Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Finally he's finished

I don't know where the last two weeks have gone. It seems I haven't been able to get anything done other than what has to be dealt with. I apologize to you all, I'm so far behind on reading and posting on your blogs. It just seems to have been all I can do to put one foot in front of the other lately.

Fortunately Snow Ho Ho was pretty much done except for fill in work on the border, pretty much a no brainer, which is about how my brain has been functioning in the evening lately. So I'd like to present my finish

This design in by Waxing Moon and he's done on 28ct Denim Jobelan. For the most part I followed the pattern, other than using 2 stands instead of the recommended three. Three stands are so difficult for me to get to lay so that I'm happy with them, and it then it gets so that I'm spending more time being frustrated with how my stitching looks than enjoying it, which is not the point at all. Therefore, I went with two strands other than for his nose, cheeks, and eye. These I did with three, partly as I started there thinking I would do the whole pattern in three strands as recommended and then was to lazy to frog it all out when I switched to two strands, and partly as I liked the slightly puffy effect it gives that area compared to the rest of him. Since a snowman would have eyes (or as shown here an eye) of coal, and a carrot nose and such, I think it gives a bit of a hint of 3-D effect he'd have in real life.

While I have a couple new projects kitted, no new start as yet to show. Hopefully I'll have something new soon. Although, I still need to do the pin cushion and finishing on my Necessaire, and I have a couple other WIP's I could (should?) spend some time on as well (Trick or Treat Mice and Flower Dragons come to mind). And hmmmm, seems I have a single sock knitted that at some point would really like to have its mate, and then I could actually wear it.

Thanks for all the continuing well wishes for Midnight. She's still hanging in there. We've been back to the vets a couple of times for fluids and new meds, so are pretty much just taking it one day at a time. There was sun for a bit today, and I did manage to get her to leave the corner in my bedroom she's been spending her time in for a brief time. Actually I moved her and then I think she just didn't want to move back at the moment, but at least she had a bit of something different to look at for a while.She blinked when the flash went off, but I think she looks pretty comfortable at least for the moment.

I'm hoping to get to your blogs soon, but now I'm off to do some laundry, clean cloths for the week would probably be a good thing.

25 Comments:

  • At 3:48 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

    Snow Ho HO looks fantastic!! You did a great job:)

     
  • At 3:50 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

    I'm glad Midnight seems to be doing okay. And congratulations on your very cute finish.

    As for putting one foot in front of the other ... there are times in life when that really is an achievement to be proud of.

     
  • At 3:57 PM , Anonymous June said...

    Well done on Snow Ho Ho - it looks great! :)

    So glad to hear that Midnight is doing a bit better. Give her a big kitty-hug!

     
  • At 4:15 PM , Blogger Itching To Stitch said...

    Congratulations on the finish. I'm glad Midnight is hanging in there ;)

     
  • At 5:19 PM , Blogger CritterLady62 said...

    Snow Ho Ho looks good! I hope Midnight is feeling better. Some of that warm sun should go a long way (at least it does for me:P )

     
  • At 7:32 PM , Blogger Ari_1965 said...

    After you finish your laundry, will you come over and do mine?

     
  • At 10:23 PM , Blogger Stitchingranny said...

    Congratulations on a beautiful finish. He looks so happy.

     
  • At 10:36 PM , Blogger Chiasmata said...

    Snow Ho Ho looks great! I really do love that blue border. I hope things keep going well with Midnight too.

     
  • At 1:51 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    He looks great! Congrats! Glad to hear that Midnight is doing okay!

     
  • At 12:37 PM , Blogger Beatrice said...

    Congratulations on your finish. It is stunning.
    What a pretty kitty.

     
  • At 12:47 PM , Blogger CraftyT said...

    I love your Snow HoHo I am a HUGE snowman fan. That is such a nice stitching job you did.

    Your cate does look quit comfy :)
    Natasha

     
  • At 1:04 PM , Blogger Lili said...

    More wishes for lovely Midnight.
    Your snowman turned out so cute! And I think you're right about the two/three strands both about working with them, and about the final effect you have achieved. It's always great to read your blog, you have great ideas to share.
    Lots of hugs,
    Lili

     
  • At 1:49 PM , Blogger Sally said...

    Snow Ho Ho looks brilliant!

    Midnight looks so settled and cute there:)

     
  • At 3:22 PM , Blogger Michele said...

    Love Snow Ho Ho .. nice finish!

    So glad Midnight is doing well :)

     
  • At 10:43 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Glad to see that Midnight is hanging in there.
    and snow ho ho looks fantastic!!

     
  • At 10:12 AM , Blogger Oma said...

    I can't for the life of me understand why designers would recommend stitchin with 3 strands on 28 ct. evenweave. It just looks so messy.

     
  • At 1:37 PM , Blogger Dawn B. said...

    Well snow ho ho looks great. I was just given this pattern from a friend so it's nice to see it stitched up.

     
  • At 2:54 PM , Anonymous monique said...

    Aw, Midnight is so sweet; glad she's feeling better :)

     
  • At 5:47 PM , Blogger Ranae said...

    Congrats!
    I just finished a Waxing Moon too.
    I guess it was time to finish those cold looking WIP's and get on with spring/summer.

     
  • At 8:13 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

    Snow Ho Ho looks wonderful - such a cute design. Life sure can be very busy at times and that's when I feel I don't get much done at all.

    I hope Midnight bounces back with the spring weather.

     
  • At 7:29 AM , Blogger Concetta said...

    Your Schoolgirl Lessons is coming along beautifully - I love the colour you've picked. And I know, isn't the Belle Soie silk so lovely to stitch with? I've been debating about whether or not to start the Lizzie Kate Double Flips myself, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on it!

    To answer your questions (thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, btw).. I'm using 32-Count for the LHN coffee series. As far as I remember, I had plenty of thread left over in all colours for Caffe Latte; for Frappuccino I came very close to finishing Old Crow (Black) and as you know I ran out of Teddy Bear: but only just. You may well not run out of any. I still have some left overs of all the colours (and I have plenty of Teddy Bear in my stash too), so if you do happen to run out give me a shout and I'd be happy to post some to you. I'll let you know how I go with Cappuccino when I get around to stitching it. It's very similar to Caffe Latte, so I'm guessing there won't be any thread issues with that one. :D

     
  • At 10:05 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

    Great finish! I've enjoyed this one from the very start and would love to stitch it myself someday.
    Midnight looks very comfy in that photo. Glad to hear she's coming along.

     
  • At 11:39 PM , Blogger Sachiko said...

    Congratulations on your lovely finish.

     
  • At 9:21 PM , Blogger Nancy in IL said...

    I love WM designs but don't think I've ever seen this one, probably because you did such a beautiful job, I don't recognize it. I love it on that blue fabric---perfect!

    I, too, was glad to hear that Midnight is doing well. Let's not have any other pet problems for awhile now :-)

     
  • At 4:23 PM , Blogger Stitching Mama said...

    That is adorable!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home