Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Awards, pictures, and a new start

It's been a while since a I did a mid-week post, but if I wait till this weekend my entry will be a mile long. First off I can't believe I've been nominated by four people for awards lately. I received the from both Dawn and Sachiko

and then I received the
from Noreen and Veronica

I wanted to tell these ladies thank you so much for the awards. I love reading blogs of others, but am constantly surprised that people would enjoy reading mine. Comments are always so welcome, and an award is as they say icing on the cake. However, I really can't narrow down the blogs I read to just a couple, as I love following all your blogs. And, I've noticed most of you have already received one if not both of these awards already. So I hope I won't upset anyone if I don't pass these on to any specific blogs, I want to tell you I'm awarding these to all the blogs in my blog line, as well as those blogs I visit regularly and haven't gotten around to adding yet, and if you haven't received one so far, please consider one awarded to you and post it on your blog.

I've also been experimenting with my Camera. I got an adorable little Blue Fujifilm FinePix Z10fdIsn't it adorable? I still am learning what I'm doing. For example I took quite a few pictures, then couldn't figure out why I couldn't see them. I tried everything. Then...I went back to the directions. Seems that you press once to focus and a second time to actually take the picture. So, looks like I got lots of practice focusing, LOL. Anyway, through trial and error (mainly error so far) I have the following pictures to present.

First off is my Stitch collection, although I forgot to put the Stitch videos in the grouping. The top Stitch is the Stitch on my sweatshirt that I got as a birthday present from my DSIL Kim. Then I have my big Stitch and three smaller Stitches. The tiny Stitch on big Stitch's head is actually a decoration. However, he actually hangs on the side of my stitching basket. Aren't they cute, and they are all such a lovely blue, do you see a pattern here. :) I also have a Tigger collection, hmm guess I'm a kid a heart do you think?

Next up is my newest start Joyful Summer by Country Cottage Needleworks. I'm doing it on 28 ct Little Boy Blue Linen with a combination of Crescent Colours and DMC.
This is what it will look like done Isn't it an awesome piece? I so love the colors, so bright, and fun, and.....blue :)

Finally I'll leave you with a picture of my invisible cat, Isis Even though she's been living with me a year now (she's actually my DD's cat) she still is such a skittish cat that many times you don't even see her. If she wants attention, it is always on her timetable, don't even try to pick her up. However, she can be a real snuggler on occasion, especially at around 3 in the morning when she's awake and thinks that she'd love to have her head rubbed, so she curls up on my head purring and licking my ear or eyelids. Boy, talk about waking up quick. Needless to say she can't quite figure out why I'm not honored that she is going to let me pet her and looks totally insulted if I push her away so I can roll over and go back to sleep.

Hope you're all having a good week, and this weekend I'll post my finish of My Needle and My Floss. Yup it's done, and I love it.

14 Comments:

  • At 1:02 AM , Blogger claudia said...

    Looks like you've gotten thehangof that camera pretty good. It takes great pictures. I need to update mine, but itlooks like I will have to wait til I win the lottery!
    I love your stitch collection. My YD gave me a big stitch like yours one time when she had done something wrong and didn't want to get yelled at. I totally forgot to chastise her for her wrongdoing becaseu Ilove Stitch so much. She's a smart girl, that one!

     
  • At 6:52 AM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    I love your new start! This is such a pretty design.
    Cant wait to see my needle and my floss finished :)

     
  • At 7:22 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Congratulations on your awards!

    Your stitch collection is brilliant!

    Love your new start. It's such a bright cheerful piece:)

     
  • At 7:41 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

    That picture of Stitch on your sweatshirt is my favorite of him!!! I'm going to have to see if I can find it too. I"ll have to take a picture of my Stitch stuff and send it to you.

    I love your new start it's such a pretty piece.

     
  • At 12:42 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

    Oh I love your Stitch collection! Great start on the new piece.

    I had to laugh at Isis licking your eyelids in the AM. We had a kitty that would not let you go to sleep until she cleaned both of our faces, including eyelids!

     
  • At 2:10 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    Wow, what a great start you have on Summer Joy. I didn't realize you had a stitch collection quite as large as you do.

     
  • At 5:12 PM , Blogger Redwitch said...

    Love Tigger, I was brought up reading Winnie the Pooh and love Eeyore :) I'm new to Stitch though, he's cute!

    Congrats on your awards :)

    Lovely new start! The kitty looks like butter wouldn't melt!

     
  • At 6:45 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    LOL! Love your Stitch collection :o)

    Electronics are fun aren't they :oS

    Your new project is beautiful! I love the Little Boy Blue fabric.

    Congrats on the awards :o)

     
  • At 7:13 PM , Blogger Stitchingranny said...

    Love the new start. This one is on my wish list as I love the fresh, clean simplicity of it.

     
  • At 10:32 PM , Anonymous Sachiko said...

    Congrats both on your awards.

    Your stitch collection is lovely!I ilke stitch,too and tigger.
    My daughters also like he.

    Your new start stitch is so beautiful colors!I can't wait on your finish.

     
  • At 3:21 PM , Blogger Michele said...

    congrats on the awards .. they are fun to get :)

    and I love your Stitch collection :) Now I want to see the Tigger collection .. I'm a big Pooh collector/fan myself :)

    I'm stitching Joyful Summer too .. it's a delight isn't it :)

    enjoy the new camera .. does it come in red?? lol

     
  • At 5:36 PM , Blogger Ranae said...

    Pretty CCN new start. The new camera takes great photo's.
    Love the Stitch stuff.
    Congrats! on the awards
    BTW I love how your blog loads so fast.

     
  • At 5:50 PM , Blogger sugardoll said...

    Nice camera. That is something my MIL can't get, that you have to first press for focus and then press harder to take picture LOL. The digital cameras this days are amazing, they are so cheap and they take very beautiful pics.

    I do love that summer wip, how cute is that?!

    Your Isis is like the cat we had to leave back in santa maria. We can only have one pet in the apartment. =(

     
  • At 11:06 PM , Blogger rose_michelle said...

    I gave you the Brilliante Weblog Award then stopped by to see you'd already gotten it ... well you deserve it, so I'm sticking by my decision!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home