Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Progress and Frogs

Not a lot to show this week. I'm stitching, but they just don't seem to be moving along very quickly. However, I'm beginning to think they may all get done about the same time, and then I'll have three finishes to celebrate, not all bad. All pictures are clickable for more detail (especially on my cute frog fob).

I haven't done anymore work on my Indigo Rose piece, which just needs the pincushion to be made and then the finishing. I really need to get back to this one, as it looks so pretty finished up. My DSIL Kim finished hers this past week and I think it looks beautiful. You'll want to hop over to her blog and see how lovely it is. Hopefully mine will look halfway near as good when I'm done, Kim is a lot better at finishing than I am.

It didn't get posted before, so I'll show it off now. At Easter Kim gave me an adorable little frog scissor fob she'd made. She'd made me a little frog tin for my stitching a while ago, so now I have a set. Aren't they adorable? My theory is that if I have cute little decorative frogs around, the real ones that aren't half as cute will want to stay away from my stitching nook. Doesn't always work, but I keep hoping.

My lunch piece, Cardinal, did make a little more progress, the snowflakes in the corners are done, now I just need to do the three little trees in each of the borders. Not sure why the picture turned out so dark this time, it is much lighter in real life. The picture in my last post is much more true to its real colors.
This one may get done by next weekend if the week stays quiet at work and I can get some lunch stitching in.

Snow Ho Ho also got a nice bit started on his border, it is almost a third done now.
I still love this piece, and think it is fun the way they designed it so that it looks like he is winking. It does feel a bit odd though working on a snowman with the nicer weather and sun we are finally having.

Thank you all so much for your well wishes for Midnight. She's doing much better. We still don't know what the problem was, the vet treated her for a number of possibilities and something clicked as she's much improved. She still is moving slowly, as her back and joints seem to still be causing discomfort. However, she's starting to jump short distances again, so hopefully the arthritis medicine we started her on will help with that. So now both Midnight and Jazmine are taking arthritis medicine daily. It isn't fun getting old. My fur babies are Midnight 14, Bug 13, Jazmine 11, D'artagnon 10, and my DD's cat Isis is 2 (guess who the insane one is in the group, LOL). Jazmine and Bug have always been close, but they got closer when we lost Sasha last fall. Here is a picture of the two of them. I tried to catch them when Bug was rolling around and actually cuddling under Jazmine's chin between her front paws. However, by the time I got there with the camera, he'd moved off a bit.

We'll I'm off for errands, which for a change I can do in the sunshine. Hope everyone has a great week.

26 Comments:

  • At 1:03 PM , Blogger Redwitch said...

    Glad to hear your pussy cat is improving, sending positive thoughts her way :)

    Lovely stitching on the snowman and the cardinal and very cute frogs! I hope they work for you!

     
  • At 5:54 PM , Blogger Irene said...

    Love the stitching progress. The frogs are so cute. Glad to hear Midnight is feeling better.

     
  • At 6:12 PM , Blogger Doris said...

    i love the frogs!

    i am glad that midnigth feel well.
    hugs

     
  • At 6:54 PM , Blogger Dawn B. said...

    Love the Kitties and the progress is good. Cute little froggie stuff. We must have been on the same wave this week. Check out my blog and you will see what I mean...LOL

     
  • At 9:46 PM , Blogger claudia said...

    Every time I see Snow Ho Ho, I chuckle because the weather is nice out and it does seem funny that you are doing a snowy themed thing! But hey! I get it!
    Everything is looking great. I am glad to hear that Midnight is improving! That gives you a lot of relief I bet!

     
  • At 11:34 PM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    That frog stitching set is just adorable!

    You've gotten so much done on your snow man!

     
  • At 10:48 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

    That frog fob is adorable but I WANT that tin!!! OMG it is so cute!!

    The cardinal and SnowHoHo are coming along really well. You really will be done with them soon.

    Ok HOW on earth I missed reading abt Midnight I have no clue, but I'm SO happy that she's doing better. It's hard when all the furbabies start to grow old around the same time. We just went thru it and it is TOUGH. Glad that Bug and Jasmine get along so well and have each other. Funny how they are a dog and a cat, but it just goes to show you that you don't have to be the same to show love.

     
  • At 11:00 AM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    Snow Ho Ho is looking awesome! The colors are so cheerful. No wonder you're enjoying working on him :o) The cardinal will be done in no time!

    Your frog tin and fob are too cute! Your DSIL does a lovely job.

    That's wonderful that Midnight is feeling better. You must be SO relieved!

     
  • At 2:06 PM , Blogger Stitchingranny said...

    Some nice progress there.

    I saw Kims finish and its lovely so will look forward to seeing yours too.

    I adore frogs and both the tin and the fob can come to my house anytime, they are just too too cute.

     
  • At 3:37 PM , Blogger Carol said...

    What a cute tin! I will send you that freebie you inquired about :-)

     
  • At 3:42 PM , Blogger Barb said...

    I love the Cardinal and Snowman pieces. Glad to hear your cat is improving. Cute picture of the two cats. So far I've been lucky with my cat. He's 15 1/2 and seems to be very healthy yet.

     
  • At 4:16 PM , Blogger Carto said...

    Hey Sweetie!

    I hope your puddy tats are ok..and by the sounds of it, they seem to be on the mend.

    I'm so sorry for not responding to your kind thoughts and well wishes over the last few months. Thank you so much for 'sticking' with me. I'm really sorry if I've come across as cold and uncaring by not replying. You're a true friend Sue, I hope I can make it up to you.

    Much love xxxxxx

     
  • At 5:39 PM , Blogger catandturtle said...

    I love your frog fob and your cats are really sweet.

     
  • At 7:34 AM , Blogger Sachiko said...

    Thanks sharing your progress.
    Frogs are very lovely!!

     
  • At 10:57 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Oh wow what a cute tin and your WIPs are looking fantastic!

    Good to hear that Midnight is getting better.

     
  • At 11:35 AM , Blogger Lelia said...

    Very nice frog tin & fob! Lovely stitching on your red bird & Christmas piece. Oh,your cat picture is adorable : )

     
  • At 3:18 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

    Your kitties are so pretty! :D

    And so is your stitching! I particularly like your cardinal piece.

     
  • At 8:51 PM , Blogger Crazee4books said...

    Hi Sue,

    I am so sorry to hear that your kitty Midnight hasn't been well, and gave you a bit of a scare. I'm glad that she seems to be making a steady improvement and hope that it continues.

    You've got quite the menagerie there with four cats and a dog. Does Jaz feel a bit outnumbered??? Love the picture of her and Bug together. How sweet that they're the best of friends. I love seeing pictures of your fur babies.

    Snow Ho Ho is really look fantastic. The blue boarder is a very pretty colour and has a nice variegation to it. I've seen a few Waxing Moon designs being stitched around the community lately and I'm thinking I need to add a few of these charts to my stash collection. I like you're version of this design better then the one featured on the designer's web site. Are you using the recommended threads/fabric??

    I love your Indigo Rose piece too and am looking forward to seeing it all put together. I had to smile when I saw that your initials are SEW. Kind of appropriate, don't you think??? :)

    Hope that you've had some Spring type weather in your area at last. We're hoping that we've seen the last of the snow, but it's rare that we don't get some snow fall in April, even if it doesn't stick around for long. Most of the snow that we did have is now gone, and good riddance to it too!

    I was taught to play cribbage by my dad, and we use to play together. I'll always associate that card game with him and it brings back happy memories when I play.

    Cheers

     
  • At 9:02 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Poor Midnight! It's so hard when our pets are ill and not able to tell us what's wrong. Glad to hear she's improving.
    Your WIP are all looking great. Love that snowman!

     
  • At 9:27 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

    I just love the frog tin!! Wonderful job on it:)

     
  • At 3:21 PM , Blogger Isabelle said...

    Lovely stitching, Sue, and it was very nice to see your pets again! :)
    The frogs are adorable.

     
  • At 12:31 PM , Blogger Stitcher S said...

    The progress is wonderful!

    So glad your kitty is doing better.

    Take care.

     
  • At 3:17 PM , Anonymous June said...

    Great news that Midnight is feeling better!! :)

    I like the little frog set - very, very pretty.

     
  • At 8:01 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    Wonderful tin and fob! Kim did a great job putting them together. Your stitching is coming along too!

    And I always love to see pictures of the fur babies :-D

     
  • At 9:15 AM , Blogger Hazel said...

    Glad to hear your cat is feeling better. Mine isn't well at the moment either. Nice froggie tin and scissor fob. I like that idea about keeping the frogs away. xx

     
  • At 4:07 PM , Anonymous monique said...

    Cute, cute frog tin!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home