Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Almost another one

Well I didn't quite finish another word this week, but I'm close. Just the bit of decoration under Believe to do and then on to my next word. It's a little bit crooked, but for a change I think the coloring came out closer to its real fabric shade, so I decided to keep it. Not sure why it has some funny shading in it (especially around Love), it isn't there in real life. I'm still enjoying this, even with doing it in hand, and it's moving along well. I should have it done well before the end of the year, which was my original goal.

Thank you all for your well wishes for D'artagnon, he's coming along well. The leg is healing up nicely, and he should be able to get the stitches out and the blue collar off next weekend. We got the results back and it was benign, so that is one less worry. However, they said it was caused by a skin condition, so...it could come back. I'll have to keep an eye on him there and his other legs, and if it appears again the vet said he may need to go to a Dermatologist. I couldn't believe it when I heard it. Who would have thought a vet would specialize in Dermatology for pets? I sure hope this is the last of it, as that sounds like an awful expensive proposition. Also, if it is a skin condition that comes back, even with a dermatologists help, it could be hard to fight. Even with the collar on though he is happier, as he is finally through with the antibiotics he had to take. As several of you mentioned, giving a cat meds is no fun. My oldest cat Midnight gets meds every morning and night, and she's actually pretty good about it. However, D'artagnon was less than cooperative (although he was getting better toward the end). All in all though, I'd rather give meds to Jaz, a dog is so much easier. I tuck it into a bit of bread, roll, or something similar and she swallows it right down, I swear she'll eat anything. :)

20 Comments:

  • At 4:30 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    YAY! You're really coming along :o) How is DSIL doing?

    Good to hear the results were good for D'artagnon. I was watching Man In The Iron Mask today and saw the name on the grave and thought of your kitty :o) Wait! Not a dead kitty! Just that it was his name!

     
  • At 9:48 PM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    Keep up on those flips they're looking great!

     
  • At 11:05 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Looks great!

     
  • At 12:27 AM , Blogger claudia said...

    Flips is flying along! How many words are on it all together? I really like it.
    Good news for D'artagnon. I am always really happy to hear that the furbabies are doing well. Yes, definitely dermatologists. I can see a need for dermatology! Animals seem to get a lot of skin things going on. My critters always seem to get something when they start getting older. The big one is constantly chewing the fur off his back. I have an aloe vera plant in the front yard and I cut leaves off it and slather his back with that. It soothes his skin, and cures what itches him and it is a little bitter, so he doesn't want to chew it. And it is all natural.
    Sorry I got up on my soap box for so long there!

     
  • At 1:06 AM , Blogger Stitcher S said...

    Beautiful work, love this one!

    Glad your kitty is getting better and better.

     
  • At 9:20 AM , Blogger Dawn said...

    I have to agree that i would rather give a dog medicine than a kitty!:)

    Your flips look great!

     
  • At 4:33 PM , Blogger Beatrice said...

    Your flips are looking goooood!

     
  • At 12:37 PM , Blogger Meari said...

    Hey Sue -- There's a surprise on my blog for you :) Have a great day!

     
  • At 11:29 AM , Blogger Lucy said...

    Looks great...the second pic really brought out the nice colors on it.

     
  • At 1:28 PM , Blogger Sally said...

    Your L*Ks are looking wonderful:)

     
  • At 3:24 PM , Blogger Michele said...

    woo hoo! another word one :) It's looking great! Maybe we will both met our deadlines :)

    So glad to hear D'artagnon is doing better!

     
  • At 1:13 AM , Blogger Mylene said...

    Your WIP's is looking great!!

     
  • At 3:24 PM , Blogger Stitchingranny said...

    We never seem to achieve perfection when we take pictures of our work and even if we do they may appear quite different on another computer. I think this is the reason we all love stitching shows, it just so good to see all those pictures in real life - they look so different.

     
  • At 9:57 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Great job on the flips! I have a hard time taking photos of some of my pieces and getting a true colour of the fabric. They turn out differently each time.
    Benign! That's great news! You must be relieved.

     
  • At 4:51 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

    Great stitching progress!

     
  • At 10:14 AM , Anonymous monique said...

    A kitty dermatologist?! I hope your poor boy is feeling better today :)

    Great progress on the flips!

     
  • At 3:07 PM , Blogger Chiara said...

    WOW!! Your stitching is wonderfull!!

     
  • At 8:09 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    LK piece looks awesome. Glad to hear things have improved with your baby!

     
  • At 3:43 PM , Blogger Redwitch said...

    Am late to this, sorry about that, am worried as you haven't posted for a while, hope you are ok?

    The LK looks great :)

     
  • At 8:16 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    The Flip-Its look wonderful - I really need to start these! Poor kitty, I hope his leg gets much better and the trouble doesn't recur.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home