Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Saturday, April 12, 2008

A finish and almost another

I finally have a finish, may I present
Cardinal in Winter Quilt Ornament
Handblessings Patterns
28ct Thyme Jobelan
The actual pattern came with a silver charm. However, since I planned on doing this a couple of times for Christmas ornaments/presents I'd picked up a gold one as well. I had the more gold floss next to me when I went to attach the charm so decided to put the gold one on this one and I'll use the silver one when I do it the next time. The other changes I made were using regular DMC for the snow instead of the perle cotton listed, and I switched the material that was called for. Over all, only minor changes. This was a fun piece, and was a really nice lunch project given its large blocks of color. Now I just need to get organized and actually turn it into an ornament. With this done, I'll need to start another lunch project, what a hardship huh. :)

I've also made some decent progress on Snow Ho Ho. I have the border half way done, so maybe by the end of next weekend I'll have another finish to post. Here's how he looks now.
Surprisingly enough, I'm still enjoying working on the border, it has made for a nice relaxing stitch when I work on it in the evening.

Still haven't finished the Indigo Rose piece, so no pictures of that. However, here are a couple of my furbabies. Isis was "helping" me take pictures. However, that attraction quickly grew old and she now seems to be saying ok now what do we do.

At the moment I'm her only option for entertainment, as the rest of my four footed household was following Bug's lead I was going to try and get pictures of them all, but my moving around was starting to disturb them, and from the look in D'artagon's eyes they really wanted me to stop with the noise and movement. His favorite nap place is the footstool. No pictures of my oldest Midnight, as she was curled up asleep under a desk by a heat vent and I really didn't want to bother her. She's doing about the same, better than when she went to the doctor originally, but still not "normal". She had a check up today and she'd lost a bit more weight, but other than that seemed to be doing ok (at least no fever). She was a little dehydrated, so they gave her some fluids and they started her on a different pain medicine to see if it would help her, which might also get her to eat more. So we'll see how that does.

Actually seeing them all napping on an dreary, overcast and drizzly day like today it looks like a good idea, maybe I'll join them. :)

22 Comments:

  • At 4:08 PM , Anonymous monique said...

    Nice cardinal finish! Your kitties are sweet :)

     
  • At 5:21 PM , Blogger Dee said...

    The cardinal ornament is gorgeous.

    You are right. D'artagnon looks like he would really like you to give him some peace and quiet (and no photos too).

     
  • At 6:26 PM , Blogger Ari_1965 said...

    Okay, I get the wink now.

     
  • At 6:42 PM , Blogger Lelia said...

    Very nice cardinal : ) It is just lovely : )

    Nearly finished with your Winter project - just in time for Spring ... we have snow in the forecast, again. What is with that???

    Your pet photos are always a treat. I swear I have more pix of pets than family members!

    Enjoy your week-end.

     
  • At 8:03 PM , Blogger tkdchick said...

    Congrats on your little finish and i look forward to your next one!

    Love the kitty pics!

     
  • At 9:50 PM , Blogger Itching To Stitch said...

    Congratulations on the Cardinal ornament finish, it came out beautiful ;)

     
  • At 4:01 AM , Blogger Bliss said...

    Hi there! Thanks for sending me anniversary wishes. I love your black cat. I had one that looked just like it for many year. I have a piece of fabric to give away & thought you might like to know about it. It's a Canadian-based design with maple leaves etc. Have a look. Put your name in the hat!

     
  • At 12:17 PM , Anonymous June said...

    Very pretty finish, and you're doing great on Snow Ho Ho!

    I love the pics of your furbabies. :) Glad to hear that Midnight is doing a bit better - hope she is 100% again really soon.

     
  • At 12:20 PM , Blogger Dawn B. said...

    Great finsih and the snow HO Ho is looking good too. I wished I could be a kitty atleast for one full day of rest...LOL

     
  • At 8:13 AM , Blogger Sally said...

    Your cardinal finish is lovely and Snow Ho Ho is growing fast now.

    Love the pics of your kitties:)

    Karen and I are using different colours on Sea Stars. The chart is charted for mostly green and blue but we both wanted something more colourful. Karen is using Carrie's Creations and I'm using DMC Variations.

     
  • At 3:35 PM , Blogger sugardoll said...

    How did my cat get over there? LOL They are cute.

    Your ornie is cute!

     
  • At 2:46 PM , Blogger Michele said...

    Cardinal is lovely! How are you going to finish him? Snow Ho Ho is coming along great! I do love that border :)

    Thanks for sharing pictures of your furbabies .. cute cute cute

     
  • At 9:47 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    What I wouldn't give to have a cat's life right now! Napping sounds like an excellent idea.
    Your cardinal is so pretty and Snow Ho Ho looks fantastic! You've really been motoring along on these. Can't wait to see your next start.

     
  • At 1:20 AM , Blogger Sachiko said...

    Congratulations on ornament finish!
    Snowman is very cute,too!
    Of course,your cats are very lovely!!I love cat!

     
  • At 9:11 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    Cute finish and nice progress on your snowman. Your kitties are adorable.

     
  • At 11:13 AM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    Sue- The cardinal really looks cute. I do love that Thyme fabbie that you put him on. The border is moving along too! Great job!

     
  • At 8:18 PM , Blogger DaisyGirl said...

    Hope your kitty starts to feel better soon. I hate it when my babies get sick. Your cardinal looks great!
    Donna

     
  • At 12:57 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

    Cats do know when to take a nap, don't they? :)

    Love your finished cardinal, and the snowman is coming along so well!

     
  • At 10:34 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    The cardinal is very nice! Glad you have a finish. And give those furbabies a squeeze for me. They are too cute!!!

     
  • At 11:18 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

    Your cardinal ornament is lovely and your furbabies are adorable :)

     
  • At 7:49 PM , Blogger Pumpkin said...

    Lovely finish Sue :o) And your Ho Ho is just striking! The colors are so bright and cheerful. No wonder you are enjoying working on him.

    Love the pictures of the furbabies :o)

     
  • At 4:07 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

    I just love the cardinal - how pretty it will be when it becomes an ornament! Keep up the good work on "Snow Ho" and love on those kitties for me too!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home