Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Almost there and a new toy

Well my entry title and this picture should say it all. I can't wait to finish this and get it framed up, I'm loving how it is turning out. The words have been the biggest challenge so far. First, it took me quite a bit to get the color I wanted figured out, so a bit of stitching and unstitching there, and then the frog came to visit so many times on the counting I couldn't believe it. I can't remember the last pattern I had so much difficulty keeping my counting straight, and it wasn't that difficult. Only thing I can think of I was trying to stitch in the evening when I was tired, not a particularly good combination. If it wasn't for the stitching, frogging, and restitching of the letters, I'd have been done by now. Oh well, with just the bottom to add in, I'll be done by next weekend. So next Sun. is when I'm planning on being able to post my finish, as well as announce who the pattern will be going off to next on its journey.

No pictures of my cute Stitch sweatshirt or any other goodies that require a camera instead of the scanner, as my camera still didn't want to work. I took it to the camera shop, and they said it wasn't the battery (tried a brand new one and nothing), but rather something else that knows there is a battery and a power source. So, getting a new battery would not fix the problem. They also said with the age of the camera, and difficulty getting parts (assuming they could get the part when they figured out what was wrong) etc.. it would probably cost almost as much to fix than just getting a new one, and a new one would have a warranty whereas my old one could have something else go wrong next week and I'd be in the same fix. So...I now have a new toy. They had a cute little Fujifilm FinePix camera on sale. It is supposed to be easy to learn to use, and it came in a beautiful blue. :)
In addition, it takes the same picture card my other camera did, so I didn't need to get a new one of those. However, easy still means I need to learn how to use it, and how to get the pictures off of it and into my computer to upload to show off. So far I've figured out how to get the battery out and charged up in its little charger and back into the camera. Hopefully by next week I'll have figured out a bit more and have some fun pictures to show off.

Well off to catch up on some chores, and then I have a family reunion to go to tomorrow, so won't be able to catch up on your blogs for a couple days, however, I will catch up.

28 Comments:

  • At 6:19 PM , Blogger Kathryn said...

    I know that most new cameras come with some sort of cord that you can use to attach the camera to the computer and upload the pictures that way, but I find the easiest way is to buy a Multicard Reader. I have one that is smaller than a package of gum. It hooks up to your computer via a USB slot. I can take the SD card out of the camera, put it in the SD card reader slot and the file of pictures on the card shows up on the desktop. A use Adobe Photoshop to process my pictures, but there a lot of easier and cheap photo processing programs (like iPhoto) that you can also use. It also means when you change your camera, you don't need to find a new cord to hook it to the computer. This is not the one I have, but it is similar.

    http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-SDDR-99-ImageMate-Reader-Package/dp/B00064V6SK/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1217110547&sr=8-2

     
  • At 6:22 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    Congratulations on the new toy!


    Your stitching is turning out very cute. How many people are participating in the go-round?

     
  • At 9:31 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    I love the colors of the words! Good luck on playing with your camera.

     
  • At 3:53 AM , Blogger Jenna said...

    Ooooh, she's looking wonderful! I love watching all of these iterations come to life, especially with the colors everyone has chosen. Have fun playing with your new toy!

     
  • At 4:10 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    She looks fab! Congrats on your new toy!

     
  • At 5:39 AM , Blogger Nicki said...

    It's looking great! I love the colours you chose. I'm not sure if I've asked before, but could I go in the drawing for the pattern please? :)

     
  • At 6:01 AM , Blogger Redwitch said...

    She's looking great and you'll be done in no time!

    Good luck getting to know your new camera. look forward to seeing the results :)

     
  • At 10:41 AM , Blogger claudia said...

    Traveling pattern looks great! All the colors are perfect. Congratulations on the new toy. I am sure you will have that thing figured out in no time at all! Hope you had fun at the reunion today.

     
  • At 12:57 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

    This looks great!!! Wow, you're very nearly finished...

     
  • At 1:42 PM , Blogger Chiloe said...

    I have a fine pix too : have fun with yours. Mine is very easy to use.

     
  • At 2:41 PM , Blogger Ulla said...

    Wow I like you colour choice now,You have got a wonderful contrast beetween dark and light colours.
    The travelling pattern is such a good pattern with many possibilities.I wish i could be the next one in this travelling of the pattern.

    Good luck with the embroideries also in the future.

     
  • At 4:35 PM , Blogger Itching To Stitch said...

    This looks great ;)

     
  • At 5:08 PM , Blogger Crazee4books said...

    Hi Sue,

    A new camera! What fun!! Hope
    it turns out to be easy to use.
    I'm looking forward to seeing
    your Stitch sweat shirt.

    I had to go back and look at
    that picture of the raccoon,
    and because I was looking for
    two masked faces I had no
    trouble spotting the second
    one at all. So cute.

    My Needle and My Floss is
    looking really good and I do
    like the colours that you've
    chosen for it. The blue for
    the dress is so pretty, and
    I really like the way the
    lettering is turning out, with
    the thread you've chosen for
    it.

    Sorry to hear that those
    pesky frogs were back to
    bug you for awhile. Hopefully
    they've moved on...but not
    to here.

    Hope you're having a great
    weekend and the weather has
    been good for you. It's
    been warm and dry here,
    although we had storms all
    around us yesterday. No
    rain, just lots of thunder.

    Wonder what you're going
    to stitch next??? Hmmm....

    Cheers!

     
  • At 5:57 PM , Blogger Mylene said...

    She's looking beautiful!!

     
  • At 10:12 PM , Blogger Chiasmata said...

    Nice almost finish! I always have frogging trouble with letters too. I really like the colours you've chosen.

    I had a similar problem with my old camera - something that dealt with the battery packed up, and it was cheaper to get a new one. I use a card reader to get photos off my camera too. It's a lot easier and quicker than using cables and camera software.

     
  • At 11:53 PM , Blogger Michele said...

    Oh she's lovely! It's really turning out great! Can't wait to see her finished :)

    How fun, a new camera! Can't wait to see the pictures it takes :)

     
  • At 11:44 AM , Blogger Becky K in OK said...

    She's a darling lady. Can't wait to see the finished and framed project.

     
  • At 12:01 PM , Blogger C in DC said...

    It looks great!

    Can I please be included on your list for the drawing for the pattern?

    Thanks, C

     
  • At 1:15 PM , Blogger Lelia said...

    enjoy your new toy! wonderful project & i cannot wait to see it all stitched up. Looks great : )

     
  • At 2:18 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Yeah on the new camera!! You can either take out the memory card and insert it into the computer or you can get a cord that attaches to the computer and also attaches to the camera. this is what I use. Of course we want to see pics of the camera as well! Take it in the mirror! LOL

    and I'm loving this project! You are doing such a nice job, I'm really loving the colors you've chosen for her.

     
  • At 11:33 AM , OpenID katkiley said...

    Love this pattern and I love the color choices you made.
    Have fun with your new toy, er, camera. :)

     
  • At 11:56 AM , Blogger Dawn B. said...

    You are funny about the learning of the camera. Thanks for the giggle. Have fun with your new, Blue toy. The stitching looks great.

     
  • At 1:52 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

    Your Sisterhood piece looks great - I love the colour changes you have made. Sorry to hear the frog took his turn with you though. I hope he decides to move on when the pattern is off to the next stitcher.

     
  • At 4:49 PM , Blogger Stitchingranny said...

    I thought I could count until I learnt to stitch. Now I know that counting to two can cause difficulties and anything over that can be a complete nightmare. Lets hope those darling little frogs have now hopped all the way back to their ponds and will happily stay put for a while.

     
  • At 8:39 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    Sisterhood is looking fantastic! You did well choosing the colors :o)

    Glad to hear about your new toy. It's funny how the instructions seem so easy but when you actually try them out, things never work out :oS Good luck!

     
  • At 1:31 PM , Blogger Sally said...

    She is looking wonderful. You are stitching her up so quickly:)

    Have fun with your new camera.

     
  • At 12:53 PM , Blogger Carol R said...

    Please add me into your draw for the pattern.

    Your stitching/blog is great!

     
  • At 2:43 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

    Beautiful almost finish! I'd love to be entered for the drawing for it, if I'm not too late!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home