Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Guess what I got

Yup, the traveling pattern landed at my house. It made pretty good time to, as was coming from Wendy in Canada and she just put it in the mail this past Monday. As you can see, I got started right away. It took me a bit to get it kitted up, as wanted to see the original colors listed and such before changing to colors I planned on using, but I've still been able to make a start. I'm doing it on 34 count Legacy Linen in Devonshire Cream. I haven't worked with this linen before, but had a small piece on hand that I had picked up at some point to have on hand to try that was the perfect size. So far I'm loving it, the holes are easy to see (even easier than the 28 ct lambswool I'm doing the Doubleflips on) and it has a nice feel. The creamy color is easy to work with too, as it went quite nicely with the colors of floss I've picked out so far. I'm using Sampler Threads in Midnight for her dress, which her dress being in blues should be no surprise. I'm going to so enjoy working on this design.

The Doubleflips made good headway this week as well. forgive the wrinkly fabric, I didn't take the time to iron either of them before putting them on the scanner. I'm enjoying the colors and feeling like there are lots of finishes in this, each word is kind of a happy dance. It took my whole scanner this time to get the picture, maybe an inch or so of border could be added before I'm out of room but that's it. My camera needs to get its battery replaced (hopefully it is just the battery) soon or I won't be able to show full shots of the Doubleflips in progress.

Jenn asked where I got the info on putting all the doubleflips together. Lizzie Kate has the info on her website, http://www.lizziekate.com/news.html
It is partway down the page in the January 2008 and December 2007 letter section. Sorry I don't how to make the link to an html work, so you'll have to copy paste.

Doubleflips is being done as a SAL with my DSIL Kim. I may get to see her a bit again next weekend, it will be fun to compare progress again in person. This one won't get as much attention while I'm working on My Needle and Floss. However, Kim will be using the time to either catch up to where I'm at or working on her other project, Bent Creek's Red Thread.

I don't have many wildlife pictures to post like some of you, as I'm in the city so just don't get as much. However, did see this cute little guy in my back yard yesterday. Can you see his little face almost right in the middle? I always take my cell phone with me when I walk Jaz, just in case, so had it with me to take a picture. When we got back from our walk, Jaz scooted into the back and sat under the tree. I couldn't figure out what she was watching at first. However, after looking closer I spotted him. Originally he was further down, but with both Jaz and me there he decided to move up the tree a bit. Isn't he a cutie? Click the picture to see a larger image. He was actually closer than this looks, but between my cell phone giving a feel of more distance due to the way it takes pictures, and his not being very big, he looks further away than he really was.

18 Comments:

  • At 10:05 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    Oh nice! I LOVE the blue :o) This will be a fun one to watch progress as well.

    You really did do a lot on your SAL and you are definitely ahead of your DSIL ;o)

    Is that a raccoon maybe?

     
  • At 10:12 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

    The pattern is going to look so nice in that blue color. Your speeding along on the double flip its! Thanks for the info. I'm off to the L*K site to print it out.

     
  • At 10:15 PM , Blogger claudia said...

    That racoon is so cute! We get them here, and they get pretty close to us. You see, we are the intruders here, sothey take a different stance. I have to keep my dogs in at night, otherwise there would be fights going on. It's hard to tell who would be the winners there!
    Your stitching is coming along nicely. I like the start of your traveling pattern. The colors should be great!
    I have played bowling, baseball, tennis, golf and boxing on my Wii. Last night my two daughters who are at home and I had a "game" night. It was fun. I was pretty sore after my first time playing the game when I got it, but I have tempered myself. I can see myself going overboard in the future though, it is just too much fun!

     
  • At 10:53 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    The flips are turning out very beautiful!!

    Love the little 'coon in the tree.

    As for the noise ... Steve was on business travel and just as I was falling asleep I SWEAR I heard noise in the house. Had to go check it out and of course, it was nothing, but it surely sounded like someone was walking around. LOL

     
  • At 10:56 PM , Blogger Ranae said...

    oh! How lucky you are to get the traveling pattern, the blue dress is going to look great.
    You have made great progress with LK.
    Cute little bandit there.

     
  • At 5:02 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

    Oh, I just LOOOOVE Legacy Linen. :D

    Your start on the Sisterhood pattern is great. What a wonderful blue that is! Can't wait to see more!

     
  • At 5:30 AM , Blogger Kitty said...

    Your stitching is looking great :)

    If you want to be able to keep scanning the doubleflips you could try using Panostitcher (google is your friend) to 'stitch' two scanned piccies together. The trick is keeping the piece straight when you move it to scan the next section, then just load the two pics into the software and it'll stitch them together for you. I've used it several times with great results.

     
  • At 12:49 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    Great progress with the double flips. I definitely have to get to work! I've been sneaking in some stitching on something that I cannot show so no progress pics. :(

     
  • At 5:53 PM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    Great new start and the double flips are coming along great!

     
  • At 9:05 PM , Blogger Crazee4books said...

    Hi Sue,

    Nice start on Sisterhood. It's
    always fun to see what each
    person is going to do with the
    design to make it their own.

    I didn't realize that each
    person who's stitched this has
    signed the chart before sending
    it on to the next person. Then
    Wendy put the info and picture
    on her blog. That is so cool.

    Your Lizzie Kate flip-it is
    looking great too, and you're
    really making great progress on
    it. A true feel good design.

    Aw, look at that little fella
    peeking out through the leaves.
    They're so cute. Little devils
    at times, but definitely cute!

    It will be interesting to see
    what some stitchers decide to
    do with the new CCN Needlework
    Shop, and the others in this
    series.

    Cheers!

     
  • At 10:09 AM , Blogger Hazel said...

    Well done you - I'm so jealous lol. Love your flippit. Lovely colours. xx

     
  • At 11:55 AM , Blogger Lucy said...

    I love the doubleflips!!!

     
  • At 9:46 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Your stitching is coming along nicely. The double flips project is beautiful. I can't wait to see that done.

    and you do realize there are TWO racoons in that tree! Jaz was probably hoping one would fall out! LOL

     
  • At 8:55 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    Great Sue - you started the Sisterhood pattern! A blue dress is going to look lovely. And the more I see the L*K' Flip-its, the more I want to start on mine.

    p.s. Welcome to the Sisterhood!!

     
  • At 9:15 AM , Blogger Kathy A. said...

    Oh lovely progress on The Sisterhood. Would you please include me name in the drawing for it's next travels. Thank you
    Your Lizzie Kate's look wonderful. They sure are nice stitched up.

     
  • At 1:44 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Good start to your travelling pattern. That blue is beautiful. Of course, I'm partial to blues!
    The LK is really moving along. Have you seen the Christmas ones yet?
    Is that a baby raccoon? He looks so tiny up there!

     
  • At 2:09 PM , Blogger Sally said...

    Nice start on the travelling chart:) Looking forward to seeing this one. I love the fabric you're using.

    Your L*Ks are looking gorgeous!

     
  • At 6:47 AM , Blogger Dawn B. said...

    Both WIP are great. happy stitching

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home