Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Half way there

Yup, I'm half way done with the Doubleflips, I just finished up Learn last night. As usual, it's wrinkly since I'm stitching in hand. However I'll try to iron it for its next update. Learn went really quick, for a change the frog didn't visit me once on this word. Feels strange to have reached the half way mark, when completed this will be my largest project in quite a long time.

Not much else going on stitching wise. Between work and home it's been quite busy. Overall my furbabies are doing good. Isis (DD's cat pictured earlier) is well and full of energy. DD's two Gecko's are also doing good. In addition, Bug my black and white cat is quite happy just laying in sunbeams. Please excuse the dirt, this is the back door Jaz and everyone tends to go in and out, and as we'd been having some good rain, the mud that was being tracked in/splattered in was more so than normal.
Jazmine is doing well too. However, she's slowing down again, and is acting quite stiff when she gets up, so we may need to try and have her meds adjusted again. Midnight is doing very well. She's put on weight and is getting around great, she's really bounced back from when she was so sick earlier we didn't think she'd make it. Midnight is 14, Bug is 13, and Jazmine is 11, they don't look to bad for their ages do they.

However, the challenge this week is with D'artagnon. He's had a bump on his leg we've been watching, and lately it started to grow. Given where it is on his shin (do cat's have shins?) we couldn't wait to long to take it off, as there isn't much skin there to work with to allow it to heal up. So..this past week he went in to have it removed. What do you think, is this the face of someone who isn't happy? He's almost 18 pounds, and when he's not happy, he makes sure everyone knows. However, in this case I think he has reason to be grumpy, as the actual area cut and stitched is almost 3 inches long.
He's supposed to take it easy, and will go back in 14 days to have the stitches out. The biopsy on what it was isn't back yet, but my fingers are crossed it was just a cyst and not a cancerous growth that may be a sign of other problems. He's getting medicine twice a day (antibiotics and pain meds) and to say he doesn't like them is a significant understatement. I'll be (and so will he) very happy when this is over and he's all healed up.

25 Comments:

  • At 12:03 PM , Blogger Erica said...

    Poor little kitty! I hope he feels better soon, and your biopsy results are good. I have 6 cats of my own, two of them taking daily meds, so I know what you are going through!

     
  • At 12:52 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Looks like your fur-babies are keeping you very busy.

    Hope everyone continues with good health and that D'Artagnon heals up well.

     
  • At 2:13 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    Woohoo! Congrats Sue :o) Your LK is looking awesome.

    Glad the fur babies are well except for D'Artagnon :o( You're right...he does-not-look-happy. I will keep my fingers crossed that everything comes back fine.

     
  • At 3:23 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    Poor D'artagnon! He looks so miserable. Congrats on Learn. Maybe now that things are settling down (hee hee!) I can get some work done and catch up.

     
  • At 3:35 PM , Blogger Redwitch said...

    Awww poor D'artagnon, he does look miffed. I hope he gets better soon!

    Your LK piece is looking great :)

     
  • At 3:43 PM , Blogger Becky K in OK said...

    Loved seeing all your babies. I have only one and he keeps me pretty busy!

     
  • At 4:04 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Your LK piece looks great! It was fun looking at all your furbabies and reading about them.

     
  • At 7:28 PM , OpenID katkiley said...

    Awwwwwwwww, poor kitty. I hope he heals quickly. And I totally understand about giving meds. I'll give them to a dog any day. SO much easier. :)

     
  • At 8:54 AM , Blogger Dawn B. said...

    Great progress. Hope Kitty gets better soon. Glad all others are doing good & good luck with your biopsy results.

     
  • At 1:32 PM , Blogger Sally said...

    Your L*K is looking gorgeous:)

    Hope your kitty is better soon.

     
  • At 8:55 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    I love seeing all your fur babies!
    D'Artagnon does not look impressed at all. Hope the biopsy results are favourable and the healing is quick. There's nothing worse than trying to give meds to a cat.
    Your LK piece is really coming along nicely. Doesn't it feel good when you reach the halfway point?

     
  • At 10:09 PM , Blogger Crazee4books said...

    Hi Sue,

    Aw. Poor D'Artagnon!! He
    certainly does look royally
    pissed off about the whole
    thing, doesn't he?? Hope the
    tests all come back negative.

    Those collar things are a
    wonderful tool for keeping
    the animal from getting at
    their wounds, but they look
    so funny in them too.

    And poor Jaz. Hope that you
    can work things out with her
    meds so she's feeling better
    and is able to move around
    more easily.

    I love seeing pictures of your
    fur babies. They all look like
    such characters.

    Wow, halfway done with the
    double flips. Good for you.
    Its always a good feeling to
    make that milestone.

    Cheers!

     
  • At 10:28 PM , Blogger Stitcher S said...

    Poor kitty! Isn't it tough when our fur babies suffer?

     
  • At 10:42 PM , Blogger claudia said...

    YOu are moving right along on your Double Flips. I really like how that is coming along! I may have to put that on my list of wanna do's. If I ever get back to that kind of stitching again. (I had better get back to it, I have a lot of money invested in cross stitch goodies!)
    The furbabies are all looking good! Poor D'artagnon! He looks so miserable in that collar! Too bad we can't explain to them why we do these things to them! Think they's really understand?? I pray that his surgery is just the cyst. You don't need him to get/be sick.
    I'm almost half way done with my purse. It is going to be simple. I have to practice a lot before I get good at putting all the pockets on a purse where I like to have them...this one will be fine until I figure all that out. Sorry for going on so long here!

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Blogger Barb said...

    Hope your cat heals quickly and the biopsy shows it's benign. He didn't look happy in the picture. Your WIP is looking great

     
  • At 1:56 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Hi, oh your fur-babies are all just adorable. We are owned by two kitty girls and one doggy boy...it sure does hurt when they hurt and we don't know exactly whats wrong with them, doesn't it? I hope D'Artagnon is heeling quickly.

    Love your progress on the LK piece. Woohooo, the halfway mark...you must feel so good about that. I'm about ready to wrap up a stitchy here, just abit more outline detail and then off to the ironing board it goes, and if I've got the right frame, it'll get framed right away too. Always love having another finish to try and find a place on the wall for. LOL

    Happy Stitching!

     
  • At 1:27 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    thanks for the updates on the kitties. No he does NOT look happy, but they never do when they aren't doing well.

    and the double flips project is coming along really well. Don't worry abt the wrinkles. When you work in hand, that's part of the project. You can iron it when you are done. Why iron more than you need to?!?!

     
  • At 2:29 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    Hey Sue! Check out my Blog for an award :o)

     
  • At 4:32 PM , Blogger Bliss said...

    I really liked stitching the double flips. Yours look wonderful.
    Poor puss. I hope there's nothing too serious. Both Gypsy Cat & I here wish the little kitty well.

     
  • At 7:26 PM , Blogger Stitchingranny said...

    lol laughing at the picture of the cat in the sunbeam. Jules moves every 10 minutes during the morning so that she stays in the patch of sunshine as it crosses the room.

     
  • At 11:28 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Lk looks great. Poor kitty-it is very hard to give a cat meds-I recently had some issues myself with my cat.

     
  • At 6:16 PM , Blogger Ranae said...

    zjjfAww! poor kitty. It is best for her to have the collar on. I do hope the biopsy turns out o.k.
    The LK WIP is looking awesome.

     
  • At 8:44 AM , Blogger Hazel said...

    Lovely flips! Even sweeter pets. xx

     
  • At 9:54 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Aw, the poor kitty. Your double flips are looking great! And Midnight makes me want to just give him a big ole hug-beautiful! Thx for commenting on my blog-very nice of you! :)

     
  • At 12:10 PM , Blogger DaisyGirl said...

    I'll keep D'Artagnon in our prayers. I know he doesn't like none of this either. I love all my pets, they are treated like babies(or as my hubby call thems kings and queens of the house)
    Your Flips is looking great!
    Donna

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home