubleflips I've just got two and a half words left and then to sew on the charms and I'm done. Looks like I'll have it done by the end of Oct. I'm counting it as six finishes, as it was six pattern leaflets, so it will add a nice amount of finishes to my this year goal.

Next up are my framed pieces I just got back. My Needle and My Floss by Waxing Moon, also known as the traveling pattern, was a delight to do. I really like the frame and mat I found for it. Waxing Moon has another one in a similar style that I want to do as a companion piece. I love the denim mat I found for it, so close to the denim color I used for her dress.

Next up is Schoolgirl lessons by Little House Needleworks. This I really loved doing as the all one color was so relaxing to stitch. I could just sit and stitch and not worry about color changes. The mat is a velvety blue, with I thought looked great with the rich blue I used for the stitching. I used the same frame as with My Needle and My Floss, as I'm going to hang this one in the middle of the two Waxing Moon pieces, so wanted the frames to match.

Finally, Snow Ho Ho by Waxing Moon. The blue and red mats are a velvety type finish, so have their own texture. This one will be such fun to have up come Christmas.

As to stash, I just couldn't resist the new Just Nan one, isn't she great?

I also finally got my copy of the new Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue (guess what I'll be reading this weekend)

And finally, the Reading Threadpack from Little House Needleworks. I think I'll probably be doing this one twice. I ordered some 12ct. tula (which is behind the pattern) to do it on first, so will make it quite a bit larger than normal as I'm going to turn it into a pillow. Later I'll probably do it again as a small piece to frame or as a small tuck pillow or flatfold.

Well that's about it for now. Thank you all so much for your kind comments on Midnight. She was such a sweetie, and she's sure missed. However, I know it was time and I made the right choice. Luckily I have my other fur babies and my stitching. I wonder if the change in season affects animals though, as I've noticed some other bloggers also dealing with the loss of pets currently too, so sad.

28 Comments:

  • At 10:19 PM , Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

    I look forward to you finishing up your double flips! You're pretty close now!

    All of your framed pieces look just fantastic!!!

    Great new stash too!

     
  • At 4:28 AM , Blogger AngelSan said...

    you certainly have been busy ! Such lovely projects ! How bizarre is it that we both had the JCS Ornaments and Reading as stash the same week? :)

     
  • At 4:31 AM , Blogger Ginnie said...

    Your framed work looks great, it's amazing how much more spectacular they look when framed and finished.
    That JCS mag looks great, enjoy reading!

     
  • At 8:04 AM , Blogger Kathy A. said...

    Wow, those flips are so close to done. You go girl. I love your framed pieces especially the travelling pattern. I am still watching for the new JCS issue - it arrives sooo much later here in Canada.

     
  • At 9:49 AM , Blogger Dee said...

    I got my JCS too. So far, I've just taken a quick look through. I'll sit down this week and take a better look.

    Your pictures all turned out great. I love the top two frames. I've used that frame on alot of my pieces too.

     
  • At 11:08 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

    The double flips is looking great! I'm loving the stash you got and your framing is gorgeous. I saw someone finish that "My Floss" sampler is different colors and hers and yours are both so pretty. I need to get that chart!

     
  • At 11:56 AM , Blogger claudia said...

    WOW! Lots of great stuff to look at. I love all your framings. You have great taste is the mats and matching thos up with your stitching.
    Double fips sure looks like fun. You are coming along on that really quickly it seems! Can't wait to see how you finish it!

     
  • At 3:46 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Your finishes look really great framed up, Sue. Enjoy all your new stash :)

     
  • At 7:12 PM , Blogger Ranae said...

    Wow! Your finished and framed pieces are fabulous.
    LK is looking great, love the colours.
    I just got my JCS mag, I can't keep my eyes off it, lol.

     
  • At 1:45 AM , Blogger Chiasmata said...

    Wow, look at all that beautiful framing! I simply adore all the blues. :) Congrats on your great LK progress too, and the new stash!

     
  • At 4:39 AM , Blogger Lili said...

    Well, pets and humans all are "animals" so I guess that for them it's like for us: spring and fall are more deadly... Sad indeed.

    On a lighter note, I just LOVE the framings...

    I received my JCS last saturday and have spent quite some time dreaming on it during the week end actually...

    Nice progress on the flip its too.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. Yup, I'm back and glad to be there.

    Lots of hugs, Sue.

    Lili

     
  • At 9:00 AM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    HOLY COW!!!! What a post!

    You are almost done :o) I'd say you could be by the end of October as well. How is your DSIL coming along?

    Your framed pieces are all beautiful. Just beautiful! I'm partial to the velvety matts myself :o)

    And stash to boot! I'm patiently, er, yes patiently waiting for my ornie issue and I have Reading coming along with it too! Woohoo! I like your finishing ideas.

     
  • At 9:02 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Those finished pieces came out so nice! And this double flip project is looking really good. Can't wait to see that one framed up as well.

     
  • At 9:18 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    All of your framed pieces look gorgeous.

    Nice progress on the L*Ks. I love these more and more everytime I see them.

    Nice new stash!

     
  • At 12:05 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    Your framing choices are fantastic!

     
  • At 2:52 PM , Blogger Michele said...

    wow wow wow! your framed pieces are wonderful!! How exciting to have new framed finishes to enjoy on your wall!

    I finished my double flipits last night .. I'll be posting a picture soon .. I really love how it turned out :)

    great new stash!!!

     
  • At 10:22 PM , Blogger J Rae said...

    all the framing looks wonderful!

     
  • At 4:48 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

    Oh my gosh, what incredible framing!! And you're almost done with the L*K project - hooray! It looks wonderful. :D

     
  • At 7:36 AM , OpenID litlaskvis said...

    Oh wow! I love your framed pieces. the velvet matts are so beautiful. I have used a red one once for when I got The Quiltmaker framed. Turned out wonderful.

    Stitching progress is great, and stash is always fun!

     
  • At 12:24 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    I love the mats, especially Snow Ho Ho! Enjoy your stash.

     
  • At 4:23 PM , Blogger Beatrice said...

    The Double flips are so pretty. I'm enjoying the LK Christmas flips.
    Your framed work is terrific and I love all of your nice stash!
    I can't wait to get that Magazine .

     
  • At 12:21 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

    Wow...great finishes! Have fun going through the new JCS...I know I did!

     
  • At 7:05 PM , Blogger Vonna said...

    Look at all those beautifully framed pieces...I'm seriously jealous :) But happy for YOU!

     
  • At 2:53 PM , Blogger sugardoll said...

    Wow! I love all the framed pieces. My fave is the snow ho ho. It's just so cute!

    Nice stash haul too =)

     
  • At 10:31 PM , Blogger Ari_1965 said...

    like the framed pieces.

     
  • At 1:46 PM , Blogger Barb said...

    Your framed pieces look great. Your WIP is progressing right along. I just recently stitched that one and the finisher is dropping it off later today. She made it into a bell pull. I also have a couple of your framed pieces in my to do pile, I'm anxiouse to get going on especially Snow Ho Ho

     
  • At 7:02 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    I love all your framed pieces! Your choice of mats was perfect for each one. I think the travelling pattern is one of my favourites. Can't wait to see your flips all completed. It won't be long now!

     
  • At 3:23 PM , Blogger Stitchingranny said...

    You have been busy and the snowman is just delightful.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home